Author Topic: The Rotation 2020  (Read 206 times)

Offline imref

• Redemption
The Rotation 2020
« Topic Start: February 25, 2020, 04:30:31 PM »
Didn't see a thread for this yet.

Zuck notes the way things are set up now:

So, if you do the math, you'll end up with Scherzer starting opening day at the Mets, with Strasburg and Corbin following him at Citi Field. Sánchez would start the March 30 series opener at the Marlins, with the No. 5 starter the following night and Scherzer pitching the finale. That would then leave Strasburg to start the highly anticipated April 2 home opener (featuring the World Series championship banner-raising) against the Mets.

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

Re: The Rotation 2020
« Reply #1: February 27, 2020, 01:09:27 PM »
Unless their spring performances are vastly different, I think Ross gets first crack at the 5th spot with Voth as a long man.  Fedde, being the guy with an option, would have to be other-worldly.  But injuries happen, so he'll get some starts this year. 

Offline imref

• Redemption
« Reply #2: February 27, 2020, 01:22:10 PM »
Unless their spring performances are vastly different, I think Ross gets first crack at the 5th spot with Voth as a long man.  Fedde, being the guy with an option, would have to be other-worldly.  But injuries happen, so he'll get some starts this year. 

I wonder if the Yankees would be interested in either Voth or Ross.

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

« Reply #3: February 27, 2020, 05:17:27 PM »

Eh, if they were truly excess depth for us, maybe it makes sense.  The Yankees aren't going to pay anything of significance for guys that are just as big of question marks as their half dozen internal options.  The Yankees are aiming much higher if they make a move.  They're more valuable to us as we have really 4 legit starters and 3 guys in the mix after that.  Not much depth. 

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #4: February 27, 2020, 05:21:52 PM »

they have SP prospects internally who are better

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #5: February 27, 2020, 09:07:52 PM »
they have SP prospects internally who are better
Pretty much. They also 103 games with the same injury issues and they added Cole. They're probably the only team in baseball that could handle Severino's injury.