Author Topic: Washington [Insert Name Here for an NFL team] Thread (2021)  (Read 9885 times)

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
I assume they will draft a QB, probably not one from OSU :), and let Heinecke and Fitzpatrick compete for the starting job. That essentially means punting on next season, or hoping defense and running game can again get them into the playoffs.
We just went 7-9 with Haskins (1-5 in his starts) and a one legged Alex Smith. Our defense, while ranked high, had a bunch of makeshift pieces in the back seven aside from Kendall Fuller. 2020 Fitzpatrick could get this team to the playoffs.

16 full games of not Haskins at QB will be a huge improvement. I'm interested to see how they replace Ronald Darby. There needs to be a ton of work at linebacker.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
So basically they signed Rex Grossman 2.0

This is so dumb. You cannot win without  a franchise QB. No amount of talent will get you to a Super Bowl without it.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024

This is so dumb. You cannot win without  a franchise QB. No amount of talent will get you to a Super Bowl without it.
Sometimes the perfect answer doesn’t exist. If everyone could easily get a franchise QB, everyone would have one. They swung big. This is a plan B. I like it for the interim. If 2020 Fitz shows up, great. If 9 teams Fitz shows up, Allen and Heinicke are both better than Haskins.

Washington just signed William Jackson to replace Ronald Darby. I’d have just signed Darby, but big upgrade.

Add a coverage LB and another WR like Curtis Samuels? This will be a fun season.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Jimmy Garoppolo says hi!

Offline Slateman

Sometimes the perfect answer doesn’t exist. If everyone could easily get a franchise QB, everyone would have one. They swung big. This is a plan B. I like it for the interim. If 2020 Fitz shows up, great. If 9 teams Fitz shows up, Allen and Heinicke are both better than Haskins.

Washington just signed William Jackson to replace Ronald Darby. I’d have just signed Darby, but big upgrade.

Add a coverage LB and another WR like Curtis Samuels? This will be a fun season.
Then do the difficult thing. This is more like plan D.

You're either statting your franchise QB, or grooming him. This is neither. This is, at best, a lateral move. WFT will face a first place schedule and has not improved from last season.

Online Five Banners

Then do the difficult thing. This is more like plan D.

You're either statting your franchise QB, or grooming him. This is neither. This is, at best, a lateral move. WFT will face a first place schedule and has not improved from last season.

Living up to their generic name, perhaps...

Online imref

Curtis Samuel coming to DC.

Offline Slateman

Living up to their generic name, perhaps...
You know, maybe that should be the team name. The Washingtion Generic Football Team

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Curtis Samuel coming to DC.
And they just signed William Jackson. Jackson and Fuller behind this pass rush could be scary. They still have to get better at at LB, where it is pretty bad right now. But you can always find average linebackers on the street. I would love Zaven Collins in 1st Round if he drops.

If we get 2020 Fitzpatrick, him jacking deep balls with Curtis Samuels and Terry McLaurin will be a lot of fun.

Online imref

Boomtown Rats.  Sir Bob isn't using it anymore.

Sea Dogs!

Offline HalfSmokes

I wonder if they will publish results. Redskins is probably leading comfortably

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
The Covfefe.

Online imref

I wonder if they will publish results. Redskins is probably leading comfortably

there's as much a chance of that happening as the Wizards finally releasing the results of their team name vote from years ago.

I would think it's either Redskins or "Football Team McFootball Face"

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession

Offline Slateman

this is backwards.  We want Snyder bought out. 

Offline ajcartwright

You know, maybe that should be the team name. The Washingtion Generic Football Team

gonna be Panthers North

Offline HalfSmokes

(Image removed from quote.)

NFL is doubling down on Snyder. Hopefully they lose every game

Offline GataNats

Humphries a really good signing

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
NFL is doubling down on Snyder. Hopefully they lose every game

He must have pictures from an owner's convention.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Humphries a really good signing
It's an okay signing. Gives them depth. Not a bad #3 WR if Cam Sims flash at end of last season was a mirage.

It does let them focus on OL and LB with early picks instead of looking for a slot.

Online imref

Washington owner Dan Snyder files court papers against Bruce Allen, alleging Allen played a role in negative stories

https://richmond.com/sports/professional/washington-owner-dan-snyder-files-court-papers-against-bruce-allen-alleging-allen-played-a-role/article_0c076738-61ac-560b-bfa4-65c786cb1426.html

It would be great if we could get a reality film crew following this. Dan Snyder could be the next "Joe Exotic"