Author Topic: Let us know you are OK (or not) if you haven't posted in a while  (Read 23217 times)

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Today is Skippy's birthday

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
On the bright side, Saturday I ran into the beer vendor with the pony tail who worked at OPACY and Nats Park.  He has moved to North Carolina with his wife, retired pretty much.  He's been caring for his wife mostly, but she was well enough that she encouraged him to come back up to get a morale boost from doing what  he's done for a long time.  Lots of people have spotted him and wished him well.  Seemed very happy to be back for a few games.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Spinman posted a message on Facebook indicating he has some serious health issues caused by "Alpha 1" disease, a genetic ailment.  He and his wife are retiring and moving to Franklin TN at the end of the year but the health issues are threatening to say the least.   Praying for you ol' Spin!   

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Spinman posted a message on Facebook indicating he has some serious health issues caused by "Alpha 1" disease, a genetic ailment.  He and his wife are retiring and moving to Franklin TN at the end of the year but the health issues are threatening to say the least.   Praying for you ol' Spin!   
:(

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Spinman's a great guy and brought a neat perspective with the Bally connection. Wishing him well.

I have been thinking about a bunch of old members. Do you remember the guy who switched from an Astros fan to a Nats fan when they switched leagues? Hated Crain. I wonder who he is rooting for?

Offline MonsterUSMC

• GO NATS! GO TAR HEELS!!!
Greetings fellow Nats fans. 
I a good..haven't posted in a spelll.  I retired from the Marine Corps and started a new career with Homeland Security.  I am working out to DC and Baltimroe, so I didn't have to move.  I can stay in Nationals territory and catch al the games...even if I will have to record a few.
I actually made it our to 4 Nats games since I posted last and probably 15-20 Fred Nats games. 
Prayers for Spinman.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Someone asked offline - Saltydad is still alive and kicking.  He's pretty active on Facebook even up through today. 

:thumbs:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Saw this and thought of Nathan.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/02/ukraine-dogecoin-other-cryptocurrencies-accepted-for-donations.html
On Wednesday, Mykhailo Fedorov, vice prime minister of Ukraine, said people can send dogecoin as a donation. Dogecoin is a cryptocurrency which originally started off as a joke and has been talked up by Tesla founder Elon Musk.

It is often dubbed a “memecoin,” referring to popular internet jokes.

“Now even meme can support our army and save lives from Russian invaders,” Fedorov tweeted.

What crypto!

Very doge.

Happy money!

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
Not sure anyone is looking for me, but I'm OK, still alive and living in Florida, still the SPH who has the second best seats in the house. Wondering when we can get back to some baseball.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Not sure anyone is looking for me, but I'm OK, still alive and living in Florida, still the SPH who has the second best seats in the house. Wondering when we can get back to some baseball.

great to hear from you.  You still make it up for the regular season when there is one?  OC is giving up TBSinTH, which means you have our prime property.

Online Natsinpwc

Good to hear from you.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Hi guys!  I’m doing ok.  Have a bit of a bad back.  Other than that I’m ok!  Still working downtown! 

Online Natsinpwc

Hi guys!  I’m doing ok.  Have a bit of a bad back.  Other than that I’m ok!  Still working downtown!
WORK. Yikes.

Offline wj73

Good to hear from you!!

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I'm doing well now. Work and my personal life have cleared up and now my work will have a sign behind home plate as we are the official ice cream of the Washington Nationals.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I'm doing well now. Work and my personal life have cleared up and now my work will have a sign behind home plate as we are the official ice cream of the Washington Nationals.
Will the ice cream have a stand at the park?  this could become a habit.

Great to see you are doing well. 

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Will the ice cream have a stand at the park?  this could become a habit.

Great to see you are doing well. 
Yes sir. We already have one at FedEx field. South Mountain Creamery. The Snallygaster is my favorite

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Offline Dave in Fairfax

Good to hear!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
nice to "see" you.

Offline Mattionals

I've been posting, but I figured this was as good a place to post this news. Some of you many know, my wife and I experienced a miscarriage last summer. It floored us both, and really made me hit rock bottom bringing on a heavy bought with depression and anxiety. Thanks to finally getting medication to help me out back in December, I'm feeling great, plus we have fantastic news. My wife is pregnant with our Son and she is due in early September, so Son Mattionals could share a birthday with his big sister!

My wife happens to suffer from Hyperemesis Gravidarum, which is a fancy latin way of saying pregnancy nearly kills her. I'm not exaggerating on that either. She literally was only gettin 400 calories a day and 5 oz of liquid while getting quite ill. She found an OBGYN who knows the condition and was able to help at week 8, and now at week 20, she is starting to really come around. Lots of bed rest, hardcore medication twice a day, and even more bedrest, but now we can breathe and live a bit more comfortably. All three Mattionals are very excited for our new (and final human) addition to the family at the end of summer!

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
thanks for the update Mattionals, best wishes that all works out well for you and your wife, and your family, this summer!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
3 good pieces of "turn the corner" news there, Mattionals. hoping you have many blessings of health and happiness.

Offline DPMOmaha

Good to hear, Mattionals! That sounds like a really hard road. I'll pray and hope things continue to go well for you and your family.

My wife and I are expecting our first this summer. What a wild ride pregnancy is...

Offline UMDNats

I've been posting, but I figured this was as good a place to post this news. Some of you many know, my wife and I experienced a miscarriage last summer. It floored us both, and really made me hit rock bottom bringing on a heavy bought with depression and anxiety. Thanks to finally getting medication to help me out back in December, I'm feeling great, plus we have fantastic news. My wife is pregnant with our Son and she is due in early September, so Son Mattionals could share a birthday with his big sister!

My wife happens to suffer from Hyperemesis Gravidarum, which is a fancy latin way of saying pregnancy nearly kills her. I'm not exaggerating on that either. She literally was only gettin 400 calories a day and 5 oz of liquid while getting quite ill. She found an OBGYN who knows the condition and was able to help at week 8, and now at week 20, she is starting to really come around. Lots of bed rest, hardcore medication twice a day, and even more bedrest, but now we can breathe and live a bit more comfortably. All three Mattionals are very excited for our new (and final human) addition to the family at the end of summer!

outstanding news