Author Topic: DC government recommends canceling all events over 1000 people until March 31  (Read 1584 times)

Offline MtPleasantNatsFan

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-dc-events-recommended-canceled/65-be706ccc-828a-4535-aa8c-1a8780cd066c

Don’t know impact on Nationals Homecoming game

I hope it’s open to first 1000 SPHs

Mods- move to different forum as necessary

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I'm certainly sticking away from watching the NCAA hoops tournament at CCSP or any other sports bar

Offline nfotiu

NCAA tourney is playing without fans.   There aren't going to be fans in North America games for a while, I guess.

I wonder if MLB will just delay the start a month and see what's up then.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
NCAA tourney is playing without fans.   There aren't going to be fans in North America games for a while, I guess.

Shorten the season? Can't be playing the WS at Thanksgiving. Plus, you'll just be avoiding the first round of SARS-CoV-2 for the likely second round at flu season time in the Fall.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Online Natsinpwc

I can't see them delay the start--

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Why isn’t this in the Coronavirus thread?

Offline UMDNats

Delay the start of the season and just delete a bunch of games against the Tigers and Pirates.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

Because it’s more specific to the Nats and their schedule and people who haven’t subscribed to uncensored can’t see that thread. Or at least that’s my guess.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Shorten the season? Can't be playing the WS at Thanksgiving. Plus, you'll just be avoiding the first round of SARS-CoV-2 for the likely second round at flu season time in the Fall.

You know, this season would be the perfect chance for them to try out that new format. Shorten the season to 135-140 games and have a couple extra play in games.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

You know, this season would be the perfect chance for them to try out that new format. Shorten the season to 135-140 games and have a couple extra play in games.

I'd vote for this.  That's the length of the A+ and AA seasons, which are long enough. 

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Because it’s more specific to the Nats and their schedule and people who haven’t subscribed to uncensored can’t see that thread. Or at least that’s my guess.

Uncensored which has the virus thread in it is open to all. It’s the political forum that one has to ask the chief to be admitted.

Online Natsinpwc

Uncensored which has the virus thread in it is open to all. It’s the political forum that one has to ask the chief to be admitted.
I don’t see uncensored on my front page? Are you sure?

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

You have to request access to uncensored

Online Natsinpwc

You have to request access to uncensored
Ok. That what I thought.

Offline nfotiu

Are you really taking the stance that this is all political in nature? 

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Are you really taking the stance that this is all political in nature? 

Open your eyes because there is a ton of politics in this. Everything is political. Duh.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?

I didn’t realize we had to request access to uncensored and then request access to the politics forum.

Online Natsinpwc

I didn’t realize we had to request access to uncensored and then request access to the politics forum.
I'm much too young for those forums 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Because it’s more specific to the Nats and their schedule
this is my thinking.

I literally posted a note to the mods to move it if they felt it belonged someplace else!

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
I literally posted a note to the mods to move it if they felt it belonged someplace else!

I think a move to the Red Loft is in the works.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I'm sorry, but whether Nats games get played at Nats Park, including the 3/24 exhibition, is Nats news, so this topic is staying. 

I saw the piece that Seattle and Oakland are planning to move their first home games to away locations

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/03/11/mariners-home-games-mlb-coronavirus/

Offline nfotiu

I saw the piece that Seattle and Oakland are planning to move their first home games to away locations

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/03/11/mariners-home-games-mlb-coronavirus/

With NBA cancelled, I'm sure the NHL will follow shortly.   There's not going to be any sports for a while.