Author Topic: Washington [Insert Name Here for an NFL team] Thread (2021)  (Read 9549 times)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile

I've noticed that. Some of the people that play fantasy football say some weird crap when you watch games around them.

One reason why, apart from a brief flirtation ca1980 (when fantasy leagues were a new concept) I've never gone in for fantasy leagues. I'm too involved with real teams in real leagues to worry about imaginary ones.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

Offline OldChelsea

Sigh.

At half-time I switched over to the Nats match...and got treated to the Nats' 14th grand slam homer allowed, tying a major league record. It's just not on for DC teams today.

Offline Natsinpwc

Did not see the WFT game.  Did they get dominated by as much as the score indicates?  Buffalo is very good.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Defense was badly over matched in the couple of quarters I saw. Offense looked decent.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Did not see the WFT game.  Did they get dominated by as much as the score indicates?  Buffalo is very good.
Yes.

Offline Slateman

No idea what is going on with the defense. This is the second bad offensive line the WFT has gone against and they struggle to get pressure with just rushing four. I get that a lot of teams have to scheme and blitz, but this team has four first round picks on the defensive line. They should be able to get some pressure rushing just four

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Washington Football Team head trainer placed on administrative leave after law enforcement search of facility

Offline Slateman

DEA raiding the WFT head trainer. Classic.

Offline HalfSmokes

Does Tonya get suspended too now?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Team will retire Sean Taylor’s number 21.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Team will retire Sean Taylor’s number 21.

there was a lot of backlash for only announcing it a few days before hand.

Offline Slateman

Whateve is in those files/emails from the investigation is enough to force Snyder to sell the team.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Whateve is in those files/emails from the investigation is enough to force Snyder to sell the team.
Isn’t the investigation closed?

Offline HalfSmokes

Yes. Hopefully more leaks

Offline OldChelsea

I heard on WTOP this morning that the Washington Generics had the worst home attendance in the NFL - checked ESPN.com stats and it's true - http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance - average home attendance 51,002, 62.2% of home capacity sold, both dead last.

The STH wait-list is just a memory now...hey Snyder, wake up and smell the (day-old Starsucks) coffee...it doesn't matter that you're making money just off your cut of the telly contract and NFL Properties...empty/tarped-over sections and takeover games look very bad on national television.

Offline 1995hoo

I heard on WTOP this morning that the Washington Generics had the worst home attendance in the NFL - checked ESPN.com stats and it's true - http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance - average home attendance 51,002, 62.2% of home capacity sold, both dead last.

The STH wait-list is just a memory now...hey Snyder, wake up and smell the (day-old Starsucks) coffee...it doesn't matter that you're making money just off your cut of the telly contract and NFL Properties...empty/tarped-over sections and takeover games look very bad on national television.

What's notable about that figure is that RFK's seating capacity when the Redskins played there was 55,750. (It's less now because they removed the bleachers at one end after the Redskins left, and then removed the seats behind the other end zone when the Nats moved in, and they've never restored either.)

Offline Natsinpwc

What's notable about that figure is that RFK's seating capacity when the Redskins played there was 55,750. (It's less now because they removed the bleachers at one end after the Redskins left, and then removed the seats behind the other end zone when the Nats moved in, and they've never restored either.)
Danny has quite a lot to be proud of. I mean look how he has reduced traffic around the stadium.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Danny has quite a lot to be proud of. I mean look how he has reduced traffic around the stadium.
single-handedly improved the Sunday air quality in PG and Northeast by reducing the vehicle miles travelled!

Offline Natsinpwc

single-handedly improved the Sunday air quality in PG and Northeast by reducing the vehicle miles travelled!
I can see Great Thunberg presenting him a climate change award.

Offline HalfSmokes

Think of the tax payers who won’t have to fund the next stadium. He really is a great guy

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
https://apnews.com/article/nfl-sports-football-jon-gruden-las-vegas-raiders-f7c5b1e6ef2c4125f5ff56abfcc0dcec

The NFL has found no other current team or league personnel to have sent emails containing racist, homophobic or misogynistic language similar to messages written by Jon Gruden that led to his resignation as Las Vegas Raiders coach, according to a person familiar with the documents.

The person familiar with the investigation as well as emails told The Associated Press on Friday that the league “did not identify other areas and other individuals it has to contact at club leadership or league leadership levels.” The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the league has not publicly released what is in the 650,000 emails the independent investigators collected during an investigation of sexual harassment and other workplace conditions at the Washington Football Team.

Lolololol

You’re telling me that they looked through these emails and the only offensive things were what Gruden wrote. Because he wrote this stuff unsolicited and no one responded to them. And no one else in the organization said anything else independent of this. Totally believable.
I’m pretty sure if you looked through 650,000 emails of mine you’d find 50 that would be questionable…

So they do an investigation of the Washington football team, and the only person to lose his job is the coach of another team who wasn’t even working for the NFL at the time. Sounds totally reasonable.

Someone must have *really* had it out for Jon Gruden.

Offline Five Banners

https://apnews.com/article/nfl-sports-football-jon-gruden-las-vegas-raiders-f7c5b1e6ef2c4125f5ff56abfcc0dcec

You’re telling me that they looked through these emails and the only offensive things were what Gruden wrote. Because he wrote this stuff unsolicited and no one responded to them. And no one else in the organization said anything else independent of this. Totally believable.
I’m pretty sure if you looked through 650,000 emails of mine you’d find 50 that would be questionable…

So they do an investigation of the Washington football team, and the only person to lose his job is the coach of another team who wasn’t even working for the NFL at the time. Sounds totally reasonable.

Agreed, laughable

Offline machpost

Those old RFK seats have actually been available to buy online for years now. I'm hoping that they drop in price over the next few years when thousands more become available.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Those old RFK seats have actually been available to buy online for years now. I'm hoping that they drop in price over the next few years when thousands more become available.

They probably cost more than a seat at FedEx...