Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 2  (Read 9263 times)

Offline Dave in Fairfax

Nationals vs Braves, Game 2
« Topic Start: September 11, 2020, 05:38:52 PM »
at

Game Time: 6:05 p.m. EDT
Weather: Mostly cloudy, about 77° at game time, 5-10% chance of precipitation

Atlanta Braves

Josh Tomlin (R) - 2-2 3.77 ERA

1. Ronald Acuña Jr. (R) CF
2. Freddie Freeman (L) 1B
3. Marcell Ozuna (R) DH
4. Travis d'Arnaud (R) C
5. Dansby Swanson (R) SS
6. Austin Riley (R) 3B
7. Adam Duvall (R) LF
8. Nick Markakis (L) RF
9. Ozzie Albies (S) 2B

Washington Nationals

Erick Fedde (R) - 1-3 5.29 ERA

1. Adam Eaton (L) RF
2. Trea Turner (R) SS
3. Juan Soto (L) DH
4. Eric Thames (L) 1B
5. Brock Holt (L) LF
6. Yan Gomes (R) C
7. Luis Garcia (L) 2B
8. Carter Kieboom (R) 3B
9. Victor Robles (R) CF

Yet another jumbling of the line-up.

The previous game's hero was, unfortunately, Freddie Freeman, but from the Nats I will go with Adam Eaton, who went 2-5 with a HR, 2 RBI and 2 runs scored, breaking the team's homerless streak. Honorable mentions to Soto and Turner.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Re: Nationals vs Braves, Game 2
« Reply #1: September 11, 2020, 05:39:39 PM »
Dave, we missed you yesterday. :mg:

Offline Dave in Fairfax

« Reply #2: September 11, 2020, 05:51:01 PM »
Thanks!

Maybe this thread is not the place, and if so mods please remove, but September 11 is one of those days where it is routinely asked "where were you, when...?".

My "where were you": I was on a train in the Meadowlands approaching Hoboken when passengers started pointing to the smoke coming from the World Trade Center. I arrived in my office in Midtown shortly after the second plane hit. After making sure my then-girlfriend was safe, I left the office and joined a number of other military personnel stuck in the city who joined with the NYPD and FDNY in the search and rescue effort, neglecting to mention I was no longer actually in the Army. After several days, and after the search and rescue effort became a search and recovery, I returned to work and so-called "normal" life, although I continued to return to Ground Zero on weekends to help out where I could.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #3: September 11, 2020, 05:53:37 PM »
:clap:

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #4: September 11, 2020, 06:05:34 PM »
Thanks!

Maybe this thread is not the place, and if so mods please remove, but September 11 is one of those days where it is routinely asked "where were you, when...?".

My "where were you": I was on a train in the Meadowlands approaching Hoboken when passengers started pointing to the smoke coming from the World Trade Center. I arrived in my office in Midtown shortly after the second plane hit. After making sure my then-girlfriend was safe, I left the office and joined a number of other military personnel stuck in the city who joined with the NYPD and FDNY in the search and rescue effort, neglecting to mention I was no longer actually in the Army. After several days, and after the search and rescue effort became a search and recovery, I returned to work and so-called "normal" life, although I continued to return to Ground Zero on weekends to help out where I could.

AllBuildingsMatter

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #5: September 11, 2020, 06:09:51 PM »
Didn’t we see this start yesterday?

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #6: September 11, 2020, 06:11:41 PM »
Eaton should’ve had that.

Offline nattily attired

« Reply #7: September 11, 2020, 06:13:00 PM »
Gotta be the sixth or seventh time this year we've lost an out due to our 5-8 RF.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #8: September 11, 2020, 06:14:49 PM »
Thank you for your service, and for going above and beyond.

Thanks!

Offline Slateman

« Reply #9: September 11, 2020, 06:16:19 PM »
Gotta be the sixth or seventh time this year we've lost an out due to our 5-8 RF.
Dont think you'll find too many players willing to throw themselves into a wall to try and catch a line drive.

Offline Dave in Fairfax

« Reply #10: September 11, 2020, 06:19:58 PM »
A bit of a struggle, but at least through the top of first with no damage.

And a thumbs up from and for Adam Eaton!

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #11: September 11, 2020, 06:26:45 PM »
Is this live or is it Memorex?

Offline NatNasty

« Reply #12: September 11, 2020, 06:27:50 PM »
Thanks!

Good man :clap:

Offline Slateman

« Reply #13: September 11, 2020, 06:44:27 PM »
Game. Didnt score enough

Offline GataNats

« Reply #14: September 11, 2020, 06:45:02 PM »
Awful call

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #15: September 11, 2020, 06:45:36 PM »
I don’t know what Bob is squawking about. That strike 3 to Kieboom was money.

Offline hohoho

« Reply #16: September 11, 2020, 06:52:14 PM »
Thanks!

Good for you!

Offline hohoho

« Reply #17: September 11, 2020, 06:53:25 PM »
AllBuildingsMatter
Inappropriate on so many levels.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #18: September 11, 2020, 06:56:05 PM »
I don’t know what Bob is squawking about. That strike 3 to Kieboom was money.
We get it. You root for Kieboom to be a bust.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #19: September 11, 2020, 06:57:53 PM »
How the freak you gonna be up 0-2 and walk the dude?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #20: September 11, 2020, 07:00:02 PM »
Nice pitch for strike three.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #21: September 11, 2020, 07:00:34 PM »
Fedde

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #22: September 11, 2020, 07:01:49 PM »
Thanks!

Thank you Dave.  Did you take the PATH into the city that day?

Offline Slateman

« Reply #23: September 11, 2020, 07:04:16 PM »
Nice pitch for strike three.
Like two batters too late

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #24: September 11, 2020, 07:05:07 PM »
We get it. You root for Kieboom to be a bust.

I hope he’s a hall of famer but this ump has been dead on accurate with his calling tonight.