Author Topic: Nats Classics on MASN during the coronavirus  (Read 5523 times)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Nationals 8th Juan To Win Soto singled to right, Adam "Beats-'Em" Eaton scored.   

Washington Nationals  4
Houston Cheaters      2

(Image removed from quote.)
remember, hand sanitizer is made from alcohol, so drinking a lot of alcohol is protection against coronavirus

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
remember, hand sanitizer is made from alcohol, so drinking a lot of alcohol is protection against coronavirus

Dozier will never catch Coronavirus

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Jake Marisnick is basically Michael A. Taylor? Speed, d, power, ks?

Offline nats2playoffs

I read a few weeks ago that hand sanitizer would not kill the coronavirus unless it is 70% or more alcohol. Nearly all sanitizer is 62% alcohol.

Soap and water actually breaks down the coronavirus, destroying it better than anything.

Winning pitcher Patrick Corbin - OUTSTANDING 3 innings!

Online imref

Dozier getting ready to debut a new song and dance

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I read a few weeks ago that hand sanitizer would not kill the coronavirus unless it is 70% or more alcohol. Nearly all sanitizer is 62% alcohol.

Soap and water actually breaks down the coronavirus, destroying it better than anything.

checked my bottle from CVS. 70%

Offline nats2playoffs

Nationals 9th Adam "Might Mouse" Eaton singled to center, Yan Gomes scored and Victor Robles scored, Trea Turner to second, Trea Turner safe at third on error by center fielder Marisnick.   

Washington Nationals  6
Houston Cheaters       2

Offline Natsinpwc

This article says use over 60%.  In any event it's a good alternative when you can't get to a bathroom such as when you are in the car or on mass transportation. 

https://www.prevention.com/health/a31225112/does-hand-sanitizer-kill-coronavirus/

Offline nats2playoffs

And the rest was history, World Champion Washington Nationals

Offline Dave in Fairfax

Yan Gomes confirms he has the ball. Huddy asked him to send him half.

Online imref

Dozier dresses up as the freeze. That was awesome.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Fun night.

I've been a Zimmerman fan for a long time. Any veteran WNFF poster knows that. Tonight is another reminder Zim should have a "C" on his jersey and that the #11 should be retired by the Nats the first opening day after he retires from baseball.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

60 percent.

Online imref

Fun night.

I've been a Zimmerman fan for a long time. Any veteran WNFF poster knows that. Tonight is another reminder Zim should have a "C" on his jersey and that the #11 should be retired by the Nats the first opening day after he retires from baseball.

No doubt.  Tonight it was pretty clear that he's the heart and soul of the team, and the team dad.

Online imref

Offline nats2playoffs

This article says use over 60%.  In any event it's a good alternative when you can't get to a bathroom such as when you are in the car or on mass transportation. 

https://www.prevention.com/health/a31225112/does-hand-sanitizer-kill-coronavirus/

"CDC recommends the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol as the preferred form of hand hygiene."
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/hand-hygiene.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Finfection-control%2Fhcp-hand-sanitizer.html

"Washing hands with soap and water is the best way to get rid of germs in most situations. If soap and water are not readily available, you can use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. "

"Sanitizers can quickly reduce the number of germs on hands in many situations. However:
Sanitizers do not get rid of all types of germs.
Hand sanitizers may not be as effective when hands are visibly dirty or greasy.
Hand sanitizers might not remove harmful chemicals from hands like pesticides and heavy metals."
https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html

"For electronics such as cell phones, tablets, touch screens, remote controls, and keyboards...If no manufacturer guidance is available, consider the use of alcohol-based wipes or sprays containing at least 70% alcohol to disinfect touch screens. Dry surfaces thoroughly to avoid pooling of liquids."
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cleaning-disinfection.html

Online imref

Thanks N2P. Closest thing to an actual GDT we’ll see for a while.

Offline Dave in Fairfax

In total, the following showed up for the Facebook Live event (let me know if I missed anyone):

Ryan Zimmermann
Dan Kolko
F.P. Santangelo
Mike Rizzo
Dave Martinez
Chip Hale
Paul Menhart
Tim Bogar
Ali Modami
Max Scherzer
Stephen Strasburg
Patrick Corbin
Anibal Sanchez
Sean Doolittle
Matt Adams
Gerardo Parra
Yan Gomes
Brian Dozier
Trea Turner
Anthony Rendon
Daniel Hudson
Roenis Elias (briefly, looks like he had connection trouble)
Juan Soto
Adam Eaton

They specifically mentioned Howie Kendrick and Kurt Suzuki as having other commitments. They joked that Ross and Fedde were off getting massages. I can't remember if they mentioned anyone else.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
During Game 7, Greg_SRT posted that he was drinking Corona with vodka.

Your Corona now requires social distancing and face masks for your other beverages:

The CoronaExtraVirus...no match for the mighty mighty HEINEKEN!

[I have, in fact, latterly been drinking vodka shooters (Luksusowa) with Heineken.]

Offline rileyn

That watch party was awesome. I clicked on it not expecting to stay there, but I couldn't leave.  That was like sitting in on their clubhouse for a couple hours, or as Zimm said, "this is like a cross country flight for us."  Damn, I miss baseball. 

Online imref

Kolko tweeted out some of the highlights.

if you missed it, the full 4 hour video is still up:

https://www.facebook.com/Nationals/videos/289754478678137/

Online imref

Brian Dozier banging on a trash can while Patrick Corbin shows Juan Soto his at bat (Soto couldn't get MASN).

Online imref

Parade is on

Offline Natsinpwc

MLB has Strasmas game on now.