Author Topic: Let us know you are OK (or not) if you haven't posted in a while  (Read 22304 times)

Online Natsinpwc

I’m doing quite well actually. Not much to report.
And always a colorful font!

Offline blue911

I’m doing quite well actually. Not much to report.

How’s my minifig doing?

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
How’s my minifig doing?
He’s somewhere in a box in my garage.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
He’s somewhere in a box in my garage.
as long as he's not up on a roof.  That's my spot.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Wait, sf came back?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Wait, sf came back?

Someone lured him back with a nice white zinf?

Offline stealyerbase

• YUMMY! Good for you too!
Hey Now WNFFers,
We're alive and surviving on the banks of the Potomac. Missing Baseball and all of you too!
Did I mention that the Nats won the World Series last year?
 :koolaid:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Hey Now WNFFers,
We're alive and surviving on the banks of the Potomac. Missing Baseball and all of you too!
Did I mention that the Nats won the World Series last year?
 :koolaid:
awesome to hear from you!  I'd say that beats the Dead, but you might take it the wrong way. 

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Alive and well!

Just bought my first house about a month ago so I've been super busy with that!

Hope all are well and healthy!

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Good to see you linty!  Good luck with the house.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
as long as he's not up on a roof.  That's my spot.
You don't want to hear about anyone being on the roof.

Reference to a joke that I might as well tell to explain. There are a few variations and sometimes the characters are named sometimes not. I chose to add names and adjust some of the time details using days instead of weeks.

Bob goes on vacation for a few weeks, while he is away he has his brother Ray watch his house along with taking care of the pets and their ailing grandmother whom Bob has been taking care of. After a few days of summer fun Bob calls Ray to see how things are going. During the conversation Bob asks how the cat is doing.

After a little hesitation Ray announces that "Fluffy is dead".
Bob gets angry and starts yelling: "What do you mean Fluffy is dead? How can you be so mean to tell me that so matter of  fact like? You shouldn't have broken the news to me like that! You should have done it slowly. You should have told me she was on the roof and we can't get her down. Then when I call in a few more days, you should say that you tried to get her off the roof, but she fell down and died,"

Ray apologizes and they continue the conversation.

A few days later Bob calls to check up on things. He then asks "So how is Grammy?

There is a short bit of silence, then Ray replies "...well Grammy is up on the roof."

Offline Nats Diamond

Alive and kicking. 

Offline PatsNats28

Extremely irregular on the forums, but still alive (and reading MASN / the WP Nats section every day!)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Extremely irregular on the forums, but still alive (and reading MASN / the WP Nats section every day!)
figured you might be BucsNats12 by now.  Thanks for checking in.  Likewise, Nats Diamond.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
You know, even without considering all of the bickering over the CoCo, my interest in baseball has really dwindled down to nothing. Like, the Nats won the Series. The Strasburg Prophecy was fulfilled and many of the guys whose careers I followed closely back years ago when I was very active here and watched a lot of baseball got rings; guys like Zimmerman, Rendon, Scherzer, Parra, Howie, Suzuki, etc. To me, I guess the fight really is finished. I think I mentioned this back when it happened, but the Series win was like the culmination of my decade as a Nats fan and it brought back many great memories of time spent here... but it also had a lot of finality to it. Like the ultimate goal was reached and... that’s it. Baseball itself is now done in my mind. Mission accomplished. As such, I can’t bring myself to really truly care anymore.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
It's good your fulfilled and on to other things.  Moving on by choice is far better than some of the alternatives nowadays. Your always welcome, and if you want your latest MDSism, there's always "Politics."

Offline NatsAllThe Way

We are all well over here in Halifax.  We've had little to no cases (in Nova Scotia) over the last week or so, so that's encouraging.  We are working from home with both kids here with us, and it's been a challenge...  but we are healthy and summer is here so those are the main things :-)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
We are all well over here in Halifax.  We've had little to no cases (in Nova Scotia) over the last week or so, so that's encouraging.  We are working from home with both kids here with us, and it's been a challenge...  but we are healthy and summer is here so those are the main things :-)

When do you expect the first snow...Father's Day?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
You know, even without considering all of the bickering over the CoCo, my interest in baseball has really dwindled down to nothing. Like, the Nats won the Series. The Strasburg Prophecy was fulfilled and many of the guys whose careers I followed closely back years ago when I was very active here and watched a lot of baseball got rings; guys like Zimmerman, Rendon, Scherzer, Parra, Howie, Suzuki, etc. To me, I guess the fight really is finished. I think I mentioned this back when it happened, but the Series win was like the culmination of my decade as a Nats fan and it brought back many great memories of time spent here... but it also had a lot of finality to it. Like the ultimate goal was reached and... that’s it. Baseball itself is now done in my mind. Mission accomplished. As such, I can’t bring myself to really truly care anymore.

Right in the feels  :(

I get it though.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

When do you expect the first snow...Father's Day?

Father's Day blizzard is a likely scenario
:-)

Offline PatsNats28

figured you might be BucsNats12 by now.  Thanks for checking in.  Likewise, Nats Diamond.

Absolutely not! I just want him to go 7-9 in Tampa, retire, and then we pretend that this never happened

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Absolutely not! I just want him to go 7-9 in Tampa, retire, and then we pretend that this never happened
so you've become a diplomat with age.  nice.

Offline Scrapple

Only the good die young so I’ll probably be around for awhile yet.  :lol:

I said waaay before COVID-19 hit that I might have to skip the 2020 season due to exhaustion brought on by somehow thinking my mental grinding and coaxing actually helped this team to victories and a Championship in 2019.   :hysterical:
I’m still exhausted but COVID-19 is not what I had in mind by taking the year off.  :(

Hope everyone is well and staying safe so we can all come back recharged in 2021 to defend our Championship “together” as they are saying these days.

“Still” Defending Champions BABY!!! Let’s go Naaaaaaaaats!!!

🍾🍾🍾🍾🏆🍾🍾🍾🍾

💪🏻😎👍🏻 ⚾️🌭🥧

Online Natsinpwc

Only the good die young so I’ll probably be around for awhile yet.  :lol:

I said waaay before COVID-19 hit that I might have to skip the 2020 season due to exhaustion brought on by somehow thinking my mental grinding and coaxing actually helped this team to victories and a Championship in 2019.   :hysterical:
I’m still exhausted but COVID-19 is not what I had in mind by taking the year off.  :(

Hope everyone is well and staying safe so we can all come back recharged in 2021 to defend our Championship “together” as they are saying these days.

“Still” Defending Champions BABY!!! Let’s go Naaaaaaaaats!!!

🍾🍾🍾🍾🏆🍾🍾🍾🍾

💪🏻😎👍🏻 ⚾️🌭🥧
Welcome back.  You’ve had enough rest and only need to get us through a short season and then you will have the winter to rest again. We clearly need you.

Offline Scrapple

Welcome back.  You’ve had enough rest and only need to get us through a short season and then you will have the winter to rest again. We clearly need you.
LOLROTFPIMP!!!

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: