Author Topic: Food and How You Cook/Eat It (2020)  (Read 11716 times)

Offline 1995hoo

Re: Food and How You Cook/Eat It (2020)
« Reply #25: March 22, 2020, 10:17:13 AM »
Since I’ve got the time, I wanted to try a recipe I always wanted to. Turkish Manti.  Lamb dumplings with three sauces: Brown Butter, Caramelized Tomato sauce and garlic yogurt sauce.
Making the dumplings from scratch is incredibly time consuming.

https://www.panningtheglobe.com/turkish-manti/

That sounds pretty good. I’m bookmarking that for some weekend when we have nothing to do.

Funny, we had lamb last night too. My mom came over for dinner and brought a rack of lamb with her. I didn’t do anything fancy to it, just some pink salt and Florida seasoned pepper before grilling it (five minutes over direct medium, then the rest of the time over indirect medium). The Weber iGrill Bluetooth meat thermometer I got last summer worked perfectly—I told it I wanted a target temperature of 130°, and the meat came out just right. It had been a really long time since I’d cooked rack of lamb, which is why I used the thermometer. Had I followed the timing recommendations I had, it would have been undercooked. Tasted really good. My wife made some potatoes and sautéed some asparagus; I can’t stand asparagus, so I didn’t eat that, but she and my mom really liked it.