Author Topic: Let us know you are OK (or not) if you haven't posted in a while  (Read 22502 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Thank you so much, JCA and PWC, for your kind thoughts - much appreciated.

Welcome back!  Covid sucks.

Offline imref

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Oy.  Glad everyone is on the mend.
And we're back...(stop that groaning...)  It's been eventful times, here at Natsie Towers. First of all, poor old Meows contracted kitty laryngitis. He was gulping severely (because of his sore throat) and had a very gravelly 'meow,' which made him sound like a kitty Louis Armstrong. Fortunately, a couple of shots at the vets, and a few days of rest, soon had him back to his normal self. Then Mrs Natsie contracted COVID, leaving her feeling pretty rough - and then passed it on to me. I know some fortunate individuals are asymptomatic, but not me. It's been a long time since I've felt so ill - eventually I was hospitalized. It's still lingering on, but has just about gone. Then the local utility company damaged some equipment, during some works, and so we've had no connectivity for three days...

Hopefully, that's the lot!  (I've been catching up on what's been going on - 'Nationals lose again', so no change there... ;) )

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
And we're back...(stop that groaning...)  It's been eventful times, here at Natsie Towers. First of all, poor old Meows contracted kitty laryngitis. He was gulping severely (because of his sore throat) and had a very gravelly 'meow,' which made him sound like a kitty Louis Armstrong. Fortunately, a couple of shots at the vets, and a few days of rest, soon had him back to his normal self. Then Mrs Natsie contracted COVID, leaving her feeling pretty rough - and then passed it on to me. I know some fortunate individuals are asymptomatic, but not me. It's been a long time since I've felt so ill - eventually I was hospitalized. It's still lingering on, but has just about gone. Then the local utility company damaged some equipment, during some works, and so we've had no connectivity for three days...

Hopefully, that's the lot!  (I've been catching up on what's been going on - 'Nationals lose again', so no change there... ;) )
Yikes, so sorry for my flip comment about queing up to pay respects to the Queen! Glad you and the misses (and meowser) are feeling better.

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
Many thanks imref, Ali and Skippy.   :D

Offline 1995hoo

Has anyone heard anything from OldChelsea? He used to be such a prolific poster but hasn't posted since February. I see he hasn't posted on the Bumper Boards since last November (although I seldom visit there these days either despite still having Caps season tickets). I know he was disgruntled with the Nats about the mobile ticketing system.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Shoot. COVID wasn't so bad for me, although it was no picnic. I'm glad you are better.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Has anyone heard anything from OldChelsea? He used to be such a prolific poster but hasn't posted since February. I see he hasn't posted on the Bumper Boards since last November (although I seldom visit there these days either despite still having Caps season tickets). I know he was disgruntled with the Nats about the mobile ticketing system.
last logged on in March.  Did not do the "old chelsea" posts for wins this year.  no word as to a trip, like he'd usually post before he went to Latvia, etc...  Not even a "I'm through with you guys" flounce before he went silent.  I honestly hope the dude is over in Ukraine running supply missions, but I fear that isn't the case.

Pm'd OC a day or two ago.  No response.  :( has not been on since March.

Offline 1995hoo

last logged on in March.  Did not do the "old chelsea" posts for wins this year.  no word as to a trip, like he'd usually post before he went to Latvia, etc...  Not even a "I'm through with you guys" flounce before he went silent.  I honestly hope the dude is over in Ukraine running supply missions, but I fear that isn't the case.

He did mention three trips to Europe for this past spring, and since he's said he doesn't have a smartphone, it's not a surprise that he wouldn't have responded back then. But his continued silence is what prompted my mild concern. I know where he used to work, and I have a former law school classmate who also works there, but because I don't know what OC's last name is I have no way of asking her if she knows anything.

I've practically given up caring as it is. I've got three trips to Europe booked (and re-booked through the pandemic) for late March, April and early May. Finding alternatives is not difficult...during the 1981 strike I rediscovered my interest in classical music and opera. If baseball does come back and the voices of Charlie and Dave, along with the crack of the bat, are once more heard in the land, then I'll be back...but in the meantime I'll be all right.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
no recall as to his name, either.  Just that he looked sort of like an older Neil Young.  I don't see a PM where he gave his name.

Offline Natsinpwc

no recall as to his name, either.  Just that he looked sort of like an older Neil Young.  I don't see a PM where he gave his name.
Maybe you could check in with the Nats as I believe some of you knew his seat location at the Park?  Sunday ticket holder who dropped out a couple years ago after the electronic ticket policy.  Maybe your ticket rep could help.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
TBSITH was in 312 or 313 Row B if I'm not mistaken? 

Offline 1995hoo

312-A-1, IIRC.

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
Shoot. COVID wasn't so bad for me, although it was no picnic. I'm glad you are better.

Many thanks Gburg.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
312-A-1, IIRC.
yes.  I don't think the Nats could properly give that out.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Pretty sure I recall OC saying he had health issues but don't most of us?    :shrug:

Offline 1995hoo

Pretty sure I recall OC saying he had health issues but don't most of us?    :shrug:

I recalled that too and it’s part of what prompted me to ask about him.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
I come and go - but I'm always checking in.  Hope everyone had a nice holiday season!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I come and go - but I'm always checking in.  Hope everyone had a nice holiday season!
I want you to know I minimize my use of fossil fuels because I don't want to disrespect any of your dino relatives. 

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Hello Every-bod-eee.
CALSGR8 and one of my favorite Muppets, Grover! 

Sorry couldn’t resist!

Looks like we may have Charlie Browns team this year

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Hello Every-bod-eee.
CALSGR8 and one of my favorite Muppets, Grover! 

Sorry couldn’t resist!

Looks like we may have Charlie Browns team this year
wonderful to hear from you.  The place is still chugging along.  Less lively than before the pandemic, but still some decent back and forth.  Fewer folks testing what is tolerated, too, so a bit less antagonism. Lost a few members due to lack of interest, feuds, and sadly other causes.  There's occasional sightings, too, which is nice.  I saw Sportsfan was on but didn't post a week or two ago.

**Dusting off the cobwebs**

Well, I am still alive and kicking (though my clients might not be, more on that in a bit). It has been a while but life finally caught up to me and kicked my a**. Went through some really dark and terrible personal times where sports just didn't feel as important and in fact I look back now and see I might have had an unhealthy relationship/obsession with them, I don't know, they just weren't making me happy and they just weren't the positive escape for me that they once were. Sad too because I really didn't get to enjoy the 2019 World Series victory.

But I did get my head back on straight and I am doing a lot better. Last October I got a job in the Autopsy Department of a hospital and it has been a very rewarding experience for me and for the first time in my life I can honestly say I look forward to going to work everyday. The job does take up a lot of my time and energies so I don't know if this will be a return to me posting regularly, but I've started to fall back in love with baseball again slowly and I was recently gifted a Ryan Zimmerman autographed poster and it just reminded me of my brief blogging stint with the Nats and it reminded me of this forum.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
NoLD - so glad to hear from you and that you are overcoming a tougher time. For me, the COVID thing, as well as the declining busy-ness of this board in general, made me think of the many people over the years we would bounce comments off of and have back and forth. I always preferred people got tired or moved on from being here than something worse. To hear that you are getting to a point where you can find more happiness is good news. Be well!

Offline imref

welcome back nold. Thanks for checking in. Perfect username for your day job. :)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
 ;) NOLD, if any of your clients say ouch; you may have to change your screen name