Author Topic: 2021 Minor League Season  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: 2021 Minor League Season
« Topic Start: December 02, 2020, 03:54:07 PM »
Both stadiums are of the early 90s variety. I haven’t been in the Wilmington stadium, which appears to be downtownish (I normally like going to my league stadiums within a day drive, but their Baltimore-riffic crime numbers as disincentivized night games, and 95 is such a zoo on the weekends). I’ve seen it from an Amtrak jaunt (passes close enough that you can partially see inside the stadium) and it looks fine; looks like it’s right off of 95. This article mentions recent upgrades:

https://www.wdel.com/news/report-blue-rocks-unaffected-by-proposed-minor-league-shakeup/article_f84b08d4-0b2e-11ea-b9e5-6f8e378eb56e.html

Frederick’s is like most of those of that era with the open sightlines from the concourse, and it’s very near 270 and 70. Good atmosphere, I remember decent attendance when I’ve been there. (They shake keys during rallies.) i’m a little surprised that Bowie — which came along around the same time — hasn’t surfaced in any of the discussions.
Have driven past the Wilmington stadium but never been in it. It’s close to 95. I assume one could make it in and out without being robbed.