Author Topic: Washington [Insert Name Here for an NFL team] Thread (2021)  (Read 9892 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Fitz is reportedly due back either after the bye or the following week.

Offline Natsinpwc

Their best bet now is to continue losing and draft a qb next year. They aren't saving this season.
I was thinking that for the Eagles with one of their two or three first round picks. But is anyone excited about any of the QBs in the draft this year?  I watched Corral and not that impressed. And the guy from Liberty has not played against anyone.

Online HalfSmokes

I was thinking that for the Eagles with one of their two or three first round picks. But is anyone excited about any of the QBs in the draft this year?  I watched Corral and not that impressed. And the guy from Liberty has not played against anyone.

Is anyone impressed with anyone that they could legitimately have a shot at picking up (assuming Rogers and Wilson are not coming to play for Snyder)?

Offline imref

CBS's mock draft has Corral going to WFT at #5 but says he's a project.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-mock-draft-washington-broncos-and-lions-land-quarterbacks-six-receivers-go-in-round-1/

Sounds like someones going to have to show him the ropes and break him in before he's able to pull his weight at this level of rodeo.

They have Carson Strong ranked higher, but he's had knee issues.

Offline Natsinpwc

CBS's mock draft has Corral going to WFT at #5 but says he's a project.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-mock-draft-washington-broncos-and-lions-land-quarterbacks-six-receivers-go-in-round-1/

Sounds like someones going to have to show him the ropes and break him in before he's able to pull his weight at this level of rodeo.

They have Carson Strong ranked higher, but he's had knee issues.
I will pass on anyone named Carson from a western state.

Online HalfSmokes

Is there any organization in any sport less suited to showing a high profile project pick the ropes than WFT?

Online Five Banners

Is there any organization in any sport less suited to showing a high profile project pick the ropes than WFT?

Birdland? Maybe it’s a push

Offline imref

Offline GataNats

Chase Young is the biggest bust of this century

Offline Natsinpwc

Chris Blewitt...and now he's blown town...https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32590925/washington-football-team-releases-chris-blewitt-three-kicks-blocked-two-games
They signed Joey Slye who played at North Stafford High and VT.  Of course was one of Rivera's guys in Carolina. 

Online HalfSmokes

So we're going to go with a local school kicker theme now?

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Meanwhile Jose Borregales is on a practice squad for some reason

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
They signed Joey Slye who played at North Stafford High and VT.  Of course was one of Rivera's guys in Carolina. 

...and he makes his first field goal as a Washington Generic. a 46-yarder! Let's enjoy it while we can....

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
They mentioned that Chase Young wasn't on the field.  How would they know?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

Brady must have taken the Redskins and the points...

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Heinke should just play the Bucs every week

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
RAISE A HEINEKEN FOR HEINEKE!...whodathunkit....

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Chase Young out for the season with a torn ACL

Online HalfSmokes

Dan Snyder reminding people he's awful

Metro said it will not offer late-night rail service after a Monday night Washington Football Team game next week.  ...

Sports teams can request and pay for additional service, but Metro spokeswoman Sherri Ly said the Washington Football Team didn’t ask for extra trains. ...

Football team officials didn’t say why the team opted not to request extra service, but said it had other plans in place. Up to 1,000 fans at the game can get $15 off a Lyft ride from the stadium. And during game announcements in the stadium and via push alerts to ticket holders, attendees will be told when they need to leave to make the last train.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/transportation/2021/11/24/metro-service-washington-football-team/

Offline imref

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
If nobody is there does it matter?

Trans-planted Seattle fans are probably smart enough to drive, anyway. How many deluded Snyder fans are left?