Author Topic: Washington [Insert Name Here for an NFL team] Thread (2021)  (Read 9566 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

right move would be minority investor with right of first refusal if Snyder puts the team up.
That’s how Ted got the Caps and Wizards. I doubt Danny wants to ply nice though. Can’t see him selling unless the other owners force him out.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
That’s how Ted got the Caps and Wizards. I doubt Danny wants to ply nice though. Can’t see him selling unless the other owners force him out.
by the other owners, you mean the other NFL owners, not the minority shareholders.  Best shot at him being forced out is if the harassment scandals blow up.

Offline Natsinpwc

by the other owners, you mean the other NFL owners, not the minority shareholders.  Best shot at him being forced out is if the harassment scandals blow up.
Yes. The other NFL owners.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Yes. The other NFL owners.

That's basically how Jerry Richardson was forced to sell the Carolina Panthers.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Didn't see this coming: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/alex-smith-says-washington-didnt-want-me-after-return-from-injury-hesitated-to-give-him-fair-shake/

"Heck no, they didn't want me there," Smith told GQ. "At that point, as you can imagine, everything I'd been through, I couldn't have cared less about all that. Whether you like it or not, I'm giving this a go at this point."

Washington's opposition to his return began in the summer, when Smith abruptly received clearance to begin football activities, despite sitting out the entire 2019 season while in rehab.

"I mean, they tried to put me on PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) for two weeks, then they tried to high-arm me," he said. "I felt like I still hadn't had my fair shake at that point. I wanted to see if I could play quarterback and play football, and I feel like I hadn't been given that opportunity yet to find that out. It's like getting this close to the end line of a marathon and they're telling you that you can't finish the race. It's like, f--- that. I'm finishing this thing. At least I'm going to see if I can. So, I'm thankful we worked through all that stuff, but no, it wasn't like open arms coming back after two years."

Offline HalfSmokes

The redskins trying their best to do wrong by a player is about the most predictable story line there is.

Offline imref

And it’s over.  Per Ian Rapoport, WFT expected to release Alex Smith

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Per FBN - the Redskins are replacing their cheerleaders with a coed dance team.   :doh:

Offline NatNasty

Per FBN - the Redskins are replacing their cheerleaders with a coed dance team.   :doh:

Will you be trying out?

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Will you be trying out?

Not with these knees.

Offline imref

JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS
The
@JunksRadio
 have obtained information from the 130+ page of the NFL investigation into the Washington Football Team - the top recommendation is "force the owner to divest his ownership of the team" per
@EBJunkies

Wow. This is major.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator

Offline Five Banners

Bezos be a hero here with your wallet

Or one of the tribes buy it and rename them Redskins

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Foxwoods!

Offline imref

Alex Smith has been released.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator

I want BB to bring him in.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

This.Is.Genius!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

Just another QB chewed up and spit out by the WFT.

Seriously though, He's a sitting duck. He shouldn't be playing. it's not going to be pretty next time that leg gets hit.

Offline blue911

Not with these knees.

Nobody looks at cheerleaders knees

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Nobody looks at cheerleaders knees
Scottish male cheerleaders everywhere are angry.

Offline imref

Fitzmagic is coming to DC on a one-year deal.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I really hope he does a book at the end of his career on the cities he's played in and  the teams / coaches / fans / quirks. 

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
I think this is fine. Smart, not great signing.

Both sides know it is a short term deal. Doesn't preclude Washington from pouncing on a QB trade opportunity, whether it be a prospect who slips in draft or a team who unexpectedly puts their QB on the market. If we get 2020 Fitzpatrick, our offense will take a big step forward. If he comes in and reminds WFT why he has been on 9 teams, then there is no long term investment to prevent Rivera from quickly pivoting to Kyle Allen or Taylor Heinicke.

Offline imref

I think this is fine. Smart, not great signing.

Both sides know it is a short term deal. Doesn't preclude Washington from pouncing on a QB trade opportunity, whether it be a prospect who slips in draft or a team who unexpectedly puts their QB on the market. If we get 2020 Fitzpatrick, our offense will take a big step forward. If he comes in and reminds WFT why he has been on 9 teams, then there is no long term investment to prevent Rivera from quickly pivoting to Kyle Allen or Taylor Heinicke.

I assume they will draft a QB, probably not one from OSU :), and let Heinecke and Fitzpatrick compete for the starting job. That essentially means punting on next season, or hoping defense and running game can again get them into the playoffs.