Author Topic: Food and How You Cook/Eat It (2021)  (Read 1930 times)

Offline 1995hoo

Re: Food and How You Cook/Eat It (2021)
« Reply #100: April 19, 2021, 12:51:15 PM »
What is this called. It reminds me of what I use for Chicken tikka masala except it uses Aleppo pepper instead of Garam masala and turmeric. I love Aleppo pepper though and want to give this a try.

The MS Word file in which I have the recipe saved says "Yogurt-marinated chicken kebabs with Aleppo pepper."

A Google search for that phrase and "Steven Raichlen" reveals it came from the July 2009 issue of Bon Appetit magazine: https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/yogurt-marinated-chicken-kebabs-with-aleppo-pepper-353832

If you live anywhere near Alexandria, the Mediterranean market on Telegraph has great Aleppo pepper (and pretty much another middle eastern, North African or greek spice you'd want) for not very much

Where on Telegraph is that? The only Mediterranean market I know of is the one on Pickett Street in the shopping center where Home Depot and the Wigyul auto shop are, and I've never gotten around to looking for Aleppo pepper there. The ethnic grocery store I can picture on Telegraph is the Bestway Latin-American market just south of the Beltway.