Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Cole Henry, RHP  (Read 7568 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Follow the Prospects: Cole Henry, RHP
« Reply #50: April 30, 2022, 01:03:57 PM »
you have this routine until end of July.  If he doesn't miss a start and goes every 5th day, he should get in 16 more starts this season by then. 

It looks like they have an innings limit on him.  I think they want him to stay healthy and pitch a whole season.  It may mean he doesn't go 6 innings until the second half of the year.  30 starts, 140 innings would be enough.  The only other thing that might happen is, if he makes it through July, you might see a call up and him being used regularly as a 2-3 inning guy.  At that point, I wouldn't be adverse to him starting out as an opener were Rizzo and Davey to accept the concept.
I mean, even then, he has a huge road ahead of him. I honestly dont see a reason to let him go more than 4 innings for a while, given his fragility. He's two years from being drafted out of Division I baseball and he's pitching extended relief at Double A. Thats fine, but like, that is still light years away from being an ace or a stud or even a top tier prospect.