Author Topic: Let us know you are OK (or not) if you haven't posted in a while  (Read 22501 times)

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
as long as he's not up on a roof.  That's my spot.
You don't want to hear about anyone being on the roof.

Reference to a joke that I might as well tell to explain. There are a few variations and sometimes the characters are named sometimes not. I chose to add names and adjust some of the time details using days instead of weeks.

Bob goes on vacation for a few weeks, while he is away he has his brother Ray watch his house along with taking care of the pets and their ailing grandmother whom Bob has been taking care of. After a few days of summer fun Bob calls Ray to see how things are going. During the conversation Bob asks how the cat is doing.

After a little hesitation Ray announces that "Fluffy is dead".
Bob gets angry and starts yelling: "What do you mean Fluffy is dead? How can you be so mean to tell me that so matter of  fact like? You shouldn't have broken the news to me like that! You should have done it slowly. You should have told me she was on the roof and we can't get her down. Then when I call in a few more days, you should say that you tried to get her off the roof, but she fell down and died,"

Ray apologizes and they continue the conversation.

A few days later Bob calls to check up on things. He then asks "So how is Grammy?

There is a short bit of silence, then Ray replies "...well Grammy is up on the roof."