Author Topic: The Weather - 2021  (Read 4283 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: The Weather - 2021
« Reply #25: January 30, 2021, 11:14:38 PM »
DT at wxrisk's nightly rant on FB.  Like everyone else, he's saying Monday is just a guess at this point, but he notes:

The good news is that the short-range models are beginning to show the heavy snow in Pennsylvania and New Jersey on Monday and Monday evening  and moderate snow rotating back into DC Northern Virginia and perhaps as far south as Fredericksburg and Richmond and the northern portions of the Shenandoah Valley Monday afternoon and evening. I don't know if this wrap around snow will be 1 inch  or 3 or just snow showers.

I continue to be very concerned about heavy snow greater than a foot in the Washington DC and Baltimore Metro areas.  The high   resolution n short-range and very good Canadian model known as the RGEM  as well as other models continue to show 12  to  to as  much as 30 inches of snow in South Central   AND Southeastern Pennsylvania  as well as much of New Jersey  AND   into North Central Maryland very close to Washington and Baltimore.   It is  quite possible that Hagerstown  and  Frederick as well as Columbia Sykesville and housing could end up with 8 inches or more of snow when compared to Baltimore or Washington DC.   

With that much snow … being  that close to these important Metro areas I am very nervous about any forecasts which has snow amounts under 10 in.   It would not take much of an adjustment to drop 18 or 24 inches of snow  area into these Metro regions as well as Martinsburg Leesburg and Winchester.