Author Topic: Food and How You Cook/Eat It (2021)  (Read 6243 times)

Offline 1995hoo

Re: Food and How You Cook/Eat It (2021)
« Reply #100: May 10, 2021, 06:28:18 PM »
that looks good.

I got carried away a bit for Mother's Day. Instead of going out I decided to cook for the family.  I picked up a 4-pack of filet minions from BJs, dry aged them for a few days in the fridge, and cooked them in a cast iron pan in butter for 4 minutes a side before putting them in the oven for about 7 minutes. I served them with a peppercorn-cream-brandy-rosemary sauce.

For side dishes I just baked a few potatoes and roasted some Brussel sprouts that I first marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

And as a special treat I made Robert Irvine's smoked pork belly Mac and cheese (https://chefirvine.com/recipes/smoked-pork-belly-mac-cheese-as-seen-on-restaurant-impossible). While it was fantastic, I didn't think it through - the recipe calls for two pounds of elbow macaroni, we only had four of us, so I've got enough Mac and Cheese left over to feed our neighbors. 

We originally planned filet mignon until my mom mentioned that she had gotten a veal chop from the same butcher a few weeks ago and liked it but was nervous cooking it because she’d never done it before—something like that would have been something my father would have cooked. So I asked if they had any and he brought out a big rack of veal and cut three chops for me on the spot. I knew she would not have had the recipe I posted above.