Author Topic: Let us know you are OK (or not) if you haven't posted in a while  (Read 30380 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Hi guys!

Despite High blood pressure and some back and leg pain; I’m doing ok! 
Still a season ticket holder!  22 games tho!

Also 5 game Caps Season ticket holder!  Go CAPS!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
always great to "see" you, although even nicer to see you. I hope you truly are doing OK with the pain. Tough given the officework life style unless things are perfect ergonomically.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
Happy New Year for those who are still "chillin' " on the boards here. I will admit that during the off season I rarely check out the forum. The other Washington Sports teams still disappoint in the winter months when there is NO Baseball.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Happy New Year for those who are still "chillin' " on the boards here. I will admit that during the off season I rarely check out the forum. The other Washington Sports teams still disappoint in the winter months when there is NO Baseball.

nice to "see" you here, Captain. Wish there were some concrete Nats news to discuss, but I hope you are doing the off-season posting exercises so you can hit the board starting in April. Memorizing emojis, how to operate quotes in replies, links, and taking notes for youtubes to post during key events (pitching changes, homers, double plays, Ks, steals, etc...) can get you into fine form.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Hey all, hope everyone had a nice holiday.  I don't have much to say but I'm still around :cheers:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Hey all, hope everyone had a nice holiday.  I don't have much to say but I'm still around :cheers:
that's pretty remarkable considering the whole asteroid-impact and the ice age thing.

Offline AltIPAs

Mrs. Mathguy here! I'm doing well and appreciate your kind posts on Brian's memorial thread. Since my last visit, moved to Virginia Beach to be closer to family. Making the trip to spring training for the first time since 2003 and came here looking for hotel/motel recommendations in West Palm Beach and Port St. Lucie. It does not appear you can stay near the ballpark in West Palm, so was considering the Best Western near the Outlets since we'll have to drive there anyway. Also planning a day trip to Miami on the Brightline train. Hope to run into a few of you at the ballparks in West Palm, Jupiter, and Port St. Lucie March 6-8.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Nice to have you stop bye, AltIPAs. I had a couple at CCSP in yours and Brian's honor. Hope some folks here can help you with the hotels.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Hey AltIPAs, nice to hear from you.  Some of these folks go to ST every year, someone will have some intel. 

Offline machpost

Mrs. Mathguy here! I'm doing well and appreciate your kind posts on Brian's memorial thread. Since my last visit, moved to Virginia Beach to be closer to family. Making the trip to spring training for the first time since 2003 and came here looking for hotel/motel recommendations in West Palm Beach and Port St. Lucie. It does not appear you can stay near the ballpark in West Palm, so was considering the Best Western near the Outlets since we'll have to drive there anyway. Also planning a day trip to Miami on the Brightline train. Hope to run into a few of you at the ballparks in West Palm, Jupiter, and Port St. Lucie March 6-8.
My wife and I go down pretty much every year for a few games, usually around the end of February to beat the spring break rush. There is actually a good cluster of hotels about 1.5 miles from the ballpark. One of them is owned by the Astros, presumably they put some staff and players up there. We stayed at one of those area hotels for a single night years ago and I don't remember anything about it that stood out, good or bad. For a while we were staying at the Hilton out on Singer Island, about 8 miles from the ballpark, just to be on the beach. Hotel was expensive and clearly past its prime. Looks like it hasn't changed much. Everything out that way is major $$$. That beach is fantastic, though. These days we stay at the Disney resort at Vero Beach using Disney Vacation Club points. It's about 90 miles north of West Palm. The Mets' ballpark in Port St. Lucie is about half that distance from the resort though.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Mrs. Mathguy here!

Great to hear from you again 2AltIPAs!

Offline AltIPAs

Hi to everyone and thanks for the the intel, machpost. Decided to go the Airbnb route after seeing that the Hilton Garden Inn near the ballpark cost almost $500 per night. Found a condo in the the PGA Golf Village for the Port Lucie leg and an apartment near Lake Worth Beach (a lagoon, really) about 20 minutes southeast of the Nats' facility. If you are not focused on staying near the beach, there are plenty of golf condos that people are trying to rent. Just be sure to check the cancellation policies--some are more rigid than others.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
The other mystery disappearance was PC, who stopped posting in mid-2016. We know Mitlen stopped shortly after a bad exchange with me, as did Spider. Mitlen keeps in contact with others on the board, so he's doing fine as far as we know. A few other disappeared members post in other fora, like HoustonNat, who has Chico Harlan's dream job of being a food critic in Dallas.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Has anyone heard from MDS?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
He's logged in recently but not posted in a while.

Offline GburgNatsFan

He's logged in recently but not posted in a while.
Thanks.

Offline The Chief

MDS is fine, we communicate pretty regularly.  Probably should move queries about other posters to a diff thread though.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
MDS is fine, we communicate pretty regularly.  Probably should move queries about other posters to a diff thread though.
Chief / All - I'm not sure that these posts belong here. Maybe in the Clubhouse "let us know if you are OK" thread?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Chief / All - I'm not sure that these posts belong here. Maybe in the Clubhouse "let us know if you are OK" thread?

I think you're right...this subforum should be more akin to our version of the Yankees Monument Park...

Offline The Chief

I think you're right...this subforum should be more akin to our version of the Yankees Monument Park...

Yeah, let's not clutter up this section.  Go ahead and move it.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

Currently sitting in my hotel room at the Four Seasons in Georgetown hoping I get run over by a carjacked Nissan Sentra tomorrow morning.  If anyone’s interested (and I don’t get my wish of dying under a Nissan Rogue) we could meet up on Wednesday night. 

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Glad to hear you are doing ok. Four seasons hotel > four seasons landscaping

Offline GburgNatsFan

Glad to hear you're doing okay. At least I think that's what you're saying?

Currently sitting in my hotel room at the Four Seasons in Georgetown hoping I get run over by a carjacked Nissan Sentra tomorrow morning.  If anyone’s interested (and I don’t get my wish of dying under a Nissan Rogue) we could meet up on Wednesday night.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Good to see you. I'm feeling almost generous enough to give you 3 unmoderated posts, but I still haven't entered dementia stage.

:lmao:

Oh, tell the carjacker I'm looking for a hybrid if he's trying to fence it.

Offline Natsinpwc

I gave up hookers and blow for lent so can’t make it.