Author Topic: Jersey Customization  (Read 1476 times)

Offline olegkvasha

• John
Jersey Customization
« Topic Start: July 24, 2020, 11:25:10 AM »
Good morning. New guy to the board, hello.

Someone asked this same question in a thread last November, but because that thread is dormant, I figured I'd start a new one.

Does anyone know of a shop that does jersey customization? I have some older jerseys (a 2006-08 road gray and 2009-10 home white) I want to get customized and have been looking for someone in the area that does that level of jersey customization. The person, Count Walewski, said that there were several in Chicago that offered the service, which isn't surprising. There's a shop in Whitestone, NY that's the official stitcher of the Islanders, Mets, and Knicks, and they've done great work on several Islanders and Bridgeport Sound Tigers jerseys for me.

Ebay has been great for older blank jerseys and sleeve patches, but the customization kits I've found are either the small obvious retail kind or for the newer model jerseys.

Anyone else looking for or know of such a shop/service?

Offline olegkvasha

• John
Re: Jersey Customization
« Reply #1: September 27, 2020, 09:33:49 PM »
Finally got some updates, from the team store and parts of the internet.

Team Store
They only carry replica style heat-press letters and numbers in the current year fonts. There's also an issue between the Nike and Majestic fabrics that make customizing older (pre-2017) Majestic jerseys difficult, on top of slight variations in lettering. They cannot do any sewing jobs, typography or patches. This is the first time the store staff have been asked these questions, apparently, but I got someone who took the time to get answers.

Pro Cut Lettering
http://www.procutlettering.com/
A group of people who do the work I'm looking for. Can do almost any font/numeral in baseball...except the beveled gold style the team wore until 2011. Still, they can handle most any other request and reasonable and low costs, a bout $25 for a full back and front set. The catch is this, everything comes in pieces and assembly required on the purchaser's end.

Exclusive Pro
https://exclusivepro.com/products/69/mlb_washington_nationals/
A business in Chicago that does all sorts of on-field grade customizations. They can do the beveled gold font/numerals, jobs are $70 plus ~$20 return shipping. From talking with them it sounds like they can handle any and all eras of Nats typography.

I hope this helps, as it looks like many of you were interested in this. Will post any updates as I discover them or use the above services.

Offline machpost

« Reply #2: September 28, 2020, 01:53:52 PM »
Finally got some updates, from the team store and parts of the internet.

Team Store
They only carry replica style heat-press letters and numbers in the current year fonts. There's also an issue between the Nike and Majestic fabrics that make customizing older (pre-2017) Majestic jerseys difficult, on top of slight variations in lettering. They cannot do any sewing jobs, typography or patches. This is the first time the store staff have been asked these questions, apparently, but I got someone who took the time to get answers.

Pro Cut Lettering
http://www.procutlettering.com/
A group of people who do the work I'm looking for. Can do almost any font/numeral in baseball...except the beveled gold style the team wore until 2011. Still, they can handle most any other request and reasonable and low costs, a bout $25 for a full back and front set. The catch is this, everything comes in pieces and assembly required on the purchaser's end.

Exclusive Pro
https://exclusivepro.com/products/69/mlb_washington_nationals/
A business in Chicago that does all sorts of on-field grade customizations. They can do the beveled gold font/numerals, jobs are $70 plus ~$20 return shipping. From talking with them it sounds like they can handle any and all eras of Nats typography.

I hope this helps, as it looks like many of you were interested in this. Will post any updates as I discover them or use the above services.

Thanks for the information. I have an authentic 2007 Nats alternate jersey (red with DC logo) that I've been wanting to get a name and numbers put on for years. It sounds like Exclusive Pro could get the job done.

Offline olegkvasha

• John
« Reply #3: October 02, 2020, 05:29:17 PM »
Thanks for the information. I have an authentic 2007 Nats alternate jersey (red with DC logo) that I've been wanting to get a name and numbers put on for years. It sounds like Exclusive Pro could get the job done.

