Author Topic: putting threads on delay for streamers  (Read 702 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
putting threads on delay for streamers
« Topic Start: October 14, 2020, 10:52:40 AM »
Do these forums offer any way for a user to put a thread on a 2 minute time delay for the growing number of us streamers?   I would have been way more involved in game threads if I knew I wasn't going to spoil the biggest moment in the game to look at the takes of something that happened right before it.   

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: putting threads on delay for streamers
« Reply #1: October 14, 2020, 12:56:16 PM »
I don't know how you'd do that.  I know that I'm on FiOS and I always seem to be about 10-20 seconds behind others in the GDTs.

Online nfotiu

Re: putting threads on delay for streamers
« Reply #2: October 15, 2020, 10:49:29 PM »
I don't know how you'd do that.  I know that I'm on FiOS and I always seem to be about 10-20 seconds behind others in the GDTs.

Programming it would be rather simple.   Just don't display any posts until they are a 60 seconds old or whatever the user chooses.   It would be up the forum software developers to see enough need to implement it.  As a side benefit, you could also put it on a 3 hour delay when watching a recorded game.  Although if you started replying to posts at that point, it would get a little weird!  Posting on a 60 second buffer delay wouldn't be much of an issue though.