Author Topic: 2020 Season Ticket Holders (STH)  (Read 5856 times)

Offline djnrook

Re: 2020 Season Ticket Holders (STH)
« Reply #75: May 12, 2020, 12:14:28 PM »
Also - this is crap in the small print about how to use your credit:

“ For all 2020 Eligible Products except single-game ticket purchases, Eligible Buyers may apply the 50% Bonus Credit to purchase: (i) additional tickets to Washington Nationals exhibition or regular season home games played at Nationals Park during the 2020 or 2021 regular seasons and seat upgrades; provided, however, that the 50% Bonus Credit cannot be applied to purchase the renewal of your 2020 Eligible Product(s) for the 2021 season; ”

Offline eastie

« Reply #76: May 12, 2020, 12:22:16 PM »
Also - this is crap in the small print about how to use your credit:

“ For all 2020 Eligible Products except single-game ticket purchases, Eligible Buyers may apply the 50% Bonus Credit to purchase: (i) additional tickets to Washington Nationals exhibition or regular season home games played at Nationals Park during the 2020 or 2021 regular seasons and seat upgrades; provided, however, that the 50% Bonus Credit cannot be applied to purchase the renewal of your 2020 Eligible Product(s) for the 2021 season; ”
Right.  "50%!!!!" sprayed all over the place, then in the small print excluding the ONE place I actually want to apply it.  I would much rather take a 10-20% cut off of 2021 plans, instead of coordinating distribution of a credit to all my partners that will probably end up being partially used (I mean, that is the entire point of this "generous" offer, they know lots of it will be left on the table).  Color me unimpressed.

Also taking bets that RCR will be severely scaled back for 2021, because this ^^^ is what is replacing it.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #77: May 12, 2020, 12:38:18 PM »
So they took the longest to craft a plan that sounds like the best while actually offering the least

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78: May 12, 2020, 12:43:17 PM »
So they took the longest to craft a plan that sounds like the best while actually offering the least

Chicanery level: Expert

Offline djnrook

« Reply #79: May 12, 2020, 12:50:26 PM »
Also from the “submit you refund request” page:

2020 Nationals Impacted Games currently include*: March 24, April 2, April 4, April 5, April 6, April 7, April 8, April 16, April 17, April 18, April 19, April 21, April 22, April 23, May 1, May 2, May 3, May 5, May 6, May 7

Really?   So they MIGHT still play next Tuesday and Wednesday here against the Mariners?  You’d think they’d at least allow refunds up through the end of May. 

Again, my expectations were exceeded. 

Offline eastie

« Reply #80: May 12, 2020, 01:03:29 PM »
Glossed over this part:
If you are an Eligible Buyer, but you have an outstanding unpaid balance towards the purchase of your 2020 Eligible Product(s), then you may pay all or a portion of the remaining balance towards your 2020 Eligible Product(s) in order to increase your Total Credit.
At first pass this reads to me as: "If you have an outstanding balance for 2020, and you claim the credit as soon as it becomes available, we won't give you the extra 50% on money you are going to have to pay us anyway for games that may or may not be played in 2020".  That puts the suspension of STH payments in April in a bit of a different light, eh?

Offline djnrook

« Reply #81: May 12, 2020, 01:10:32 PM »
I see that as my plan is 10,000.  I had 7 payments of 1,000 a piece with three (April, May, June) remaining.   I can choose to hold tight with them keeping my 7,000.  If i choose that i get a 3,500 credit.   OR I can pay my outstanding 3,000 making my total paid for this year 10,000 as originally agreed.  If that is my choice, I get a 5,000 credit.

I’m I thinking about that right?  Basically loan them $3,000 and get paid a $1,500 bonus for doing it (that i have to use for food or merchandise or different tickets than my season plan.)

So I can choose to NOT pay that outstanding balance.  At least that’s my read. 

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82: May 12, 2020, 01:13:21 PM »
I can’t possibly use that much credit. Much of if will go unused. If you’ve got a big group who can use extra tickets, etc, great. But it’s just me and my wife. Even at 12 dollars apiece, I’m not drinking that much beer.
And how easy are upgrades going to be if everyone is walking around with this huge credit?

Offline HarperHappy

« Reply #83: May 12, 2020, 01:18:18 PM »
Glossed over this part:At first pass this reads to me as: "If you have an outstanding balance for 2020, and you claim the credit as soon as it becomes available, we won't give you the extra 50% on money you are going to have to pay us anyway for games that may or may not be played in 2020".  That puts the suspension of STH payments in April in a bit of a different light, eh?

“The bonus credit (for those who request this option) will be calculated based on amounts paid as of August 15th, 2020.”

Wonder if they will start the payments back up in July as originally planned when they postponed payments in April. There is also another catch that you need to allocate the money to either seat upgrades/tickets OR food, merchandise. You can also only do the allocation once...it cannot be changed and does not appear to be distributable between (500 to upgrades, 500 to merchandise for example).

Offline Upper Level Dad

« Reply #84: May 12, 2020, 01:24:44 PM »
I would think the credit would be added in the ballpark app and we could use it as we like.  That would be nice.

Offline HarperHappy

« Reply #85: May 12, 2020, 01:35:44 PM »
Good news. My rep just told me that it can be allocated between the options. Overall, I’m pretty happy with this option. I know it took longer, but at least now there is a plan for the whole season. For those needing a refund for a variety of reasons, the fine print does indicate that is an option if you contact them.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #86: May 12, 2020, 01:39:08 PM »
I would think the credit would be added in the ballpark app and we could use it as we like.  That would be nice.

