Author Topic: Metal Detector Question  (Read 85 times)

Offline wj73

Metal Detector Question
« Topic Start: April 25, 2020, 07:45:57 PM »
Anyone know anything about metal detectors?  We’re thinking about getting one. A whole bunch of Civil War troops passed by our property at one point or another, and we’re curious to see if we can find any artifacts.

We’ve been looking at the detectors and the basic ones seem to run about $100, but the good ones seem to be $250 and up. We can’t decide which way to go. Anyone have experience or advice?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Re: Metal Detector Question
« Reply #2: April 25, 2020, 10:36:40 PM »
Anyone know anything about metal detectors?  We’re thinking about getting one. A whole bunch of Civil War troops passed by our property at one point or another, and we’re curious to see if we can find any artifacts.

We’ve been looking at the detectors and the basic ones seem to run about $100, but the good ones seem to be $250 and up. We can’t decide which way to go. Anyone have experience or advice?

That is so cool!!! My kids got my husband a cheaper one a few years ago and at the beach all be ever turned up was some bottle caps and a set of keys :? I’d say if you really want to find some good stuff a more expensive model would probably be worth it-keep us posted if you find some good stuff!

Online ajcartwright

« Reply #3: April 26, 2020, 09:25:26 AM »

started out with a Garrett basic model which works fine,
my go-to is now a Pioneer 505, it's lightweight and does find more than pull-tabs
but is not a top of the line model by any means
both mentioned detectors were in the $150 range when purchased
Treasurenet.com has sections devoted to the different makes and their attributes
and i highly recommend checking the site out
good luck, hope you love using your detector

Offline wj73

« Reply #4: April 26, 2020, 02:56:08 PM »
Thanks, everyone. Some good reading to get us started. Knew someone on here would have experience and could help!

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #5: April 26, 2020, 08:09:42 PM »
Thanks, everyone. Some good reading to get us started. Knew someone on here would have experience and could help!
https://www.youtube.com/user/aquachigger/search?query=detectors