Author Topic: Baby Shark in 2020  (Read 2337 times)

Offline Duke of Earl

Baby Shark in 2020
« Topic Start: January 12, 2020, 09:26:29 AM »

I hate that Parra is gone

I don't.  I assume it means we will no longer be assaulted by that stupid shark song.

Offline Greg_SRT

• Fun while it lasted
I don't.  I assume it means we will no longer be assaulted by that stupid shark song.

Haha. You have a point. I thought it was just me

Offline hohoho

"Assaulted" by an innocent happy song that helped the team and fans come together? So you don't like winning?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I bet you are incorrect.  You'll heat it. It's just a question of when.  I'm hoping Take On Me remains in the 7th inning stretch and that tehy use "Baby Shark when the opponent brings in a new pitcher, maybe just mid-inning.  It'd get the whole crowd up, chomping, which would be a great way to pump things up.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Don't count on it, for another Nats player could select it as their walk-up song

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
They’ll play it at some point every game.  Most fans love it.

Offline Natsinpwc

Don't count on it, for another Nats player could select it as their walk-up song
I'm hoping for the Wheels on the Bus or maybe BINGO. 

Offline Copecwby20

Do you even Nats Fan Bro?

Offline Duke of Earl

"Assaulted" by an innocent happy song that helped the team and fans come together? So you don't like winning?
Actually it's not the song that bothers me it's the idiots in the stands doing the Nancy Pelosi clap.   I think they look like idiots.  And no, I don't think it had anything to do with winning.

Offline Duke of Earl

Do you even Nats Fan Bro?
Sorry, couldn't quite parse that.

Offline Duke of Earl

They’ll play it at some point every game. 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they play it only when Parra came to bat?  I think it would lose its appeal it it occurred gratuitously.

Offline hohoho

Actually it's not the song that bothers me it's the idiots in the stands doing the Nancy Pelosi clap.   I think they look like idiots.  And no, I don't think it had anything to do with winning.
Good one, snowflake.

Offline hohoho

Haha. You have a point. I thought it was just me
It is just you. And all the other "get off my lawn" grumps.

Offline Copecwby20

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Sorry, couldn't quite parse that.

(For those of us of a certain age, he's using "Nats fan" as a verb. The original meme is "Do you even lift bro?" where one bro questions another's gym habits.)

Offline GburgNatsFan

Offline Copecwby20

Are you this miserable in real life?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Re: Baby Shark in 2020
« Reply #17: January 13, 2020, 08:22:33 PM »
So important is Baby Shark that it "merits" it's own thread

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #18: January 13, 2020, 08:29:28 PM »
I thought Take On Me would last forever after MM left. It lasted like half a season. Baby Shark too shall pass, I fear.

Offline Dave in Fairfax

« Reply #19: January 13, 2020, 08:52:03 PM »
Macarena, Gangnam Style, Baby Shark. All fads pass. Worry more about what new fad awaits us. I expect something involving Baby Yoda.

Online Five Banners

« Reply #20: January 13, 2020, 09:12:39 PM »
The shark thing was around during the Bernadina days. If it sticks around further, that’s fine.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #21: January 13, 2020, 09:15:31 PM »
I thought Take On Me would last forever after MM left. It lasted like half a season. Baby Shark too shall pass, I fear.

They still play it during the 7th inning stretch .... ?

Offline GburgNatsFan

That "Pelosi" clap is the Nats triple clap. Straighten up and fly right.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23: January 14, 2020, 09:39:40 AM »
That "Pelosi" clap is the Nats triple clap. Straighten up and fly right.

I thought her clap was closer to the doubles clap.  Wrist together, clap with the palms.  The triple clap, which is what the crowd generally does, is the Gator chomp.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #24: January 14, 2020, 11:29:19 AM »
To be perfectly clear, these claps are all taken from the music video. Not even in Washington DC do sports fans imitate the Speaker of the House during games.