Author Topic: Jose CHOKED.  (Read 5687 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Jose CHOKED.
« Topic Start: July 06, 2005, 11:42:56 PM »
Guillen, that is.

Bases Loaded, we are down by a run.

a measly single will tie the game, if not put us in the lead.

Guillen comes up and in his obsession with hitting a HR in RFK, swings for the fences EVERY. SINGLE. SWING.  and he grounds out weakly to end the inning.

that was the SINGLE most important at-bat in tonight's game.  I got the feeling we were going to lose as soon as he grounded out.  I felt that we had wasted our single best chance to win the game.

Guillen's job is to drive in runs.  Guillen did not do his job today.

He either needs to start hitting better with RISP, or we need to get someone to hit behind him that can.

Tonight, for the first time, I had the feeling that we could NOT come back.  I had the feeling that a 2-run deficit was too large for our offense to handle.

I cannot WAIT for everyone to get healthy. grrrr.

and we NEED to get a RBI man, SOMEHOW and put him SOMEWHERE.  I was certain that all we needed was a Pitcher, but now I am convinced.  We need a Bat, and we need to make room for him.

gosensgo05

Jose CHOKED.
« Reply #1: July 07, 2005, 12:20:44 AM »
Hey,

Give Jose a break.  I have watched Nick Johnson ground into more double plays than I can count.  I have seen Vinny Castilla wiff more than my ceiling fan with bases jacked.  

It's fine if you want to call out Jose for tonight.  But you should realize that many other Nationals hitters have choked in clutch time.  

Jose is my boy.  Be careful.

Offline JMW IV

Jose CHOKED.
« Reply #2: July 07, 2005, 12:21:59 AM »
Quote from: "gosensgo05"
Hey,

Give Jose a break.  I have watched Nick Johnson ground into more double plays than I can count.  I have seen Vinny Castilla wiff more than my ceiling fan with bases jacked.  

It's fine if you want to call out Jose for tonight.  But you should realize that many other Nationals hitters have choked in clutch time.  

Jose is my boy.  Be careful.

I've never bashed Jose before tonight. NEVER.

but tonight, Jose was the Goat.

he needs to stop swinging for the fence every swing, and just hit the damn ball.

He needs to get one out of RFK.  after that, he'll be fine.  but until then, he's gonna be an overswinging, anxious mess during home games.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Jose CHOKED.
« Reply #3: July 07, 2005, 12:38:15 AM »
Frank stuck another hitter who hasn't hit any HR this year in the cleanup slit... WHY????

Maybe getting Preston Wilson isn't such a bad idea after all...

Offline mjteggy05

Jose CHOKED.
« Reply #4: July 07, 2005, 03:13:20 AM »
I don't disagree with acquiring Preston Wilson, or any other outfielder that can hit, but my question is this: who do you kick out of the outfield? Guillen is our leader and MVP, Wilkerson is doing a good job as lead-off man and is like second in the league in doubles, and Church when he gets back is batting .330 with a little power, plus he's a rookie and only gonna get better. I just don't see an outfielder fitting in unless we trade Wilkie (which I don't wanna do), b/c Church is gonna be special and Guillen already is.

Montcobaseball

Jose CHOKED.
« Reply #5: July 07, 2005, 07:23:53 AM »
Did anybody actually see Gulieen's thrown to home on Tuesday night?  They way it was described there was a man on third and he actually tried to throw him out from right field on a single.  In all my years of doing games I have never seen that done successfully at any level of baseball.  What was he thinking?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Jose CHOKED.
« Reply #6: July 07, 2005, 01:30:57 PM »
As good a job as everyone else is saying Wilkerson in doing in the leadoff spot, he's the first player I would trade. He has high value and could, with an added player or prospect thrown in, get the Nats either a much better OF or a solid starter. If he was traded for a starter the Nats would still do well with Guillen, Church and Byrd in the OF and if it was for an OF, Church and Byrd would be still just as good as they are now being platooned.

Offline JMW IV

Jose CHOKED.
« Reply #7: July 07, 2005, 01:33:36 PM »
Quote from: "Montcobaseball"
Did anybody actually see Gulieen's thrown to home on Tuesday night?  They way it was described there was a man on third and he actually tried to throw him out from right field on a single.  In all my years of doing games I have never seen that done successfully at any level of baseball.  What was he thinking?

I saw it, and it was worse than that.

he tried to throw him out at home, on a single, when the runner was HALFWAY DOWN THE LINE WHEN HE CAUGHT THE BALL.

the bal sailed a good 6-7 feet above everyone's head.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Jose CHOKED.
« Reply #8: July 07, 2005, 02:42:02 PM »
Is it possible for an outfielder to have too much on an arm, or have that same outfielder think his arm is that good?