Got a quote back from Exclusive Pro in Chicago. It's $85 for 2006 road and 2010 home typographies (which are from the same set), and $65 for the 2018 typography. Basically, the prices change at the move away from the beveled gold execution. Looks like you're in for $85 plus upwards of $30 for return shipping.

This is just one shop that I've found and I'll keep looking. Not like these things are time sensitive.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #4: November 17, 2020, 09:31:41 AM »
Look into River City Sports in Winnipeg (http://www.rivercitysports.com/US/ ). I don't know how they are for MLB stuff, but I got my authentic Caps sweater from them and they did a first-rate job with the name and the numbers, no heat-pressing or the like. They do have a reputation for being slightly slow—it took over a month to receive my order—but it was worth the wait. I don't know whether they can customize an older jersey, but it can't hurt to contact them to ask.

Offline olegkvasha

• John
« Reply #5: November 17, 2020, 12:52:09 PM »
Thanks for this jog down memory lane. I forgot about RCS, too, because I've only dealt with them for hockey jerseys. The authentics I've purchased from them were fantastic.

Their site only shows a small amount of stock Nats merch, including red and white curly W cool base jerseys. There's no Nats Clearance section, but there is an Expos keychain.

They have reduced their phone hours and are taking questions through customerservice@rivercitysports.com, which they are quick with their responses.

They can only do the 2011 typography, which is becoming a understandable theme, for $60 with $12 return shipping. Didn't ask about exchange rate.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #6: November 17, 2020, 12:57:35 PM »
[...]They can only do the 2011 typography, which is becoming a understandable theme, for $60 with $12 return shipping. Didn't ask about exchange rate.

The current 'official' exchange rate is Cdn$1 = 76.3 US cents.

Offline olegkvasha

• John
« Reply #7: January 23, 2021, 03:39:33 PM »
Got a quote back from Exclusive Pro in Chicago. It's $85 for 2006 road and 2010 home typographies (which are from the same set), and $65 for the 2018 typography. Basically, the prices change at the move away from the beveled gold execution. Looks like you're in for $85 plus upwards of $30 for return shipping.

This is just one shop that I've found and I'll keep looking. Not like these things are time sensitive.

Sent my jerseys to Exclusive Pro yesterday. Confirmed they can do the three fonts in question, yes they can. Prices remain the same as above. The order form on the site is quite simple and straightforward.

Though they can handle the font style and material, was told its always helpful to include pictures of the intended product, so I did. Though their staff can execute, they're not going to know the ins and outs of the Nats' font evolution, so visual aide helps. More than fair.

Was told they'll be ready in 8-10 weeks due to the start of hockey season (from the Blackhawks down to beer and mite leagues) on top of their regular work load. Fine by me, where am I going in the near or far future? Again, fair timeframe.

We'll see how this goes.

Offline olegkvasha

• John
« Reply #8: January 23, 2021, 04:09:08 PM »
Look into River City Sports in Winnipeg (http://www.rivercitysports.com/US/ ). I don't know how they are for MLB stuff, but I got my authentic Caps sweater from them and they did a first-rate job with the name and the numbers, no heat-pressing or the like. They do have a reputation for being slightly slow—it took over a month to receive my order—but it was worth the wait. I don't know whether they can customize an older jersey, but it can't hurt to contact them to ask.

RCS is fighting to avoid bankruptcy, https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/wfpcbc-winnipeg-free-press-river-city-bankruptcy-1.5856457

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #9: January 23, 2021, 04:16:00 PM »
Sent my jerseys to Exclusive Pro yesterday. Confirmed they can do the three fonts in question, yes they can. Prices remain the same as above. The order form on the site is quite simple and straightforward.

Though they can handle the font style and material, was told its always helpful to include pictures of the intended product, so I did. Though their staff can execute, they're not going to know the ins and outs of the Nats' font evolution, so visual aide helps. More than fair.

Was told they'll be ready in 8-10 weeks due to the start of hockey season (from the Blackhawks down to beer and mite leagues) on top of their regular work load. Fine by me, where am I going in the near or far future? Again, fair timeframe.

We'll see how this goes.

Good luck!

