Author Topic: We are currently the 4th worst team in all of baseball.  (Read 5373 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
5th now

Offline hotshot

5th now
Yep, but only 2.5 out of the rock-bottom cellar.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
A really crappy Nats team is kind of a charming throwback to better days past.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Losing the Max Start is a good outcome.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
A really crappy Nats team is kind of a charming throwback to better days past.
Kurt Suzuki's smile is worth 4 wins

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Kurt Suzuki's smile is worth 4 wins
then make him stop smiling.  Put a mask on or something. :whip:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Pirates win. Red Sox win. I love a pennant race.

Online Slateman

Pirates win. Red Sox win. I love a pennant race.
We're not catching either team. The best case scenario is the third pick, a full college season, Jayden Hill shows a freak ton of improvement, and the Red Sox stupidly pass on Leiter.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Still think this season shouldn't have been played at all.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I prefer stratomatic simulations and CGI.  Stras doesn't get hurt that way, Zim can play instead of Thames, Doo throws 94, . . .

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

I enjoyed it. But I don't think it should have been taken seriously. Do a round robin 3/5 for an "MLB Championship" at the end of the season. The Word Series bit is a stretch.

Offline Natsinpwc

I enjoyed it. But I don't think it should have been taken seriously. Do a round robin 3/5 for an "MLB Championship" at the end of the season. The Word Series bit is a stretch.
Well obviously the Nats did not take it seriously.

Online Slateman

Seems pretty obvious they didnt take the offseason seriously either

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

I don't know.  The roster looked decent on paper heading into the year.  We all knew Kieboom was a question mark but we had Cabrera as insurance.  Castro going down hurt though Garcia has done well as his replacement.  Thames has been useless.  Howie has been hurt.  Eaton has been awful.  Robles has regressed.  The starting rotation has been awful and we lost both Strasburg and Ross.  And the bullpen has been far worse than anyone thought heading into the season.

We just had one of those years I guess.  At least we won it all last year. :) :babyshark:

Offline imref

we avoided elimination last night, still have to win out and have a bunch of other teams lose out to have a shot.  Just need to go 7-0 today.

Offline Natsinpwc

we avoided elimination last night, still have to win out and have a bunch of other teams lose out to have a shot.  Just need to go 7-0 today.
:hysterical:

Offline Elvir Ovcina

I don't know.  The roster looked decent on paper heading into the year.  We all knew Kieboom was a question mark but we had Cabrera as insurance.  Castro going down hurt though Garcia has done well as his replacement.  Thames has been useless.  Howie has been hurt.  Eaton has been awful.  Robles has regressed.  The starting rotation has been awful and we lost both Strasburg and Ross.  And the bullpen has been far worse than anyone thought heading into the season.

We just had one of those years I guess.  At least we won it all last year. :) :babyshark:

Getting little offense from 3B, 1B and RF (and add DH for this season too) is going to doom most lineups, especially when the starting rotation splats a 5.50+ ERA turd from the upper deck. 

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1308400763815821315?s=21

Some news in 20 Questions: The 2021 draft order is highly likely to be based on a team's 2020 record, a source familiar with MLB's thinking told ESPN:

es.pn/3iSThVL

If the season ended today, top 5 would be:

1) Pittsburgh
2) Texas
3) Boston
4) Arizona
5) Washington

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net

That's the part that irks me most.  Whatever big market team wins this farce of a season will get all the press and hoopla next season, and the Nats will be utterly forgotten.

Offline UMDNats

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1308400763815821315?s=21

Getting a top-5 pick in this fake season makes the season a clear curly dub for me.

Offline DPMOmaha

That's the part that irks me most.  Whatever big market team wins this farce of a season will get all the press and hoopla next season, and the Nats will be utterly forgotten.
I expect the Nats to treat next season as their real defense season, even if the rest of the game scoffs. They're gonna hold another celebration so the fans can have their day, too. It's going to be be over the top. Most of us will enjoy the heck out of it. I think they'll be aggressive in the offseason to try and load up for another run next year.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I expect the Nats to treat next season as their real defense season, even if the rest of the game scoffs. They're gonna hold another celebration so the fans can have their day, too. It's going to be be over the top. Most of us will enjoy the heck out of it. I think they'll be aggressive in the offseason to try and load up for another run next year.
the only thing is, they can celebrate for the fans and do all sorts of appreciation, but the team on the field is not going to look like the WS winners.  Rendon, Parra, Sanchez, Eaton, Dozier, Suzuki, Doolittle, Cabby all are gone or have expired contracts.  It's Soto, Robles, Turner, maybe RZ, and Gomes, plus Stras, Scherzer, Corbin, and Hudson among the core.

Offline DPMOmaha

the only thing is, they can celebrate for the fans and do all sorts of appreciation, but the team on the field is not going to look like the WS winners.  Rendon, Parra, Sanchez, Eaton, Dozier, Suzuki, Doolittle, Cabby all are gone or have expired contracts.  It's Soto, Robles, Turner, maybe RZ, and Gomes, plus Stras, Scherzer, Corbin, and Hudson among the core.
It'll look different, that's unfortunate, maybe even unfair. They didn't get a true title defense. I think they'll treat next year as that chance. Some other team will too.

Offline slhubic

now they start winning, when it long hasn't mattered, and when the draft order seems like it's going to be reflective of this (lost) season...

Offline imref

are we eliminated yet?