Author Topic: how are you handling your 2021 tickets?  (Read 8084 times)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Re: how are you handling your 2021 tickets?
« Reply #250: August 10, 2021, 01:50:04 PM »
When gaslighting is the only remaining avenue to get people to renew
But the most laughable part of the email was that they told me I could reserve my 2021 postseason strip....

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #251: August 10, 2021, 03:09:24 PM »
But the most laughable part of the email was that they told me I could reserve my 2021 postseason strip....

I literally spit out my drink laughing when I read that part.

My seats went up $17 per ticket per game.  There's no way in hell we're renewing at that price.  Hopefully the Nats are hearing from a ton of SPHs about not renewing.  I seriously doubt that will alter their price structure, but who knows.  After 17 years I can't quit the team cold turkey, so I will likely renew in a much cheaper location (assuming I can still convince my partners to stay on).

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #252: August 10, 2021, 03:22:18 PM »

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #253: August 10, 2021, 03:40:46 PM »
I literally spit out my drink laughing when I read that part.

Hopefully the Nats are hearing from a ton of SPHs about not renewing.  I seriously doubt that will alter their price structure, but who knows.  After 17 years I can't quit the team cold turkey, so I will likely renew in a much cheaper location (assuming I can still convince my partners to stay on).

Looks like acres of penny-wise fail to do things that basically seem to be driving away the consistent plan holders — like those who have posted here — who have been willing to show up in ups and downs, find ways to get there through train or traffic /parking headaches, spend money there, and so forth. 

If we wanted further clues whether their ownership and its new leadership iteration gets it, looks like this can be added to the portfolio.

Offline YadiSTAR aka Smithian

• YadiCHISE
« Reply #254: August 10, 2021, 04:02:05 PM »
I'm shocked by the increase in ticket prices. Attendance has been sparse this season, this offseason is going to be a labor battle which always turns fans off, and as others have pointed out Championship teams often see attendance crash hard if teams don't contend. That is a bad set of factors.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #255: August 10, 2021, 05:14:13 PM »
I have season tickets for a college basketball team, and while the price point is considerably lower than what it would be for a full season for a major league baseball team, considering there were no games last year and the team has not been very good for a couple of seasons, I was really disappointed when I saw my tickets went up about 20% as well. I’m guessing teams are largely just trying to make up for lost revenue after a lost season in 2020. It still looks pretty bad to be raising prices after all of that, I think.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #256: August 11, 2021, 08:16:14 AM »
[...]Attendance has been sparse this season, this offseason is going to be a labor battle which always turns fans off[...]

Absolutely true. In 1993 MLB averaged slightly over 2.5m attendance per team; in the 1994 strike year, attendance per team plunged to under 1.8m and did not recover to pre-strike levels till 2006.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/topics/attendance/

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #257: August 13, 2021, 12:10:35 PM »
After the opening day fiasco with tickets I paid premium for and how they handled giving me a 7 inning game in June after team had already phoned it in exchange, they were so excited to offer me a post season strip. I told them to "Kindly go freak yourselves"

I'm opting out of my season tickets for 2022.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #258: August 13, 2021, 11:26:07 PM »
After the opening day fiasco with tickets I paid premium for and how they handled giving me a 7 inning game in June after team had already phoned it in exchange, they were so excited to offer me a post season strip. I told them to "Kindly go freak yourselves"

Good point - I forgot about how people got screwed on that.  I'm planning on talking to my ticket rep (or possibly someone more senior) about my concerns about how the value of being a SPH has gone down so much in recent years.  What else can you guys think of that has gotten worse? 

I'm really annoyed that the Red Carpet Rewards system was essentially gutted this year.  I know we got a few points, but there was no ability to get additional points by entering codes after every game.  I though that was a great perk, and now it's gone.  They might blame the pandemic, but I see no reason why that program shouldn't have returned once the stadium went back to full capacity.

So, what else should we let them know about?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #259: August 13, 2021, 11:36:53 PM »
What else should we let them know about?

That their announced 50% bonus for staying in during 2020 was really a 30% bonus since it included the 20% discount we were already receiving.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #260: August 14, 2021, 12:26:10 AM »
That their announced 50% bonus for staying in during 2020 was really a 30% bonus since it included the 20% discount we were already receiving.

Hmm, interesting, but not sure I quite understand.  I took my bonus credit as e-cash.  Normally I get a 30% kick-back when using e-cash, but that doesn't apply when using your bonus e-cash.  I kind of get that.  If they were going to give me a 50% bonus credit PLUS 30% cash-back, then that would have been an 80% credit.  So I'm OK with the 50% bonus plan (unless I'm missing something).

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #261: August 14, 2021, 12:50:29 AM »
Hmm, interesting, but not sure I quite understand.  I took my bonus credit as e-cash.  Normally I get a 30% kick-back when using e-cash, but that doesn't apply when using your bonus e-cash.  I kind of get that.  If they were going to give me a 50% bonus credit PLUS 30% cash-back, then that would have been an 80% credit.  So I'm OK with the 50% bonus plan (unless I'm missing something).

You got 30% off before?  You sure?

I guess they did indeed disclose that the ecash back didn't apply to the 50% bonus...

https://www.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/credit-terms

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #262: August 14, 2021, 01:17:40 AM »
You got 30% off before?  You sure?

I guess they did indeed disclose that the ecash back didn't apply to the 50% bonus...

https://www.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/credit-terms

Yea, full SPHs were kicked up to a 30% kick-back a year or two ago (which is one thing that's still an amazing perk).  I was initially hoping this still applied when you used your bonus e-cash, but that turned out to be too good to be true.  And as you noted, they let us know about that, so I can't kill them on that.

