Author Topic: Let us know you are OK (or not) if you haven't posted in a while  (Read 22285 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Very glad to see that you came thru that OK, Bubba...quite the ordeal...stay safe and well.  Is the move to Scottsdale still in the offing?

I'm here, well, and lurking from time to time...

Too bad that post-WS we don't have sports to focus on instead of this pandemic, and the human and economic tragedy that it has wrought...we certainly earned an extended celebration.  It's also too bad that we no longer seem to have a forum that is dedicated to baseball and other sports rather than to politics, as it seemingly pervades the more active threads.

I miss AtBC, though I see he did make one random post a month or so ago, so I assume he's OK.  I spoke to mitlen a few weeks ago...he is/was fine...and I miss him here too.  Aside from his great sense of humor, he is a very bright and reasoned person, and one that I consider a good friend.  Spider will show up eventually...hopefully.  He's like a bad penny...and I mean that in a good way... 

I wish every one of you and your families all the very best...and consider many of you my friends as well.  Thanks to the several of you that have reached out to me personally via PM to check up on me over the past month or so.  I was blessed to meet up with DC Patty, Mr. & Mrs. bluestreak, and Mr. and Mrs. NatsAllThe Way at the last ballgame in WPB...March 13th vs the Yankees.  It was sad for things to come to that abrupt ending.  I miss all y'all.  I guess that's likely why l continue to lurk...it's hard to forget friends.  I hope to see everyone at the Park again someday soon...primarily because I think that you all owe me a beer...

That was a good day, and apparently the last major sporting event in North America. Glad you're doing well.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Tim Cullen is doing okay in Arlington (at least I am fine but I'm not sure about the real Tim Cullen).
I went down to Nats Park on an early Saturday morning and did a lap. A few things I noticed:
-A large 2-sided video screen on the building at Half St and N across from the Centerfield Gate. Mostly it contained advertising but it did show current Metro train times.
-Lots of signage on lamp posts around the park.  The steps at the First Base gate have a lot of them leading up to the gate. 
-Half Street construction had slowed but it appears that they are building some kind of promenade down the center of it.  If this is the case the street vendors that have lined the street from the Metro stop to the CF gate may be gone.
-If you are looking for Curly W Pale All from Devil's Backbone you can find 12-packs at the Harris Teeter on 4th St SE.

Half Street was an absolute mess when I was there a few months ago for a Defenders game at Audi.  I can't wait to see how it looks when they are done with it.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
VaRK - good to hear from you.  I don't disagree.  This is a sports forum, but it is tough now to get any sports discussion going.  At least on this thread, we can all tip our caps to each other and acknowledge we are thinking of each other.   

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Only if it's a good beer

I hope to see everyone at the Park again someday soon...primarily because I think that you all owe me a beer...

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
I've had a few discussions with DCFan, for he retired last year and planned on moving down here to NC, near Wilmington.  But he says his plans to sell his house in Fairfax have been put off as this pandemic took over everybody's life.

Where is DC fan.

Offline Natsinpwc

Good to hear from everyone. Yes these are strange times indeed. We will muddle through and come out the other side better for all we have been through. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Speaking of strange times, I still would like ExposFan87 to give us an update on him, his wife, and the wash sink at Tim Horton's. 

even if he's a Mets fan trolling us.  It's one of those rare times when the whole country pulls for New York. Last time, Mariano Rivera blew a save against the D-backs, something a true Mets fan probably enjoyed

Offline aspenbubba

Thank you all for your good wishes for a speedy recovery. I received the results from the antibodies test today and I will be able to donate plasma .

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Thank you all for your good wishes for a speedy recovery. I received the results from the antibodies test today and I will be able to donate plasma .

This is great news, Bubba...hang in there...  ;)

Offline Natsinpwc

Most Excellent. 

Offline imref

great news.  I know of two people so far who rapidly recovered after receiving antibodies, one was in a coma for about 3 weeks.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
This reminds me of the members we miss thread. 

I miss sizzlin'...between Spider, and him, and that fire at Nats Park that one night, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my entire life as I did in that one Game Day Thread...

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Knorr spotting!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
bump so passers by see this.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator

Offline Greg_SRT

• Fun while it lasted
I’m sure everyone is just waiting for the season to start. Watching 2019 highlights until it does.

Offline vicki4471

Hi everyone.
Just checking in . I am fine, family is fine. Luckily our business (appliance repair) was deemed essential so we have been able to earn a living during this mess. JUst waiting for the season... but honestly after seeing the proposed new social distancing guidelines I am fine waiting until next year for a real season and not this watered down nonsense they are proposing. No hugs, fistbumps or high fives? No spitting or eating sunflower seeds... Thats not baseball

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Hi everyone.
Just checking in . I am fine, family is fine. Luckily our business (appliance repair) was deemed essential so we have been able to earn a living during this mess. JUst waiting for the season... but honestly after seeing the proposed new social distancing guidelines I am fine waiting until next year for a real season and not this watered down nonsense they are proposing. No hugs, fistbumps or high fives? No spitting or eating sunflower seeds... Thats not baseball
glad you are doing well.  I bet you never thought you'd miss spitting this much.

Offline GNatsNoMore

Where is DC fan. And when was BiL reinstated? I survived Covid and viral pneumonia.i was intubated for 3 days and in ICU for 7 and another 8 days in isolation. I received first rate care at Hopkins Baltimore in ICU and isolation. I have been home 3 weeks and have received good news from my primary care Dr and pulmonologist with follow up appts. If anyone you know or unfortunately you contract C-19 I can only suggest that you choose your hospital wisely. I was lucky as the first hospital I went to was affiliated with Hopkins and they let my family know that they were transferring patients to Baltimore.

That's scary.  So glad you're feeling much better.  I went to a Johns Hopkins hospital in Montgomery County for a heart procedure on April 30, and I was thinking I'd want to go there if I got Covid.  Fortunately, my wife and children and other close family members are healthy and safe.  My concern is for some of my cousins in health care - including an ER doctor, and my brother and sister-in law in Brazil, who are on the front lines in EMS and nursing, transporting or testing Covid/potential Covid patients.  Also, as a teacher who is in the borderline high risk category and teaches in an extremely overcrowded school located in the zip code with the highest number of Covid cases in Maryland, I may be asking everyone I know even slightly, including you all, for prayers if we have to go back to teaching in person in August or September. 

I too, wish everyone the best and hope you are careful and stay safe. 

glad you are doing well.  I bet you never thought you'd miss spitting this much.
:funny:

Offline DPMOmaha

I'm fine, just busy with life.
Same. Just reveling in an Championship offseason.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
nice to hear from gnatsnomore and dpm.  What I have to say to dpm is you picked the right year to skip the countdown to opening day :lol:

Offline DPMOmaha

HA! Well, I sure didn't do it on purpose! I have every intention of doing it back when it started. Maybe I'll do an abbreviated one if/when we get a new start date.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
I’m doing quite well actually. Not much to report.

Offline imref

I’m doing quite well actually. Not much to report.

:clap:

Good to see folks checking in!