Great news- you’re credit has been added to the ballpark app- bad news, the ballpark app now has a 30% convenience fee

Offline HarperHappy

« Reply #87: May 12, 2020, 01:41:09 PM »
Great news- you’re credit has been added to the ballpark app- bad news, the ballpark app now has a 30% convenience fee

And jerseys are now $899.99. Replica. Authentic are $1,250.00.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #88: May 12, 2020, 02:42:45 PM »

That money was already spent so I don’t care about the roll over. Given their plan, I should expect a credit of around $640 (I’m in 317 on a 40 game plan). I’m still trying to get a WS used ball out of the deal. Balls were for sale at $1,000 a piece during Fan Photo day but I don’t know how many actually sell for that. I maybe they would jump at the chance to give me a baseball instead of a credit. I shot this to my ticket rep today.

Good Afternoon,

I just received the e mail about the plan to roll over unused tickets into the 2021 season and add the 50% credit.

Obviously, being one of the people who opted out of the delayed payments and decided to pay off my balance in full, I’m not upset about that decision to roll over instead of issuing refunds.

I do have a question though about the credit. Instead of receiving a credit if 50% of my ticket plan, would it be possible to instead receive a World Series game used baseball and forego the credit? That would mean more to me than any credit.

Respectfully,

Adam

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89: May 12, 2020, 02:56:10 PM »
That money was already spent so I don’t care about the roll over. Given their plan, I should expect a credit of around $640 (I’m in 317 on a 40 game plan). I’m still trying to get a WS used ball out of the deal. Balls were for sale at $1,000 a piece during Fan Photo day but I don’t know how many actually sell for that. I maybe they would jump at the chance to give me a baseball instead of a credit. I shot this to my ticket rep today.

Good Afternoon,

I just received the e mail about the plan to roll over unused tickets into the 2021 season and add the 50% credit.

Obviously, being one of the people who opted out of the delayed payments and decided to pay off my balance in full, I’m not upset about that decision to roll over instead of issuing refunds.

I do have a question though about the credit. Instead of receiving a credit if 50% of my ticket plan, would it be possible to instead receive a World Series game used baseball and forego the credit? That would mean more to me than any credit.

Respectfully,

Adam

Can’t you just take the credit and buy a ball? 

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #90: May 12, 2020, 03:48:03 PM »
Can’t you just take the credit and buy a ball?

No, the balls are listed for around $1,000.00. My credit will be less than that. The way I see it, they are probably sitting on a bunch of balls that are listed at 1k that won't sell and they have SIGNIFICANTLY less invested into and would jump on the chance to give me a $30 dollar ball with $970 worth of sentimentality attached to it instead of letting me use my credit on things that have a less valuable return. So to the Lerners I say, "Let's Make A Deal!"

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91: May 12, 2020, 04:16:29 PM »
No, the balls are listed for around $1,000.00. My credit will be less than that. The way I see it, they are probably sitting on a bunch of balls that are listed at 1k that won't sell and they have SIGNIFICANTLY less invested into and would jump on the chance to give me a $30 dollar ball with $970 worth of sentimentality attached to it instead of letting me use my credit on things that have a less valuable return. So to the Lerners I say, "Let's Make A Deal!"

I also realized that you can’t use the credit at Nationals Authentics, which is probably where they sell those balls. And also the only place where I could have come close to spending this credit.

Free booze for 2021 and a Juan Soto signed bat and a WS ball? Maybe they could have convinced me to stay. Also, it would have been nice to use this to upgrade my regular seats. But I can’t do that either. 

So it’s a credit only usable for something the Lerners sell at extremely high markup.

Pass...

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #92: May 12, 2020, 04:19:18 PM »
LATC.

Lerners Are Truly Cheap. 

At least we got a World Series.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #93: May 12, 2020, 04:59:00 PM »
I also realized that you can’t use the credit at Nationals Authentics, which is probably where they sell those balls.
Well then, I am severely nonplussed with their offer, because that's where I would have spent my credit even if the World Series ball didn't pan out.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #94: May 12, 2020, 05:05:41 PM »
IF Mitlen were here, then I'd ask to borrow his slide rule to figure out how the heck I'm going to deal with my ticket group. 

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #95: May 12, 2020, 05:11:55 PM »
IF Mitlen were here, then I'd ask to borrow his slide rule to figure out how the heck I'm going to deal with my ticket group. 

Decline the credit, take the refund and distribute it?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #96: May 12, 2020, 10:37:48 PM »
I filled out the form for a refund for 2 parking passes...about 30 minutes ago...

https://www.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/impacted-games

No confirmation screen or confirmation email.

Anyone have a different experience?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #97: May 12, 2020, 10:39:43 PM »
Also from the “submit you refund request” page:

2020 Nationals Impacted Games currently include*: March 24, April 2, April 4, April 5, April 6, April 7, April 8, April 16, April 17, April 18, April 19, April 21, April 22, April 23, May 1, May 2, May 3, May 5, May 6, May 7

Really?   So they MIGHT still play next Tuesday and Wednesday here against the Mariners?  You’d think they’d at least allow refunds up through the end of May. 

Again, my expectations were exceeded.

Yes indeed...

Don't know about SPH's, but they are piece-mealing the refund for single ticket purchases...it's only for games in the past...so this process will drag out thru September...and then 4-6 weeks later to actually get the refund.

This is abusive...

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98: May 13, 2020, 07:39:43 PM »
I filled out the form for a refund for 2 parking passes...about 30 minutes ago...

https://www.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/impacted-games

No confirmation screen or confirmation email.

Anyone have a different experience?

Nope.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #99: May 13, 2020, 09:25:27 PM »
Yes indeed...

Don't know about SPH's, but they are piece-mealing the refund for single ticket purchases...it's only for games in the past...so this process will drag out thru September...and then 4-6 weeks later to actually get the refund.

This is abusive...
I really need to read the email.