Author Topic: Let us know you are OK (or not) if you haven't posted in a while  (Read 23396 times)

:rofl:

I'll keep that in mind. My clients are the best I've ever had. My only complaint is they sorta lay around the office all the time while I work.

Offline Natsinpwc

:rofl:

I'll keep that in mind. My clients are the best I've ever had. My only complaint is they sorta lay around the office all the time while I work.
They’re dying to see you?

They’re dying to see you?

Indeed. Not the most "lively" bunch, but no complaints yet.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Great to hear from you! I followed you on Facebook for awhile, then deleted it. Nothing to do with you  :hysterical:

I'm glad everything is going well.

**Dusting off the cobwebs**

Well, I am still alive and kicking (though my clients might not be, more on that in a bit). It has been a while but life finally caught up to me and kicked my a**. Went through some really dark and terrible personal times where sports just didn't feel as important and in fact I look back now and see I might have had an unhealthy relationship/obsession with them, I don't know, they just weren't making me happy and they just weren't the positive escape for me that they once were. Sad too because I really didn't get to enjoy the 2019 World Series victory.

But I did get my head back on straight and I am doing a lot better. Last October I got a job in the Autopsy Department of a hospital and it has been a very rewarding experience for me and for the first time in my life I can honestly say I look forward to going to work everyday. The job does take up a lot of my time and energies so I don't know if this will be a return to me posting regularly, but I've started to fall back in love with baseball again slowly and I was recently gifted a Ryan Zimmerman autographed poster and it just reminded me of my brief blogging stint with the Nats and it reminded me of this forum.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net

Good to see you, glad you got the rough patch turned around.  If you're ever feeling down, just remember you're still one of the all-time top 10 topic starters on WNFF :lmao: :thumbs:

But seriously, great to hear from you :)

Good to see you, glad you got the rough patch turned around.  If you're ever feeling down, just remember you're still one of the all-time top 10 topic starters on WNFF :lmao: :thumbs:

But seriously, great to hear from you :)

Thanks. I'm slowly trying to rediscover my love of the game and this team so I thought why not pop in for a pint and some banter. I know I disappeared for a long time but I didn't think it was that long. Wow. Like I said I don't know how often I'll post, but I will certainly be lurking around.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
 :spit: NOLD this is by far the most amazing career change story since Maximus Decimus Meridius.  Glad you're doing well. 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
etc

:shock:

Great to hear from you old friend.  Been a while since we met up in RFK for a brew.   :cheers:   So very good to hear from you and that things are going well.  Hope to see more NOTLD!

Offline wj73

Back after surviving a near-fatal bout of sepsis in December/January. I did a longer post in Uncensored, but to make a long story short, I’m glad to be back. Finally starting to feel better and am ready for some baseball.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Back after surviving a near-fatal bout of sepsis in December/January. I did a longer post in Uncensored, but to make a long story short, I’m glad to be back. Finally starting to feel better and am ready for some baseball.
:thumbs:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
enjoy the ballgame and watch out for bears.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Sepsis kills a heck of a lot of people and yet few really know much about it.   Not sure healthcare really has a handle on it either.  But really glad you made it through to the other side, welcome back!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Had a chat with Saltydad, he's continuing to have some significant health challenges but seemed to be in good spirits, and is celebrating his fairly recent grandfatherhood - a boy and a girl.    :clap:

Offline wj73

Sepsis kills a heck of a lot of people and yet few really know much about it.   Not sure healthcare really has a handle on it either.  But really glad you made it through to the other side, welcome back!

I was fortunate that the hospital ER I went to had developed an AI tool that interfaced with patient electronic records, combing through the records to flag possible sepsis cases. Within an hour of my admission, the tool flagged my record as possible sepsis. This prompted a review of my case by a specialized sepsis alert medical team. This team then coordinated with ER staff to ensure further tests to confirm sepsis and begin immediate treatment. I’m not sure how common such sepsis Critical Alert Teams are in other hospitals, but I was glad this hospital had the program.

Offline Dixon Ward

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

omgosh I'd no idea what you went through!! So very happy to see you came through it!!!

Offline wj73

omgosh I'd no idea what you went through!! So very happy to see you came through it!!!

Thank you! It was an . . . interesting experience, to say the least.

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...

It was an . . . interesting experience, to say the least.

Gosh!  I echo Skippy's sentiments - glad you hear you're on the mend. You'll soon be back on form, and ready to visit the unmissable.... ;)

Offline Slumpbuster

I haven’t checked in for years but am still a Die Hard. Funny, I often get a kick logging onto our opponents message boards just to see what they are saying about us…….I don’t troll, just listen in.
Anyone else do the same?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I haven’t checked in for years but am still a Die Hard. Funny, I often get a kick logging onto our opponents message boards just to see what they are saying about us…….I don’t troll, just listen in.
Anyone else do the same?

glad to see you. I enjoy visits from members who go way back. 

I only look at SoSH occasionally, and they don't bother to talk too much trash about a nonrival. I think some folks checked out the Giants fans for reactions. GDTs sometimes have out of town posts. I think powerboater does this.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Hey guys!  Chillin in the AC!  Anyone going to Wednesdays Game? 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Hey guys!  Chillin in the AC!  Anyone going to Wednesdays Game? 
yes. May try to go early enough to get a shirt. Can meet if you would like

Offline Senatorswin

I know it's been a long time since I've seen anything from him but whatever happened to that guy Mitlen?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I know it's been a long time since I've seen anything from him but whatever happened to that guy Mitlen?
some folks keep up with him. He stopped posting in March 2020 but made it through the worst of covid ok.

I take credit for having a bad exchange with him in the covid thread in uncensored right when he stopped posting. I think I got him mad enough to stop posting.  Reminds me of the old "some mistakes you never stop paying for" on my part

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
some folks keep up with him. He stopped posting in March 2020 but made it through the worst of covid ok.

I take credit for having a bad exchange with him in the covid thread in uncensored right when he stopped posting. I think I got him mad enough to stop posting.  Reminds me of the old "some mistakes you never stop paying for" on my part
Sorry to hear. Hopefully he'll come back at some point, one of my favorite posters.