Author Topic: Washington Wizards 2020-21 Season  (Read 6808 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: Washington Wizards 2020-21 Season
« Reply #50: January 01, 2021, 02:49:53 PM »
It's weird.  I look at the roster, and it looks like at least a middling team.  I think most projections had them as a playoff team in the 6-8 range, maybe just short of that.  Does getting Rui back help the rotation by sliding guys into different roles, or does it just complicate the rotation and break up the flow for the other forwards? Bertans shooting % is way off, his fouls per 36 minutes is up, but he's getting to the line at a lot higher rate.  Are they using him differently now that they have more depth?
Having Rui back helped them on offense at least.  No more Jerome Robinson and no more four guard lineups.  Brooks still seems to love the three guard lineups.  He will be fired soon.  They really have no athletic big guys which kills them on defense.  Bertans has jus been abysmal.  Looks like a very bad signing. 

Longer term Rui and Deni both look like good players.  I would trade Beal for what they can get now.  Great offensively but them he shrinks at crunch time.  And little defense.  I think Deni is their best defensive player as a rookie which is really really sad. 

They should win a game this year.