Poll

How long in 2021 will Carter Kieboom last as the Nats third baseman?

Not to the end of Spring Training.  Replaced by trade, or someone beats him out.
5 (20.8%)
He'll be replaced by the end of May.  Quick hook after flailing.
10 (41.7%)
He'll be replaced by the end of July.  Either we upgrade to contend or want to try another guy we control next year.
0 (0%)
He'll make past 7/31, but we will try to another guy as a regular at 3rd by the end of the year.
0 (0%)
He will be a regular the entire year, either at 3rd or another infield position.
9 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Baseball Experiment - Carter Kieboom at 3d base (new poll)  (Read 6672 times)

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Zim!

I have to wonder how much fairy dust was in Rizzo and Dave's eyes thinking they saw Kieboom as our starter at 3rd. Freaking ridiculous that they thought they could wish him into being our starter this year. And to not have a backup plan in place is bizarre.

Online Natsinpwc

I have to wonder how much fairy dust was in Rizzo and Dave's eyes thinking they saw Kieboom as our starter at 3rd. Freaking ridiculous that they thought they could wish him into being our starter this year. And to not have a backup plan in place is bizarre.
Castro is the plan. Harrison at 2B. 

Offline rileyn

Sending him down was really the only thing that made sense. 

Online Natsinpwc

Sending him down was really the only thing that made sense.
When a guy has been highly rated as a prospect you have to give him the chance in the spring.  He failed.  He might be one of those sure guys who misses. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Reid Brignac, Dallas McPherson, Carter Kieboom.  Not the biggest lock to bust.  He's still young.  At least the IL (or whatever they are calling the eastern AAA league)  may give a better read on his hitting than the PCL.

I'm liking the viejos 2.0 at 2d and 3d.  I'm kind of hoping they send down Garcia as well and go with Sanchez or Mercer as the backup infielder.  It means adding one to the 40 man roster, but I don't like the idea of Garcia not playing every day.

Online Natsinpwc

Reid Brignac, Dallas McPherson, Carter Kieboom.  Not the biggest lock to bust.  He's still young.  At least the IL (or whatever they are calling the eastern AAA league)  may give a better read on his hitting than the PCL.

I'm liking the viejos 2.0 at 2d and 3d.  I'm kind of hoping they send down Garcia as well and go with Sanchez or Mercer as the backup infielder.  It means adding one to the 40 man roster, but I don't like the idea of Garcia not playing every day.
Garcia was sent down.  Mercer and Perez were kept on the roster.  Not sure Sanchez' status. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Garcia was sent down.  Mercer and Perez were kept on the roster.  Not sure Sanchez' status. 
Sanchez is not on the 40 man so he's back at Rochester.  I don't think he rights to refuse assignment.  with both Perez and Mercer sticking, it means only 4 outfielders. 

Offline aspenbubba

Sanchez is not on the 40 man so he's back at Rochester.  I don't think he rights to refuse assignment.  with both Perez and Mercer sticking, it means only 4 outfielders. 
Harrison is the defacto 5th if Rizzo picks someone up .

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
So who's on third now?
Assuming everyone's healthy, they probably go with Castro

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Mercer is starting today at third. Looks like it’s going to be a committee approach

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Mercer is starting today at third. Looks like it’s going to be a committee approach
I imagine Mercer gets time at 2d and 3d as he is the backup infielder and he's been a starting SS.  Perez I think has played some OF in the past, so either you'd see Mercer covering an infield spot and Harrison in the OF in a pinch, or you'll see Perez straight up as the 5th.

Online imref

Zuck reports Castro at third and Harrison at second is the plan. Mercer and Perez off the bench.

Online imref

gotta give Kieboom props for facing the media yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/MASNNationals/videos/471525600868451/?notif_id=1616958997321939&notif_t=live_video&ref=notif

he at least said all the right things.

Offline Duke of Earl

Sound like his problem is purely mechanical.  And he's trying to fix it on his own.  Where are the batting coaches?

Online imref

Kieboom and Garcia practiced at 2nd today per Zuckerman.

Offline rileyn

Nice AB for Kieboom yesterday.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Nice AB for Kieboom yesterday.
when he got down 2 strikes, he didn't let anything close get by him and worked a nice walk.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Yea, the problem is he missed on two center cut fastballs