Author Topic: Washington [Insert Name Here for an NFL team] Thread (2021)  (Read 9554 times)

Online Natsinpwc

WFT to announce its new name on February 2nd.

Ground Hogs???
Commanders.

Danny trying to get military support.

Online HalfSmokes

Maryland Redskins. Danny embraces history and reality

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Commanders.

Sukhois

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
FWIW:

https://twitter.com/emesola/status/1478373228871663621

Both Groundhogs and Commanders were recently registered.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
FWIW:

https://twitter.com/emesola/status/1478373228871663621

Both Groundhogs and Commanders were recently registered.
isn't Punxsutawney Steelers country?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Wolves and Red Wolves are out due to trademark issues. :|

Offline GburgNatsFan

Awful.

Commanders.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Maryland WFT fans are getting more and more rare. The next stadium won't be here.

Maryland Redskins. Danny embraces history and reality

Online HalfSmokes

Maryland WFT fans are getting more and more rare. The next stadium won't be here.

They aren’t prevalent in Virginia either and land in DC seems too valuable to waste on Snyder

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Awful.

was going to be Comanches in honor of the helicopter, but there was a copyright issue with Jeep . . .

Offline GburgNatsFan

What NFL teams are VAers moving to?

They aren’t prevalent in Virginia either and land in DC seems too valuable to waste on Snyder

Online HalfSmokes

What NFL teams are VAers moving to?

I don’t see much NFL gear at all. Most of my friends just care more about their college teams. Those same guys have nats/caps/united gear and their kids are local fans, just not redskins

Offline GburgNatsFan

Snyder has done so much damage to what used to be a fun franchise.

I don’t see much NFL gear at all. Most of my friends just care more about their college teams.

Online HalfSmokes

I'm sure they blame the transitory fanbase. Somehow other teams in similar cities manage it just fine, but it's always the transplants who are to blame (even though those same kids are huge Nat and Caps fans)

Online Natsinpwc

I'm sure they blame the transitory fanbase. Somehow other teams in similar cities manage it just fine, but it's always the transplants who are to blame (even though those same kids are huge Nat and Caps fans)
Was the same transitory fan base as when the team was popular. Danny boy just screwed the pooch.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
it's been a while, but I'd like to see another 5 sport men's pro DC team popularity poll.  Nats have taken a hit, of course, but my recollection was that in the 2017-19 timeframe, the Caps and the Nats had passed the NFL team.  I don't think the Mystics and the women's soccer team would place high, but Mystics vs. the Wiz might be interesting.

Online HalfSmokes

it's been a while, but I'd like to see another 5 sport men's pro DC team popularity poll.  Nats have taken a hit, of course, but my recollection was that in the 2017-19 timeframe, the Caps and the Nats had passed the NFL team.  I don't think the Mystics and the women's soccer team would place high, but Mystics vs. the Wiz might be interesting.

I'm sure it's hyper localized, but I know multiple families with spirit season tickets and just about all of my daughters' friends go to spirit games. Most go to nats and united games, some to caps, and I would bet money all but one or two have never been to a WFT game.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
I'm sure it's hyper localized, but I know multiple families with spirit season tickets and just about all of my daughters' friends go to spirit games. Most go to nats and united games, some to caps, and I would be money all but one or two have never been to a WFT game.

You mean a crap team can't get away with having a miserable fan experience at their home stadium?

Offline nfotiu

I’ve lived in Richmond 16 years now.  When I first moved here, the WFT was definitely the biggest deal in my random friends circles. 

Some where along the line caps fans took over and had a sprinkle of Nats fans

I’ve had kids grow up playing baseball and soccer in that timeframe and the kids in both sports had football as at least their second favorite sport to watch and maybe 10% were wft fans.  The baseball kids were definitely 80% nats fans and soccer players generally watched overseas teams but were casually united fans.  There were a fair contingent in both sports who were hockey fans and almost 100% were capital fans.

Online HalfSmokes

it looks like the NFC championship will be between coaches.that the Redskins had in the building that we passed for a Gruden and Rivera. Great job Snyder

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
It ain’t over yet

Online HalfSmokes

Brady has no line. Let’s see him compete a long drive before saying they’re back in it

Offline GburgNatsFan

Amazing ending.
Brady has no line. Let’s see him compete a long drive before saying they’re back in it