Author Topic: Washington [Insert Name Here for an NFL team] Thread (2020)  (Read 16264 times)

Online HalfSmokes

lol. 

Apparently Haskins called in sick with stomach flu, so he's not even at the stadium.

Idiot- that probably ensures his career is over

Offline Natsinpwc

Idiot- that probably ensures his career is over
You think sick people should come to the office?

Online HalfSmokes

You think sick people should come to the office?

His coach is getting an IV at half time

Offline Natsinpwc

His coach is getting an IV at half time
Ok, is the coach contagious?

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline Natsinpwc

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30091352/qb-dwayne-haskins-ill-not-washington-football-team-game-source-says

"After going to the team hotel SATURDAY, Haskins told the team he wasn't feeling well and HE WAS SENT HOME. Haskins was going to be INACTIVE ANYWAY after getting benched earlier in the week. Kyle Allen was named the starter with Alex Smith serving in the No. 2 role."

CAPS added. 

At least the team has more sense then some of our posters.  I have no idea if the guy is faking it. 

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

I don't think he's faking. I was just pointing out that there were only two dressed QBs.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30091352/qb-dwayne-haskins-ill-not-washington-football-team-game-source-says

"After going to the team hotel SATURDAY, Haskins told the team he wasn't feeling well and HE WAS SENT HOME. Haskins was going to be INACTIVE ANYWAY after getting benched earlier in the week. Kyle Allen was named the starter with Alex Smith serving in the No. 2 role."

CAPS added. 

At least the team has more sense then some of our posters.  I have no idea if the guy is faking it.

Offline Natsinpwc

I don't think he's faking. I was just pointing out that there were only two dressed QBs.
I didn’t see the game. Based on other posters reactions sounded like he just didn’t show up and his career was over.  So when I read about it seemed a slightly different story. They most likely will trade him and won’t get much. Bad draft pick.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

That's usually the case.  Very few teams have 3 QBs active on game day, even if they have a third on the active roster.  Many don't even have a third stringer at all, except on the practice squad. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
That's usually the case.  Very few teams have 3 QBs active on game day, even if they have a third on the active roster.  Many don't even have a third stringer at all, except on the practice squad. 
I thought they are allowed to have an emergency quarterback who can only go in if the 1st 2 are knocked out of the game, and the emergency qb does not count against the game day roster limit?  So he could have been at the stadium and mosly dressed but not available. 

Offline 1995hoo

I thought they are allowed to have an emergency quarterback who can only go in if the 1st 2 are knocked out of the game, and the emergency qb does not count against the game day roster limit?  So he could have been at the stadium and mosly dressed but not available. 

They did away with that in 2011 when they enlarged the active roster size.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Absolutely mailed it in this past Sunday...worst 'effort' (for want of a better term) I've seen from them in years (and that, admittedly, is saying a lot).

Offline Five Banners

Absolutely mailed it in this past Sunday...worst 'effort' (for want of a better term) I've seen from them in years (and that, admittedly, is saying a lot).

Fighting for old DC ain’t what it used to be

Offline Natsinpwc

How come Zeke is not doing the Feed Me thing?  Or maybe Roll the Film?

Offline 1995hoo

The Redskin player who got ejected should be suspended. That was ridiculous.

Offline Natsinpwc

Yeah.  Major cheap shot for sure. 

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
I didn't see the replay.  But did the Redskins defender mean to make contact in the receiver's body and misjudged the momentum of both players ?

Offline 1995hoo

I didn't see the replay.  But did the Redskins defender mean to make contact in the receiver's body and misjudged the momentum of both players ?

It was the Dallas QB he hit. As he was sliding to give himself up. Redskin player led with his helmet. Simply no excuse.

Edited to add: ESPN has video. See below.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30190259/dallas-cowboys-qb-andy-dalton-goes-locker-room-hard-hit

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Thanks for posting

It was the Dallas QB he hit. As he was sliding to give himself up. Redskin player led with his helmet. Simply no excuse.

Edited to add: ESPN has video. See below.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30190259/dallas-cowboys-qb-andy-dalton-goes-locker-room-hard-hit

Offline GburgNatsFan

You know what he could have done? Led with his hands/arms. Cocking your shoulder to pop a guy that's sliding is dumb as hell. I'll be surprised if he's not fined.

Personally, that's the rule change I would make. Every tackle has to be hands first. It'd change the game, but it'd cut way back on brain injuries.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Terrible play. Ejection and suspension are appropriate

Offline imref

Smith looks good.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Offline imref

Offline GburgNatsFan

Yep.

You have to wonder if he has enough leg strength when he has to make those quick, under-pressure throws. I'm glad he's healthy. He's not the future, I don't think.