My son has had EPS customize several hockey jerseys. It does take them a very long time to do the work (we've been waiting on some Capitals customizations since November) and they are horrible about providing updates, but they have been reliable and do good work.

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #10: January 27, 2021, 05:55:55 PM »
Lester’s jersey apparently is going to be number 34; let the repurposing continue

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #11: January 27, 2021, 06:25:24 PM »
Lester’s jersey apparently is going to be number 34; let the repurposing continue

At least for those who didn't totally mutilate that jersey.

Online imref

« Reply #12: January 27, 2021, 07:11:49 PM »

they really should have given it to Ryne Harper.

Offline olegkvasha

• John
« Reply #13: January 28, 2021, 01:13:47 PM »

Excited to see the electrical tape jobs on the heat-pressed jerseys

Offline olegkvasha

• John
« Reply #14: January 28, 2021, 01:24:15 PM »
Good luck!

My son has had EPS customize several hockey jerseys. It does take them a very long time to do the work (we've been waiting on some Capitals customizations since November) and they are horrible about providing updates, but they have been reliable and do good work.

Thanks. I got the same "we'll get it done when we get it done, just don't hound us" vibe from them when discussing what they can handle, which is fine.

Did you send with the jerseys photographic evidence of the type of customization you wanted? A little late to ask this since I know they're already at the shop, but still curious. Also, did they contact you about initial receipt/customization idiosyncrasies prior to the work?

Offline olegkvasha

• John
« Reply #15: January 28, 2021, 01:26:47 PM »
For those who will be acquiring a new Lester (or Bell, or Schwarber, etc) jersey and want to remove the swoosh:

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseballunis/comments/ipvld2/i_removed_the_nike_mark_from_a_baseball_jersey/

Online imref

« Reply #16: January 28, 2021, 01:30:06 PM »
Thanks. I got the same "we'll get it done when we get it done, just don't hound us" vibe from them when discussing what they can handle, which is fine.

Did you send with the jerseys photographic evidence of the type of customization you wanted? A little late to ask this since I know they're already at the shop, but still curious. Also, did they contact you about initial receipt/customization idiosyncrasies prior to the work?

He did send detailed info, they had been recommended to him via a hockey jersey reddit forum so he went directly to them, there has been no contact since November on our last order.

Offline machpost

« Reply #17: January 31, 2021, 09:56:19 AM »
It looks like the 2021 jerseys will be the same as the 2020 versions, which were essentially the previous Majestic jerseys with a Nike swoosh on them.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #18: February 02, 2021, 06:01:17 PM »
Anyone with experience using this place for their jersey purchases?

https://www.jerseysofficialonline.com/nike-mlb-jerseys-c-263.html?page=1

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #19: February 02, 2021, 08:59:02 PM »
It looks like the 2021 jerseys will be the same as the 2020 versions, which were essentially the previous Majestic jerseys with a Nike swoosh on them.

Swoosh made all the difference.

Online imref

« Reply #20: February 24, 2021, 02:46:19 PM »
my son ordered me a Ryan Zimmerman blue authentic Nats jersey from Fanatics a few days ago. Today the package arrived. Inside it was a University of Kentucky toddler onesie.

I'm not sure of the meaning of this.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #21: February 24, 2021, 04:06:15 PM »

First time I ever pissed on $300.00, like literally urinated on it.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #22: February 24, 2021, 07:28:34 PM »

First time I ever pissed on $300.00, like literally urinated on it.
I think the Nats played the Red Sox in an exhibition the year after Papelbon signed with the Phillies.  I brought my Boston Pap tee shirt to the red loft, put it on the floor, and invited everyone to wipe their shoes as a moment of unity

Offline USF_Football

« Reply #23: March 06, 2021, 02:59:16 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions. Going to get one stenciled with "Trump" on the back and the #24. It'll be perfect for Opening Day.

Online imref

« Reply #24: March 19, 2021, 02:37:53 PM »
my son just got the jersey back today that he sent to EPS for customization in November. Fortunately they didn't charge him until they did the work last week.