Author Topic: Streaming MASN  (Read 1187 times)

Online Natsinpwc

Re: Streaming MASN
« Reply #50: April 26, 2021, 04:42:33 PM »
They gave them to the teams last year.
https://www.sporttechie.com/mlb-clubs-local-livestreaming-rights-2020-season-baseball/

I guess technically the Nats own those rights to do as they see fit.   But I'm sure Angelos would claim that the contract language in forming MASN says that the same terms should apply and that the joint venture should own those rights.

Realistically, it's the same problem as all the other teams face.   How do you sell in market streaming rights without pissing off their RSNs that are giving them all that money.  The RSNs will lose a tonne of leverage and money if games are available through another source.
Smithian’s question was about streaming from xfinity where he already paid for MASN.  I can watch the Caps and Wizards wherever I am at using my home xfinity account.  Not understanding how this costs MASN anything. In fact I would think it would encourage more sign ups.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #51: April 26, 2021, 05:48:28 PM »
They gave them to the teams last year.
https://www.sporttechie.com/mlb-clubs-local-livestreaming-rights-2020-season-baseball/

I guess technically the Nats own those rights to do as they see fit.   But I'm sure Angelos would claim that the contract language in forming MASN says that the same terms should apply and that the joint venture should own those rights.

Realistically, it's the same problem as all the other teams face.   How do you sell in market streaming rights without pissing off their RSNs that are giving them all that money.  The RSNs will lose a tonne of leverage and money if games are available through another source.

If teams have permission, I don’t see why the nats would care about posing off masnt

Offline machpost

« Reply #52: April 27, 2021, 10:29:51 AM »
MASN streaming has launched:

https://video.masnlivestream.com/live-masn/masn

Only for customers of the following:

- Atlantic Broadband
- Armstrong
- Bay Country Communications
- Lumos Networks
- DirecTV

It looks like Fios has just been added to the list.

Online imref

• Redemption
« Reply #53: April 27, 2021, 11:52:50 AM »
It looks like Fios has just been added to the list.

whoo hooo!!

Offline machpost

« Reply #54: April 28, 2021, 08:59:36 AM »
Unsurprisingly, streaming on the iOS app is a miserable experience. It seems like you have to re-authenticate with your cable provider credentials every single time you launch the app, and once you're viewing live streaming, the "<" button in the upper left of the screen that takes you back to the previous page stays on the screen constantly. And while MASN broadcasts in 1080i, streaming on a computer seems to be limited to 720p. Probably at 30fps, too.

Offline bluestreak

« Reply #55: April 28, 2021, 09:09:09 AM »
Unsurprisingly, streaming on the iOS app is a miserable experience. It seems like you have to re-authenticate with your cable provider credentials every single time you launch the app, and once you're viewing live streaming, the "<" button in the upper left of the screen that takes you back to the previous page stays on the screen constantly. And while MASN broadcasts in 1080i, streaming on a computer seems to be limited to 720p. Probably at 30fps, too.

It behaves like an iOS app from 2011. It’s the worst user experience I’ve had streaming in years.

Online imref

• Redemption
« Reply #56: April 28, 2021, 09:24:18 PM »
I tried the app today, when I logged in it says that to watch MASN I must have a tv package that includes MASN like Fios extreme HD.  I have MASN as part of my Fios package. Sigh. 

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #57: April 28, 2021, 09:40:46 PM »
Smooth sailing here with MLB.TV. Thanks to everyone that helped, especially hoo.

Offline machpost

« Reply #58: April 29, 2021, 03:34:39 PM »
I did notice that if you stream MASN through Mobile Safari on an iPhone, you can airplay to an Apple TV. Works pretty well.

Offline Hogie

« Reply #59: April 30, 2021, 02:30:03 AM »
I tried the app today, when I logged in it says that to watch MASN I must have a tv package that includes MASN like Fios extreme HD.  I have MASN as part of my Fios package. Sigh. 

Judging from some twitter interactions, it seems you have to subscribe to a package that allows you to watch away from your TV as well, ie on your phone's FIOS app. I can't use the app either because of that I guess.

Online imref

• Redemption
« Reply #60: April 30, 2021, 04:44:49 AM »

Judging from some twitter interactions, it seems you have to subscribe to a package that allows you to watch away from your TV as well, ie on your phone's FIOS app. I can't use the app either because of that I guess.

Thanks.

Offline Hogie

« Reply #61: May 04, 2021, 07:31:16 PM »
It's working for me on Fios for the first time now. Try it again.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #62: May 04, 2021, 09:29:56 PM »
Any word if they’ll add more providers? Hoping Xfinity gets added.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #63: May 04, 2021, 09:35:05 PM »
Any word if they’ll add more providers? Hoping Xfinity gets added.
Well you don't want to add the major providers that charge those large regional sports fees. 

Online imref

• Redemption
« Reply #64: May 04, 2021, 10:04:57 PM »
It's working for me on Fios for the first time now. Try it again.

It works here too, thanks!