Author Topic: Mlb rebroadcast & streaming classic games  (Read 679 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Mlb rebroadcast & streaming classic games
« Topic Start: April 04, 2020, 09:29:52 AM »
A more general thread on games being streamed or broadcast during the extended offseason. Post the game, time, and channel or site.

Today at 1 is Game 7 of the 1971 Worl Series on mlb.com. Enjoy it, Mitlen!

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: Mlb rebroadcast & streaming classic games
« Reply #1: April 29, 2020, 01:24:12 PM »
I’m watching the Braves and Marlins game five of the 1997 playoffs. On the local fox channel here in Florida. Livan versus Maddux. 

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2: April 29, 2020, 01:34:23 PM »
I’m watching the Braves and Marlins game five of the 1997 playoffs. On the local fox channel here in Florida. Livan versus Maddux.

Is that the one where Eric Gregg has the ridiculously large strike zone?

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #3: April 29, 2020, 02:43:47 PM »
Is that the one where Eric Gregg has the ridiculously large strike zone?
Yes. He was giving both pitchers. But Maddux got at least six inches on the outside corner to righties. Crazy.

Offline blue911

« Reply #4: April 29, 2020, 03:41:01 PM »
Yes. He was giving both pitchers. But Maddux got at least six inches on the outside corner to righties. Crazy.

Truly, Gregg usually gave him a foot.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #5: May 22, 2020, 10:26:39 AM »
Well I am going to have a fine time today.  They are now showing the 1980 NLCS game 5 aka the Nolan Ryan late meltdown.  Listening to Howard Cosell doing baseball is always annoying.  After that a marathon of the 1980 Word Series.  My day is set. 

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #6: May 22, 2020, 01:21:01 PM »
Well I am going to have a fine time today.  They are now showing the 1980 NLCS game 5 aka the Nolan Ryan late meltdown.  Listening to Howard Cosell doing baseball is always annoying.  After that a marathon of the 1980 Word Series.  My day is set. 

I should watch Game 6 of the '93 Series.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #7: May 22, 2020, 01:41:12 PM »
I should watch Game 6 of the '93 Series.
That was good up until the last inning. 

Offline dracnal

« Reply #8: May 25, 2020, 01:58:21 PM »

My dad's favorite (and probably only positive) Howard Cossell story came from watching a football game he was announcing years ago. During a lull in the action, a dog wandered onto the field. Cossell began to narrate and opine endlessly on the dog; non-stop chatter and all of it inane. The dog suddenly drops into a squat and lays out a nice string of fertilizer as the camera focused right on the business end. For the first and only time in his life, dad heard Cossell speechless.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #9: May 25, 2020, 02:03:43 PM »
My dad's favorite (and probably only positive) Howard Cossell story came from watching a football game he was announcing years ago. During a lull in the action, a dog wandered onto the field. Cossell began to narrate and opine endlessly on the dog; non-stop chatter and all of it inane. The dog suddenly drops into a squat and lays out a nice string of fertilizer as the camera focused right on the business end. For the first and only time in his life, dad heard Cossell speechless.
:rofl:

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #10: November 22, 2020, 03:38:20 PM »
Game 7 of the 1975 World Series is on MLB. Sawx off to a good start as Gullet is wild. Wonder if they can hang on?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #11: November 22, 2020, 03:48:26 PM »
Game 7 of the 1975 World Series is on MLB. Sawx off to a good start as Gullet is wild. Wonder if they can hang on?
pulls Willoughby for Jim Burton, who never pitches again in the majors.

Bill Lee said about Darryl Johnson that year that he managed like a cat who kept falling out of trees and kept landing on his feet. Of course, Lee should can't talk about that game after the Leephus pitch homer.

How Hall of Famers or potential Veterans Committee guys were on those teams rosters that year?  Bench, Morgan, Yaz, Tony Perez?, Jim Rice, Pete Rose, Fisk, should be Dwight Evans, should be Luis Tiant . . . but, none of the Cinci pitchers or Sox bullpen.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #12: November 24, 2020, 01:47:43 PM »
pulls Willoughby for Jim Burton, who never pitches again in the majors.

Bill Lee said about Darryl Johnson that year that he managed like a cat who kept falling out of trees and kept landing on his feet. Of course, Lee should can't talk about that game after the Leephus pitch homer.

How Hall of Famers or potential Veterans Committee guys were on those teams rosters that year?  Bench, Morgan, Yaz, Tony Perez?, Jim Rice, Pete Rose, Fisk, should be Dwight Evans, should be Luis Tiant . . . but, none of the Cinci pitchers or Sox bullpen.

We all talked about the Red Machine as the first super-team NOT built around a pitching staff. The A's had had Catfish Hunter, Vida Blue, John Odom, those relief pitchers. Orioles had had the four 20-game winners. Mets had been built around Seaver and Koosman. Father back, the '50s Yankees had had Whitey Ford and Bob Turley and others, the Braves had had Spahn and Burdette and Buhl. The Big Red Machine had hitters but, everyone asked, who were the 20-game winners?