Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Cole Henry, RHP  (Read 7570 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Follow the Prospects: Cole Henry, RHP
« Reply #50: April 30, 2022, 01:41:48 PM »
I mean, even then, he has a huge road ahead of him. I honestly dont see a reason to let him go more than 4 innings for a while, given his fragility. He's two years from being drafted out of Division I baseball and he's pitching extended relief at Double A. Thats fine, but like, that is still light years away from being an ace or a stud or even a top tier prospect.
I agree with your first point.  I think they want to see him pitch every 5th day, multiple innings, and build arm strength this year.  140 innings would be just fine, along with a whole season (30 starts).  I'd be very, very happy with that. I really don't care about AA, AAA, or MLB for a bit.  While you question the fragility, the stuff is what has been playing well so far. Oh, and for the record, he's not pitching relief in the minors.  4 appearances, 4 starts.  They're short starts, though.  just 13 innings. Extreme BABIP luck, too (,120).
https://www.fangraphs.com/players/jeffrey-henry/sa3014446/stats?position=P

FWIW, he has 3 pitches that grade out at 60 per FG. No wonder he dominates when he's out there.