Montcobaseball

Jose CHOKED.
« Reply #9: July 07, 2005, 03:37:34 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
Is it possible for an outfielder to have too much on an arm, or have that same outfielder think his arm is that good?

I'll tell you what is means if the runner was halfway down the line.  It means that something is coming unglued.  I have done games from 9 years old to high school and have never seen that.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Jose CHOKED.
« Reply #10: July 07, 2005, 03:51:21 PM »
I know, I'm not THAT stupid... At least I hope not
My point was, does Guillen think his arm so good that he actually thought he had a shot at getting the runner? Yes, Guillen has a good arm, but the only place anyone's arm can be that good is in their head.

Montcobaseball

Jose CHOKED.
« Reply #11: July 07, 2005, 04:36:57 PM »
That wasn't directed at you implying that you were dumb.  It was to make a point that even a child knows that he can't throw out a runner at home from right field on a single.  I think that something is going on in this young man's head at this point in time.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Jose CHOKED.
« Reply #12: July 07, 2005, 04:51:17 PM »
You should read my "I'm not THAT stupid" comment as though I was making a silly face and rolling my eyes... Which I was kinda doing at the time...  :wink:

Anonymous

Jose CHOKED.
« Reply #13: July 08, 2005, 03:28:44 PM »
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"
Hey,I've never bashed Jose before tonight. NEVER.

he needs to stop swinging for the fence every swing, and just hit the damn ball.

He needs to get one out of RFK.  after that, he'll be fine.  but until then, he's gonna be an overswinging, anxious mess during home games.
[/b]

John, that is not correct.  You bashed him on one of the others boards a few weeks back because he wasn't hitting homeruns at BOBK.  You also bashed him because of a bad average w/RISP.  I remember because I almost responded to you but others did before I did.
_____

Lets go Nationals!

Anonymous

Jose CHOKED.
« Reply #14: July 08, 2005, 03:31:53 PM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"

[/b]

John, that is not correct.  You bashed him on one of the others boards a few weeks back because he wasn't hitting homeruns at BOBK.  You also bashed him because of a bad average w/RISP.  I remember because I almost responded to you but others did before I did.
_____

Lets go Nationals!

Sorry that was me, bumfan4, who posted this.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Jose CHOKED.
« Reply #15: July 08, 2005, 03:54:08 PM »
tut tut tut...

<inserts CD, punches track number.... turns up the volume.....>

Listens to.... The Pointer Sisters....

We are family
I got all my (brothers and) sisters with me
We are family
Get up everybody and sing...........

Offline JMW IV

Jose CHOKED.
« Reply #16: July 08, 2005, 07:03:25 PM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"

[/b]

_____

Lets go Nationals!

oh yeah, you are right.  I forgot about that little discussion.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Jose CHOKED.
« Reply #17: July 09, 2005, 04:34:22 AM »
The amazing thing about this team is that it seems to be a different hero every game.  You can't say we have an Alex Rodriguez...or Curt Schilling.  The WHOLE TEAM is making individual contributions!  One one guy falters (i.e. Jose Guillen) another guy picks up the peices (i.e. CARLOS the RoadRunner BAERGA!)

Couldn't beleive that HAHAHA did you see him coming around 3rd?  His little feet were moving a million miles an hour but he's like a centipede...his body slowly moves along the basepath.  LOL!

Way to go Carlos...yet another clutch hit!  And a HR no less!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Jose CHOKED.
« Reply #18: July 09, 2005, 01:53:50 PM »
You can tell the guys really all get along great. Man Baerga really got ribbed when he got to the dugout and I'll bet every time he got back to the dugout after that. He finally figured the easiest way to run the bases to hit one out.

The Nats should have a contest to let a fan sit on the bench during a home game. If MLB would allow it (for the sake of good PR) they have a contest winner for every home game.

Offline ernie0326

Re: Jose CHOKED.
« Reply #19: July 11, 2005, 01:38:17 AM »
Guillen, that is.

Bases Loaded, we are down by a run.

a measly single will tie the game, if not put us in the lead.

Guillen comes up and in his obsession with hitting a HR in RFK, swings for the fences EVERY. SINGLE. SWING.  and he grounds out weakly to end the inning.

that was the SINGLE most important at-bat in tonight's game.  I got the feeling we were going to lose as soon as he grounded out.  I felt that we had wasted our single best chance to win the game.

Guillen's job is to drive in runs.  Guillen did not do his job today.

He either needs to start hitting better with RISP, or we need to get someone to hit behind him that can.

Tonight, for the first time, I had the feeling that we could NOT come back.  I had the feeling that a 2-run deficit was too large for our offense to handle.

I cannot WAIT for everyone to get healthy. grrrr.

and we NEED to get a RBI man, SOMEHOW and put him SOMEWHERE.  I was certain that all we needed was a Pitcher, but now I am convinced.  We need a Bat, and we need to make room for him.

Finished venting??  Feel better now??