Author Topic: Schwarber, the Cream of LF options!  (Read 1514 times)

Online DCFan

• What are you dense?
Re: Schwarber, the Cream of LF options!
« Reply #75: January 12, 2021, 03:39:41 PM »
yes, which didn't please Davey.

When he stands next to Schwarber he'll look like a little kid. :mg:

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #76: January 12, 2021, 08:28:13 PM »
When he stands next to Schwarber he'll look like a little kid. :mg:

A fast freaking gold glove candiate little kid. I mean, assuming he gives up on the home run champ bulk body.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #77: January 16, 2021, 12:27:53 PM »
Per Cot's, our CBT charge is $10MM for 2021.  With his option for 2022 worth $11.5MM, with the $3MM buyout charged to 2021, I guess the hit next year is $8.5MM, or somehow at the end of this year, if we pick up his option, maybe we get credit against 2021 (maybe $9.25MM each year?). On a mutual option, does he get to keep the $3MM if we choose to exercise our half and he declines?

Online aspenbubba

« Reply #79: January 30, 2021, 06:53:04 AM »
I’m going on record that we  overpaid for Schwarber and I would have preferred Pedersen at 7 M or Rosario at 8 M

Online Five Banners

« Reply #80: January 30, 2021, 11:38:00 AM »
I’m going on record that we  overpaid for Schwarber and I would have preferred Pedersen at 7 M or Rosario at 8 M

Well sure, few would prefer the most expensive option of comparable players, especially when one experienced the greatest dip in production in the last season.  The amount of overpay doesn’t seem to be the deciding factor on long term flexibility, and it wasn’t known with the beginning of the free agent period how many were going to end up with one year deals.  The guy coming here has a relationship with the manager, and Rizzo wanted to act quickly.  If it doesn’t work, it’s set up to limit long-term consequences. It is what it is.