Author Topic: Washington [Insert Name Here for an NFL team] Thread (2021)  (Read 9919 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Edit: I’m not following your post. He’s been good and no one advocated for drafting Herbert over him. It’s just a bad, lazy take.

Very true, there were some idiots within the Redskins fanbase who wanted Tagovailoa to be selected but after Burrow was chosen by the bengals, Young was believed by almost every "expert" to be the right pick at 2. I don't think anyone believed Herbert would be this good and certainly not this soon.

After watching Herbert play a few games last year I told people that I wish we could trade Young for Herbert (hypothetically I would've done it last November) and people looked at me like I was crazy. After Herbert had his way with our defense last week a couple of them told me that they wish they could make that trade now. The chargers would laugh before hanging up the phone.

edit: full disclosure, coming into the draft I didn't think Herbert would translate well into the NFL. I viewed him as the type of player who would need several years to become a decent QB, like Tannehill. But right now he looks way better than Tannehill and from the very start of his career