Author Topic: 2020 Season Ticket Holders (STH)  (Read 5820 times)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Re: 2020 Season Ticket Holders (STH)
« Reply #25: April 22, 2020, 08:18:14 AM »
This makes me wonder about Arizona/no fans- right now games are postponed and teams can try to hold onto ticket money, once they play them without fans they start having to refund money

True...but if they do play a season with fans in the stands and the MLB ballparks become Wuhan The Sequel, it'll be 'see ya in court' then too. MLB is basically in a 'damned if they do, damned if they don't' situation...even though, when STH renewals (among them mine) were being taken last fall, no one saw CoronaExtraVirus coming....

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #26: April 22, 2020, 09:08:54 AM »
True...but if they do play a season with fans in the stands and the MLB ballparks become Wuhan The Sequel, it'll be 'see ya in court' then too. MLB is basically in a 'damned if they do, damned if they don't' situation...even though, when STH renewals (among them mine) were being taken last fall, no one saw CoronaExtraVirus coming....

They can keep postponing to hold onto the money while hoping. If they play opening day in front of an empty stadium in Arizona- they’re refunding a sold out stadium worth of tickets (it will probably vary by city, based on state law), they’re still paying guys with guaranteed contracts (is kershaw really agreeing to a cut in order to live in quarantine dome to play in front of empty stands without the normal spring ramp up?)- will it even be profitable?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #27: April 22, 2020, 10:10:47 AM »
It's getting absolutely ridiculous that they haven't refunded fans in full yet.  Pathetic.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #28: April 22, 2020, 05:44:19 PM »
My ticket rep called me today about my plan and was asking if I had any questions about anything. We've already kinda guessed it's gonna be rolled over and I had already ear marked that money as being spent on baseball anyways so I told him just to finish off the rest of my payment schedule and let me know what they decide to do with my credit. What I haven't been blowing at the bar in the past month and a half will more than offset what I owed.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #30: April 23, 2020, 06:50:44 AM »
here come the lawsuits: https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/04/21/fans-sue-all-30-teams-manfred-ticket-sellers-over-their-refusal-to-issue-ticket-refunds/

Fully understandable...the airlines are facing similar actions for issuing vouchers (good toward future flights) instead of refunds on cancelled flights. Cleaning up after this CoronaExtraVirus debacle is going to be about as easy as cleaning up after World War II.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #31: April 28, 2020, 03:52:41 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/04/28/mlb-teams-expected-update-ticket-policies-this-week-games-lost-coronavirus/

Fans holding tickets for Major League Baseball games in 2020, a season on hold indefinitely amid the global coronavirus pandemic, could be notified as soon as Wednesday about options for exchanges or in some cases refunds, with specific ticket policies to be decided by individual teams.

MLB on Tuesday was preparing to offer guidance to its teams on how to handle ticketing matters for games lost due to the pandemic, with those policies expected to be rolled out this week. Opening Day was to have been March 26, and until now MLB had asked teams not to announce ticket policies, as the games lost to this point had been designated as postponed and not canceled.

Offline Senatorswin

« Reply #32: April 30, 2020, 03:10:06 PM »
So MLB announced this week it's up to each team how they want to handle this. No word from the Nats yet?

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #33: April 30, 2020, 03:40:20 PM »
So MLB announced this week it's up to each team how they want to handle this. No word from the Nats yet?

It takes a while to figure out distribution of red carp rewards and perks like World Series stadium dirt as payback options

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34: April 30, 2020, 04:42:28 PM »
My ticket rep called me today to check in. He said that the Nats were coming up with a plan for lost games and will release it "early next week"

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #35: April 30, 2020, 04:52:25 PM »
My ticket rep called me today to check in. He said that the Nats were coming up with a plan for lost games and will release it "early next week"

i.e. figuring out a way to keep money without it turning into a pr/legal nightmare

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #36: April 30, 2020, 05:01:37 PM »
All you STH’s just shut up and let them keep your money. That’s how hey are paying Charlie and Dave to do our Zoom Q&A tonight lol.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37: April 30, 2020, 05:15:24 PM »
i.e. figuring out a way to keep money without it turning into a pr/legal nightmare

The teams that have released policies have all offered the option for a refund, with varying degrees of difficulty getting it. All the teams have also offered a credit ranging from 5% to 15% if you agree to roll your money over to next year.

