Author Topic: 2020-21 Offseason  (Read 62789 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: 2020-21 Offseason
« Reply #1000: January 13, 2021, 07:09:09 PM »
Well if your one job is to make sure the team doesn't go above a tax line and they do, you didn't really do your job now did you?

Also, I like Zuck's reporting about the actual games and his interviewing skills with the players. Everyone else is clamoring to break when a FA signs or when a trade is impending, but outside of that I think those folks's writing skills stink. I feel Mark would say he is a beat writer and not so much a beat reporter. It's fine to disagree on this, but I like his interaction with fans and actual feedback with players (especially in the minors as I've asked him some stuff about minor league players before and he always had some info that others did not) and I could care less if he "breaks" a story.

That all being said, I did read his latest article and my first response was summed up on r/Nationals. No S4!T Sherlock. Doesn't matter how much the offense gets fixed if the pitching, specifically the three highly paid starters, play poorly. I honestly think Scherzer will bounce back. Stras will probably be decent and also miss at least 3 starts. Corbin is a wildcard to me, not sure why he got hit around so much, but with such a weak defense behind him, he can't afford to give up hits.
I think he is just victim of the Lerners and Rizzo running a very tight ship as far as rumors go.