Author Topic: What are you doing?  (Read 1440 times)

Offline rileyn

What are you doing?
« Topic Start: March 29, 2020, 08:21:44 AM »
I'm sure the mods can move if desired, but since there is nothing else to discuss, what are you doing during these crazy times?

I travel all over the country for my job, so of course I'm not doing that.  It's easy for me to telecommute so I spend all day in my home office.  It's tough to know when "work" stops and the shut in begins.  The lines have blurred so I feel like I basically wake up, work out, shower, walk down the hall to my office, work all day and then try to get a walk in before it gets dark.  Same thing every day.  No change in scenery.  I'm lucky because from a business perspective, I'm busier than I've ever been right now, but thinking about keeping this pace up for 10 more weeks, with no sports to help me escape is rough. 

My wife has been to the grocery store a couple times, I've picked up carry out a few times, but other than that........I'm here.  Kids are hanging in there.

Just curious about everybody else.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Re: What are you doing?
« Reply #2: March 29, 2020, 08:40:55 AM »
As many of you know, my wife and I retired last December and our plan has been to move to Wilmington. So our goal all along has been to have the house ready to go on the market around the 1st of April which we are on track for. So I'm in the final stretch of house painting and fixing those little things that we've tolerated but have to be taken care of for a buyer. So I've been to Lowes a couple of times. Had a plumber in a couple of weeks ago and have an appliance repair guy coming on Monday. Other than that we've about eliminated shopping or visiting. Been watching mass on the internet and a lot of TV.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #3: March 29, 2020, 08:44:34 AM »

Offline Slateman

« Reply #4: March 29, 2020, 08:47:14 AM »
Not everyone is in the uncensored section.
Come to the dark side

Offline rileyn

« Reply #5: March 29, 2020, 09:24:29 AM »
I didn't even know there was an uncensored section and I've been here since 2005.  Hmmm.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #6: March 29, 2020, 09:28:11 AM »
I didn't even know there was an uncensored section.

Go to the Red Loft forum.
There is a thread at the top called "Uncensored Section opt-in".
Post in there that you want in and the chief will wave his magic wand and grant you access.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #7: March 29, 2020, 09:38:55 AM »
As many of you know, my wife and I retired last December and our plan has been to move to Wilmington. So our goal all along has been to have the house ready to go on the market around the 1st of April which we are on track for. So I'm in the final stretch of house painting and fixing those little things that we've tolerated but have to be taken care of for a buyer. So I've been to Lowes a couple of times. Had a plumber in a couple of weeks ago and have an appliance repair guy coming on Monday. Other than that we've about eliminated shopping or visiting. Been watching mass on the internet and a lot of TV.
I've been here talking to you guys.  Scary!

We had a trip up to SC and then NOVA in a couple of weeks.  And then back down here to Florida.  I wonder if we will be able to do it based on the increasing restrictions.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #8: March 29, 2020, 09:48:33 AM »
Screen time on my iPhone was up 19% last week.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #9: March 29, 2020, 10:08:50 AM »
Screen time on my iPhone was up 19% last week.

Missus got a message from Verizon that they're giving her expanded memory   ...   for free.    :shock:

Online Five Banners

« Reply #10: March 29, 2020, 10:52:18 AM »
Missus got a message from Verizon that they're giving her expanded memory   ...   for free.    :shock:

Wives with expanded memory, what could go wrong?

Offline Slateman

« Reply #11: March 29, 2020, 10:59:17 AM »
I didn't even know there was an uncensored section and I've been here since 2005.  Hmmm.
:lmao: Welcome to the Thunderdome

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #12: March 29, 2020, 01:01:16 PM »

And if you're really feeling frisky, within the uncensored forum there is a sub-forum called politics. It's pretty much an echo chamber for the anti-Trumpers. You have to request access from the chief for that one as well.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #13: March 29, 2020, 02:44:59 PM »
And if you're really feeling frisky, within the uncensored forum there is a sub-forum called politics. It's pretty much an echo chamber for the EDUCATED. You have to request access from the chief for that one as well.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #14: March 29, 2020, 04:47:52 PM »
I'm sure the mods can move if desired, but since there is nothing else to discuss, what are you doing during these crazy times?

I travel all over the country for my job, so of course I'm not doing that.  It's easy for me to telecommute so I spend all day in my home office.  It's tough to know when "work" stops and the shut in begins.  The lines have blurred so I feel like I basically wake up, work out, shower, walk down the hall to my office, work all day and then try to get a walk in before it gets dark.  Same thing every day.  No change in scenery.  I'm lucky because from a business perspective, I'm busier than I've ever been right now, but thinking about keeping this pace up for 10 more weeks, with no sports to help me escape is rough. 

My wife has been to the grocery store a couple times, I've picked up carry out a few times, but other than that........I'm here.  Kids are hanging in there.

Just curious about everybody else.

I'm pretty much in the same boat, business has been crazy the last week (we consult with a lot of the video conferencing companies).  I've worked for home for 14 years so I'm pretty used to it, but I'm finding myself sleeping in more now that the kids are home, and staying up late.  I have struggled with the discipline required to still get up at 6:00 AM when everyone else gets up later.  I have been running in the evenings, and doing a lot of evening video calls with our Scout troop.

Online Five Banners

« Reply #15: March 29, 2020, 06:29:02 PM »
Listening to LeBrun, Milbury and company on 2018 G5 2nd round, talking about crowd trepidation and joking about fans slumping (amidst a cheer in the background) as the Caps go down 3-2 in the second following a Pitt power play. Wonder what will happen

Offline imref

« Reply #16: March 29, 2020, 07:09:48 PM »
Watching wrestlemania 32 on espn

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #17: March 29, 2020, 07:16:51 PM »
Watching wrestlemania 32 on espn
A bad show.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #18: March 29, 2020, 09:05:04 PM »

I think I’m the reason the uncensored section got created but you’d have to ask Chief to confirm that. Blame it on my college adventures

Offline imref

« Reply #19: March 29, 2020, 11:02:01 PM »
A bad show.

yep.  Made it to the 3rd match before going back and watching an AEW rerun and episode 3 of Tiger King

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #20: March 29, 2020, 11:10:56 PM »
yep.  Made it to the 3rd match before going back and watching an AEW rerun and episode 3 of Tiger King
I recall Jericho inexplicably beating AJ in a shockingly mediocre match which meant nothing because AJ became number one contender THE NEXT NIGHT, Lesnar phoning it in hard against Ambrose, Charlotte winning the women’s title because LOLCHARLOTTEWINS, and Roman beat Haitch in a match that lasted approximately five years. A truly dreadful show.

Offline GataNats

« Reply #21: March 29, 2020, 11:46:23 PM »
Drinking

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #22: March 30, 2020, 08:21:29 AM »
Living in Bizarro World.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #23: March 30, 2020, 10:40:37 AM »
I can't fully work from home for my job (don't have the powerful equipment, I guess I could spend 7k on a home office to use once a year...) but have gone into work once or twice to get stuff to bring home to do what I can. Fortunately it doesn't look like my tiny company will suffer too terribly...yet.

In the meantime I've gotten a lot of much-needed maintenance done on my property and will continue to do so. Getting 15k-20k steps a day due to multiple long walks with the dogs and runs, too. Making the best of it, I guess.

Offline imref

« Reply #24: March 31, 2020, 10:32:39 PM »
If you are bored, FP Santangelo on twitter is a gold mine, even throwing in Papelbon references.

https://twitter.com/fightinhydrant/status/1244968857707708418?s=21