I don’t think the Nats will be able to just keep the money. I think there would be a lot of people that would swear off the Nats forever if they did it. It would be an incredibly bad look.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #38: April 30, 2020, 05:32:59 PM »
The teams that have released policies have all offered the option for a refund, with varying degrees of difficulty getting it. All the teams have also offered a credit ranging from 5% to 15% if you agree to roll your money over to next year.

I don’t think the Nats will be able to just keep the money. I think there would be a lot of people that would swear off the Nats forever if they did it. It would be an incredibly bad look.

Just give me a game used World Series Ball or something other similarly inflated piece of game used merchandise and keep my money.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39: April 30, 2020, 05:49:53 PM »
All you STH’s just shut up and let them keep your money. That’s how hey are paying Charlie and Dave to do our Zoom Q&A tonight lol.
I got an 11 PM Tuesday email about C&D's q & a that night at 7 pm.

Offline djnrook

« Reply #40: May 01, 2020, 07:27:51 AM »
All the teams have also offered a credit ranging from 5% to 15% if you agree to roll your money over to next year.

Orioles offered a 25 percent credit.   Our group thinks the Nats offer 5% for single seats and 10% for STH but that is just an uneducated guess.  We shall see.  One thing that could help them is the massive rush for opening day tickets.  A guarantee for banner reveal seats when it happens or something similar.  Guaranteed opening day is more desirable than World Series dirt to some at least.  Will be interesting. 

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #41: May 01, 2020, 08:15:34 AM »
I got an 11 PM Tuesday email about C&D's q & a that night at 7 pm.

What type of plan do you have? They had mentioned that the one last night was for half season plan holders.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42: May 01, 2020, 10:33:21 AM »

What type of plan do you have? They had mentioned that the one last night was for half season plan holders.
full season

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #43: May 01, 2020, 12:20:49 PM »
full season

It would be cool to see if there was a difference between the two different things.

Offline dcbatgirl

« Reply #44: May 03, 2020, 07:21:37 PM »
Orioles offered a 25 percent credit.   Our group thinks the Nats offer 5% for single seats and 10% for STH but that is just an uneducated guess.  We shall see.  One thing that could help them is the massive rush for opening day tickets.  A guarantee for banner reveal seats when it happens or something similar.  Guaranteed opening day is more desirable than World Series dirt to some at least.  Will be interesting.

28 of 30 teams managed to publish their plans last week.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2020/04/30/mlb-teams-give-fans-ticket-refunds-postponed-games-if-asked/3056961001/

Only the Nationals and Diamondbacks have yet to provide specific information. So, here's another opportunity to be "number one"! (I'm betting the Nats will "win" the customer responsiveness booby prize here.)

Offline dcbatgirl

« Reply #45: May 03, 2020, 07:33:48 PM »
28 of 30 teams managed to publish their plans last week.

Oops. I see the article has been updated to indicate 29 of 30 teams have been offering credits/refunds.

The Nationals' "valued" season-plan holders are #1!

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46: May 04, 2020, 10:34:20 PM »
It’s a really, really bad look to be the last team to release a plan when every other team did by last Thursday. Keeping your most loyal fans hanging isn’t a great recipe for keeping them loyal.

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #47: May 05, 2020, 03:30:21 AM »
It’s a really, really bad look to be the last team to release a plan when every other team did by last Thursday. Keeping your most loyal fans hanging isn’t a great recipe for keeping them loyal.

(Shuffling through PR platitude drawer)

WS hangover

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48: May 06, 2020, 04:38:26 PM »
Still no word, and it’s been a week since every other team announced a plan. I think the Nats are going to try to find a way to not refund the money. If they had done it last week it would have looked bad compared to every other team in every market.

Wait a week and only the Post reports it. ESPN isn’t running a separate story about this.

This is making me irrationally angry.

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #49: May 06, 2020, 04:54:07 PM »
Wait a week and only the Post reports it. ESPN isn’t running a separate story about this.

This is making me irrationally angry.

I think you overestimate how much content there is for espn to report on. This is easy filler for them