Author Topic: Washington [Insert Name Here for an NFL team] Thread (2020)  (Read 16231 times)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
That was hilarious. 
yes, it really cut through

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
ruh-roh https://twitter.com/dcbarno/status/1341089236288757761?s=21

Haskins partying with strippers after the game.

Online Natsinpwc

So if WFT wins, Eagles win and Giants lose, WFT is in. Correct? 

Offline 1995hoo

So if WFT wins, Eagles win and Giants lose, WFT is in. Correct? 

Even simpler: If the Redskins win and the New York NFC Football Team fail to win (that is, either lose or tie).

If the Redskins tie, they can still clinch if the NYNFCFT lose and the Philadelphia Football Team and Dallas Football Team tie. (That would be the first time since 1973 that a team would have two ties in the same season.)

Online Natsinpwc

Even simpler: If the Redskins win and the New York NFC Football Team fail to win (that is, either lose or tie).

If the Redskins tie, they can still clinch if the NYNFCFT lose and the Philadelphia Football Team and Dallas Football Team tie. (That would be the first time since 1973 that a team would have two ties in the same season.)
Ok. I thought maybe Dallas had a chance in that first scenario? I guess not.

Offline 1995hoo

Ok. I thought maybe Dallas had a chance in that first scenario? I guess not.

They don’t, and the reason is that the Redskins swept Dallas, giving them the tiebreaker. The Redskins are 6–8 (can potentially finish at 8–8, 7–8–1, 6–8–2, 7–9, or 6–10); Dallas and New York are both 5–9 (thus can finish no better than 7–9). If the Redskins win today, they would be able to finish no worse than 7–9, so if they win (or tie, for that matter) today it eliminates Dallas due to the Redskins holding the tiebreaker.

Online Natsinpwc

They don’t, and the reason is that the Redskins swept Dallas, giving them the tiebreaker. The Redskins are 6–8 (can potentially finish at 8–8, 7–8–1, 6–8–2, 7–9, or 6–10); Dallas and New York are both 5–9 (thus can finish no better than 7–9). If the Redskins win today, they would be able to finish no worse than 7–9, so if they win (or tie, for that matter) today it eliminates Dallas due to the Redskins holding the tiebreaker.
Thanks.

Offline 1995hoo

I made a mistake there regarding the last parenthetical: If the Redskins tie today, it doesn’t necessarily eliminate Dallas unless Dallas were to lose. The Redskins would be 6–8–1. If Dallas were to win, they’d be 6–9 and could still be 7–9, while the Redskins could finish 7–8–1, 6–9–1, or 6–8–2. Either of those latter scenarios would be considered worse than 7–9 due to the number of wins. If, instead, the Redskins were to tie and Dallas were to lose, Dallas would be 5–10, which would ensure a finish that would be worse than any of the Redskins' three possible records noted above.

Offline NatNasty

What a f'n bum Haskins is.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
With the Panther 3 man defensive line, why isn't Washington running more ?

Offline NatNasty

Awful.  Just awful.

Offline imref

6-10 division winner still alive.

Online Natsinpwc

Dallas is still in it with a win which they are looking like they will get.  Both Washington and Dallas would then be 6-10.  Dallas wins the division if they win next week and WFT loses. 

Online Natsinpwc

6-10 division winner still alive.
Not likely though. 

Online Natsinpwc

No worries WFT will win next week. 

Offline HalfSmokes

I don’t think I’ve ever heard announcers say a player’s career in a city is over with a game to go

Offline 1995hoo

Dallas is still in it with a win which they are looking like they will get.  Both Washington and Dallas would then be 6-10.  Dallas wins the division if they win next week and WFT loses. 

Right, but my prior post started with the comment that IF the Redskins won....  Big "if"!

Online Natsinpwc

Right, but my prior post started with the comment that IF the Redskins won....  Big "if"!
That's for sure. 

Online Natsinpwc

I don’t think I’ve ever heard announcers say a player’s career in a city is over with a game to go
Dick Allen.  1969. 

Offline imref

Raise your hand if you had heard to Taylor Heinecke before today.