But I'm still wondering about other perks that have dropped off the table in recent years that people are unhappy about.  I work in a customer service field and we really do take feedback to heart, so I think the more feedback we give the Nats the better.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #263: August 14, 2021, 01:20:27 AM »
Yea, full SPHs were kicked up to a 30% kick-back a year or two ago (which is one thing that's still an amazing perk).

I never noticed...thought it was 20% still...thanks...

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #264: August 14, 2021, 01:45:25 AM »
I never noticed...thought it was 20% still...thanks...

I just went back and looked at my history...as a full SPH Partner, I only got 20% back in 2019...there was no 2020...and I am still working on bonus ecash so I don't see any cash back at all this year... :shrug:

Offline Upper Level Dad

« Reply #265: August 14, 2021, 10:19:58 AM »
With no resale market for the next few years, they should change the exchange program to dollar for dollar instead of ticket for ticket.

I’d happily trade my 315 seats for games I can’t make for fewer tickets in nicer areas.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #266: August 16, 2021, 08:52:13 AM »
With no resale market for the next few years, they should change the exchange program to dollar for dollar instead of ticket for ticket.

I’d happily trade my 315 seats for games I can’t make for fewer tickets in nicer areas.

I believe there is a way to do that, I just haven't figured it out, Bluestreak was telling me about how he does it to get into the diamond club from time to time at the last meet and greet. Crazy to think that will have been two years when the next M&G happens.

I'm in 317 so I feel you, but I haven't sat in that seat all season, I'm usually field level between the bases. I'm basically a professional seat jumper and I have a healthy disdain for following established rules.

Offline bluestreak

« Reply #267: August 16, 2021, 09:03:24 AM »

I believe there is a way to do that, I just haven't figured it out, Bluestreak was telling me about how he does it to get into the diamond club from time to time at the last meet and greet. Crazy to think that will have been two years when the next M&G happens.

I'm in 317 so I feel you, but I haven't sat in that seat all season, I'm usually field level between the bases. I'm basically a professional seat jumper and I have a healthy disdain for following established rules.

There’s definitely a way to do it. Or at least there was. It’s entirely possible it’s been disabled.  I haven’t dealt with ticket management in two years.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #268: August 16, 2021, 02:43:54 PM »
Just got a text from the Nats that 2022 season plans are on sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online HondoKillebrew

« Reply #269: August 16, 2021, 05:02:27 PM »
Just got a text from the Nats that 2022 season plans are on sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The JoJo Gray Plan.  Tickets for his games only. 

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #270: September 06, 2021, 09:58:31 PM »
So I talked to my agent a few days ago to see how the Nats are justifying the 20% increase in my plan.  Our seats are in the Champions Club MVP area and they claim that they are making "improvements" in the indoor club to make it more of an "exclusive" area.  But when I asked what the specific improvements were and if they had a timeline of when they would be done, of course they had no details.  So they basically want us to pay for unknown improvements on an unknown timeline.  And this is on top of reduced benefits to SPHs like the gutted RCR program.  And THAT'S on top of the fact that the team is in a major rebuilding (excuse me, "rebooting") phase.  Ridiculous.  I can't believe they can justify this kind of price increase with a straight face.

Is anyone else opting out?  I'm pretty sure my group is.  At a minimum, we're going to downgrade our seats.

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #271: September 07, 2021, 01:16:28 AM »
So I talked to my agent a few days ago to see how the Nats are justifying the 20% increase in my plan.  Our seats are in the Champions Club MVP area and they claim that they are making "improvements" in the indoor club to make it more of an "exclusive" area.  But when I asked what the specific improvements were and if they had a timeline of when they would be done, of course they had no details.  So they basically want us to pay for unknown improvements on an unknown timeline.  And this is on top of reduced benefits to SPHs like the gutted RCR program.  And THAT'S on top of the fact that the team is in a major rebuilding (excuse me, "rebooting") phase.  Ridiculous.  I can't believe they can justify this kind of price increase with a straight face.

Is anyone else opting out?  I'm pretty sure my group is.  At a minimum, we're going to downgrade our seats.

Yes, my group cut our plan in half, from 4 seats to 2.  No one (other than me) is interested in going as much, and folks will either go in smaller groups or trade two seats to make sets of 4 from time to time.  Definitely folks wanted to not be spending as much in general given the direction of the team.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #272: September 07, 2021, 07:32:12 AM »
Yes, my group cut our plan in half, from 4 seats to 2.  No one (other than me) is interested in going as much, and folks will either go in smaller groups or trade two seats to make sets of 4 from time to time.  Definitely folks wanted to not be spending as much in general given the direction of the team.
Hutzpah I think is the word for a price increase like that for a bad product. 

Fans always like to make fun of how the attendance in other towns goes down when the team is not winning. Like their city has true fans of baseball or whatever. But it happens everywhere.  Not sure what the Lerners are thinking. 

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #273: September 07, 2021, 08:40:51 AM »

I'm outtathere (for reasons already discussed some months ago). TBSITH will have a new occupant-of-record next season.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #274: September 07, 2021, 09:01:04 AM »

very reluctantly I've come to a decision to at least not renew the 4 in the 2d floor club we've had since the stadium opened. It's really been priced out of the range I'm comfortable with and I got a lot of price resistance from about half of my group's heavy hitters.  Philosophically, the group started back 30 years ago when DC was up for an expansion franchise as an office group.  We ended up with Camden Yards tickets when it opened and DC didn't get a team, then switched back in '05.  WE got the Club seats in '08 as sort of a nice thing, but what has happened is that the price now is beyond what starting attorneys in our office feel comfortable paying.  I've got to rethink the package.  I still may end up buying back in with a different plan, maybe 4 seats in the Gallery for half a season and 2 seats in the Club for half, but I need to act now.  At least 9/9 forced me to act.