Author Topic: Individual ticket sales for non-season ticket holders...  (Read 683 times)

Offline USF_Football

So, who has the scoop for when tickets go on sale for us peasants living in far away lands looking to fly back for Opening Day? It's an annual ritual. The secondary market pricing is still a bit outrageous (World Series or not).

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Yesterday was full SPH day.  Today is partials, then I suppose tomorrow might be other advance lists like Nats Insiders or whatever.  They blast an email about 4 or 5 PM announcing the next day's sale.

Offline eastie

Slim pickins.  Our half SPH seats are in the 300s, and I usually have no issue getting 4+ extras in a nearby section so more of our group can go to the opener.  Couldn't even find a pair together anywhere in the 300s or even 400s.  Ended up with seats in the outfield; I didn't check anything in the club levels or between the poles in the lower deck.  I'm guessing the Nats are holding back quite a few OD seats as incentives to move more partial plans.

Offline USF_Football

Nothing yet. Checking daily. If anyone hears anything, please add a reply in here. Thanks!

Offline USF_Football

Just read this non-sense from the Nationals...

Due to overwhelming demand, there are only a limited number of tickets available for Opening Day. As a result, we will not be holding a Fan Club Opening Day presale and tickets for Opening Day will not be available on a single-game basis.

If you are interested in securing access to Opening Day, Nats TicketFinder can help to find the right ticket package for you to secure your seat for Opening Day 2020, along with other exciting games!

Offline djnrook

Weird - only a limited number of tickets yet I can buy a full season plan in sections 129, 130, 131.....   eventually they’ll have to release these seats, but when and how?   The impact of that release on the secondary market will be interesting. 

Offline USF_Football

Exactly. Holding firm as it’s the one game a year I can get to without my wife giving me a hard time. My Game 1 WS ticket ran me $2,500 (second row behind the Nats dugout). I’ve never had to pay more than $700 for a ticket in the Presidential section on Opening Day - you can’t even get Diamond Club for $700 presently. Fortunately my wife and daughters are staying home (really want to take my 5-year old). However my Dad has managed to make it another year - so he’s getting the royal treatment. Hopefully my daughters will see how much Opening Day is a family tradition and will make time to go with me once my father can no longer be my right hand man as they get older.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
You father is a lucky man. At least concerning the love you show him.
Exactly. Holding firm as it’s the one game a year I can get to without my wife giving me a hard time. My Game 1 WS ticket ran me $2,500 (second row behind the Nats dugout). I’ve never had to pay more than $700 for a ticket in the Presidential section on Opening Day - you can’t even get Diamond Club for $700 presently. Fortunately my wife and daughters are staying home (really want to take my 5-year old). However my Dad has managed to make it another year - so he’s getting the royal treatment. Hopefully my daughters will see how much Opening Day is a family tradition and will make time to go with me once my father can no longer be my right hand man as they get older.

Offline Natsinpwc

You father is a lucky man. At least concerning the love you show him.
:clap: