Author Topic: Washington [Insert Name Here for an NFL team] Thread (2021)  (Read 9802 times)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
So does Newton end up on the WFT?  Skippy won't even have to change her dogs name then...
Jonesy says he likes his new name just fine :mg:

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
If you arent starting your franchise QB, you have to be grooming him. If you're not doing either, you're going nowhere.

Online Natsinpwc

Loser name. 

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

Online Natsinpwc

:spit:
He let me down today.  Was rooting for NE (Eagles have Miami's first round pick next year).

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
wasn't jonesy the cat in Alien that Sigourney weaver went back for?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
wasn't jonesy the cat in Alien that Sigourney weaver went back for?

Ranked the #15 movie cat of all time:

https://www.insider.com/ranking-of-the-best-movie-cats-2019-5

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
Glad Goose and Rhubarb are on the list.

Bogus cat list - if it doesn't contain Custard... ;)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
WFT has a QB

Offline HalfSmokes

I think this was the year to tank enough to get one after Fitz went down (and realize they need one instead of another D lineman). Now I think they’ll win just enough to be out of the running for one of the top ones next draft

Online Natsinpwc

That was a fun game to watch and especially the second half. Kept me up past my bedtime. 

The Washington defense did not look very good especially considering that the Giants’ offensive line is considered to be weak and they didn’t put up many points in game one. Could have scored 40 easily last night. 

Looks like a brutal schedule coming up other than Atlanta. However the Giants are not that good and Dallas is always overrated and banged up already.  Cautious on the Eagles as Atlanta looks bad.   So probably still anyone’s division.

Offline HalfSmokes

That was a fun game to watch and especially the second half. Kept me up past my bedtime. 

The Washington defense did not look very good especially considering that the Giants’ offensive line is considered to be weak and they didn’t put up many points in game one. Could have scored 40 easily last night. 

Looks like a brutal schedule coming up other than Atlanta. However the Giants are not that good and Dallas is always overrated and banged up already.  Cautious on the Eagles as Atlanta looks bad.   So probably still anyone’s division.

I think the division goes to the eagles if Hurts can keep up his level of play. If not, I think it goes to the cowboys. I think Washington and New York are just plain putrid. Washington has the most overrated (at least among Washington fans) defense that I can remember.

Offline imref

I think the division goes to the eagles if Hurts can keep up his level of play. If not, I think it goes to the cowboys. I think Washington and New York are just plain putrid. Washington has the most overrated (at least among Washington fans) defense that I can remember.

Hurts has been impressive in his NFL run so far.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
The WFT defense has been pretty poor, particularly the line. With that much talent and draft stock invested, this team should rarely need to blitz. And last night, any time they only rushed four, Daniel Jones picked the Washington secondary apart

Online Natsinpwc

Hurts has been impressive in his NFL run so far.
He looked good against Atlanta.  But his stats in the four games he started last year were terrible. Only about 50 percent completion and lots of turnovers.  Of course the line had lots of injuries and it appeared that the coaching staff had checked out also.  SF has a better defense so this week will be a test. 

Online Natsinpwc

The WFT defense has been pretty poor, particularly the line. With that much talent and draft stock invested, this team should rarely need to blitz. And last night, any time they only rushed four, Daniel Jones picked the Washington secondary apart
Sweat looks to me like a much better player than Chase Young. Should have drafted Herbert.

Offline imref

He looked good against Atlanta.  But his stats in the four games he started last year were terrible. Only about 50 percent completion and lots of turnovers.  Of course the line had lots of injuries and it appeared that the coaching staff had checked out also.  SF has a better defense so this week will be a test. 

Terrible? 1,000 yards passing, 300 yards rushing and 9 combined throwing/running DS in just over 3 and a half games. Carry that out over a full season and that's almost 5k yards passing and more than 40 TDs.

He was a top-ten fantasy QB going into this season on both Yahoo and ESPN.

Offline Mattionals

Ok, so I haven't watched football in years, but I am a WFT fan from my youth. Anybody else read the article on ESPN about all of the QBs the team has had since Rypien? They ranked them all over these last 30 years. Pretty hard to look at some of them, and just sad for others.

Online Natsinpwc

Terrible? 1,000 yards passing, 300 yards rushing and 9 combined throwing/running DS in just over 3 and a half games. Carry that out over a full season and that's almost 5k yards passing and more than 40 TDs.

Like I said completion percentage of 52.  4 interceptions and a couple lost fumbles.  QBR of 41.0.  Fantasy football is not real football. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HurtJa00.htm

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/qb-power-rankings-2020/2/

Online machpost

Ok, so I haven't watched football in years, but I am a WFT fan from my youth. Anybody else read the article on ESPN about all of the QBs the team has had since Rypien? They ranked them all over these last 30 years. Pretty hard to look at some of them, and just sad for others.
I was born and raised a Steelers fan, but having moved to the DC area right at the beginning of the Dan Snyder era, it truly feels like a curse was put upon this franchise. I mean, so much of their misfortune just looks like bad luck.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
I was born and raised a Steelers fan, but having moved to the DC area right at the beginning of the Dan Snyder era, it truly feels like a curse was put upon this franchise. I mean, so much of their misfortune just looks like bad luck.

Offline HalfSmokes

I think no one should be happier about the Young pick than Herbert. We would have ruined him

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

:hysterical:  good gracious