Author Topic: Washington [Insert Name Here for an NFL team] Thread (2020)  (Read 16224 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
This is painful.

Offline Natsinpwc

Smith seems reluctant to throw the ball downfield. Which is weird because the Eagles secondary has been getting torched.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
You’re winning? :shrug:

Gonna need more than three points.

Offline Natsinpwc

Gonna need more than three points.
Or maybe not.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Eagles just changed QB.  Maybe the coach didn't get his play run on that 4th & 1 play

Offline Count Walewski

It doesn't appear that the Eagles care about the outcome of this game.

Offline Natsinpwc

Eagles just changed QB.  Maybe the coach didn't get his play run on that 4th & 1 play
They have no incentive to win. Trying to get the third string guy some playing time.

Offline Natsinpwc

It doesn't appear that the Eagles care about the outcome of this game.
They pick sixth if they lose. Ninth if they win.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
They have no incentive to win. Trying to get the third string guy some playing time.
Are they sold on Hurts going forward then?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Collins worth reading my mind lol

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
But Skippy, you would be a better broadcaster

Collins worth reading my mind lol

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
But Skippy, you would be a better broadcaster

No doubt  8) lol was really hoping the Giants would make it in and knock Tommy out next week but I’m happy for all the Washington Football Team fans here :clap:

Offline Natsinpwc

Are they sold on Hurts going forward then?
I don’t know. Wentz looks like history though.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
I don’t know. Wentz looks like history though.

They were saying on FM-106.7 last night that Wentz is going to ask for a trade.

Offline HalfSmokes

They were saying on FM-106.7 last night that Wentz is going to ask for a trade.

his contract makes him un-tradable unless he restructures which he would be an idiot to do because he'd probably have to give up guarantees and the history of quarterbacks being benched and then traded for performance going on to succeed elsewhere isn't great. 

Online 1995hoo

Seems like it Hurts to be a New York NFC Football Team fan this morning.

Offline Natsinpwc

his contract makes him un-tradable unless he restructures which he would be an idiot to do because he'd probably have to give up guarantees and the history of quarterbacks being benched and then traded for performance going on to succeed elsewhere isn't great.
Colts or Broncos. Reich was his offensive coordinator in 2017 and will think he can fix him. And Elway is always in search of a new QB to fix.

This explains the salary situation and some options.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/platform/2021/1/4/22211517/philadelphia-eagles-trade-carson-wentz-restructure-contract-chris-mortenson-rumors-quarterback-colts

Offline Natsinpwc

Seems like it Hurts to be a New York NFC Football Team fan this morning.
Ouch.

Online 1995hoo

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline Natsinpwc

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)
I was hoping Dallas would have won yesterday as their tears would have been more precious.

But how about fans of a 6-10 team whining when a 7-9 record would have had them in. Of course they are too stupid to realize winning the division costs them about 10 draft spots and gets them a harder schedule next year.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
I was hoping Dallas would have won yesterday as their tears would have been more precious.

But how about fans of a 6-10 team whining when a 7-9 record would have had them in. Of course they are too stupid to realize winning the division costs them about 10 draft spots and gets them a harder schedule next year.
The point of the sport is to win and make the playoffs. This isn't basketball. And a loss wouldn't have put Washington in place for a top QB, and even if it did you can look as Trubisky, Haskins, Tua, RGIII, and others to know top draft picks aren't guarantees.

Take this overachieving year as a win and don't apologize for winning the division at 7-9. Go into this offseason, look for another linebacker, a second TE, a slot WR, then find the top veteran QB available. And run it back with a defense that is already pretty salty along with good, young pieces on the offense. I wish we had Mahomes or Brady, but over the past five years Jimmy Garoppolo, Jared Goff, Nick Foles, Cam Newton, and Matt Ryan have started in the Super Bowl. You don't need a superstar if you surround your starter with a good defense and offensive weapons.

We have a respected coaching staff and a lot of cost controlled talent. This is the best position we've been in for many years.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Does anyone remember why Rivera did not sign Cam Newton a year ago? I see that Newton says he wants to play in a system he knows.

Offline Natsinpwc

Does anyone remember why Rivera did not sign Cam Newton a year ago? I see that Newton says he wants to play in a system he knows.
Because he had been watching him play the past few years?