Author Topic: Food and How You Cook/Eat It (2020)  (Read 1865 times)

Offline bluestreak

Re: Food and How You Cook/Eat It (2020)
« Reply #200: June 18, 2020, 10:10:20 AM »
In any case, it was delicious. Here’s the recipe.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/slow-roast-gochujang-chicken/amp

And here’s how it looked in my kitchen.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #201: June 18, 2020, 10:45:54 AM »
In any case, it was delicious. Here’s the recipe.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/slow-roast-gochujang-chicken/amp

And here’s how it looked in my kitchen.

(Image removed from quote.)
That looks seriously delicious!

Offline bluestreak

« Reply #202: Yesterday at 10:10:47 PM »
Ground my own burgers for the first time. 2 parts sirloin, 2 parts brisket, 1 part short rib, 1/2 part bacon. Easily the best burger I’ve ever made and one of the best burgers I’ve ever eaten. Highly recommend grinding your meat, I’m shocked how much of a difference it made. And it made me feel safer cooking it more rare.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #203: Yesterday at 10:38:06 PM »
Sounds really good.  Are meat grinders easy to get ?

Ground my own burgers for the first time. 2 parts sirloin, 2 parts brisket, 1 part short rib, 1/2 part bacon. Easily the best burger I’ve ever made and one of the best burgers I’ve ever eaten. Highly recommend grinding your meat, I’m shocked how much of a difference it made. And it made me feel safer cooking it more rare.

Offline bluestreak

« Reply #204: Yesterday at 10:40:48 PM »
Sounds really good.  Are meat grinders easy to get ?

You can get one for like 40 bucks. If you have a KitchenAid stand mixer it’s so easy to just use the meat grinder attachment.

Offline blue911

Do you dry age before grinding?

Online HalfSmokes

That sounds awesome- I’m surprised it’s safer to go rarer with the bacon in the grind (and the exterior of the cuts still there- I thought that was the reason you weren’t supposed to go rare on ground meat)