Author Topic: Let us know you are OK (or not) if you haven't posted in a while  (Read 22321 times)

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
The NHL regular season is set up to be so boring.   I grew up in Canada with hockey definitely as my first love.  But a point system that encourages playing for a tie, and too many teams making the playoffs, just makes for a blah regular season.  I'm a much bigger fan of baseball as a sport.   I don't know if a 60 game season in empty stands is going to be all that engaging, but the NL East is set up to provide some good pennant races for the next few years.   

The NHL regular season does seem to focus largely on individual accomplishments.  Nice that the Caps have at least one fella who is always in the running for at least one of those.

My biggest gripe is the playoff seeding...they need to have it run 1 v 8 in each Conference and reseed after each round...I think you'll really see the overtime open up with points becoming even more important.  Right now, finishing 2nd or 3rd in your Division makes no big difference...