Author Topic: Washington [Insert Name Here for an NFL team] Thread (2020)  (Read 16864 times)

Offline UMDNats

Any bets on the post story? A bunch of executive exits and a white collar defense attorney brought in to ‘review the culture’

it will be a nothingburger than has 0 effects/consequences. i can't wait to see all these DC sports media bozos laughed at for how much they have hyped a story they have no hand in and know nothing about.

it's an open secret that the front offices of sports teams are cesspools and especially so at the redskins (i can attest to this personally). the post story will have some stories of drugs, probably sexual harassment, sounds like gruden was banging someone, we all know mcloughlin was hooking up with russini, etc. DJ Durkin and Rick Court contributed to the death of a CFB player due to a "toxic culture" and the worst that happened was *checks notes* Durkin got his millions, Court got a six-figure buyout and Durkin got a job 2 years later.

the "DAN SNYDER'S OWNERSHIP IS IN JEOPARY!" tease is laughable. no way he is connected enough to the crap to lose his team.

Offline Natsinpwc

it will be a nothingburger than has 0 effects/consequences. i can't wait to see all these DC sports media bozos laughed at for how much they have hyped a story they have no hand in and know nothing about.

it's an open secret that the front offices of sports teams are cesspools and especially so at the redskins (i can attest to this personally). the post story will have some stories of drugs, probably sexual harassment, sounds like gruden was banging someone, we all know mcloughlin was hooking up with russini, etc. DJ Durkin and Rick Court contributed to the death of a CFB player due to a "toxic culture" and the worst that happened was *checks notes* Durkin got his millions, Court got a six-figure buyout and Durkin got a job 2 years later.

the "DAN SNYDER'S OWNERSHIP IS IN JEOPARY!" tease is laughable. no way he is connected enough to the crap to lose his team.
Danny and Jerruh Jones are secret lovers.

Offline 1995hoo

Any bets on the post story? A bunch of executive exits and a white collar defense attorney brought in to ‘review the culture’

A fellow I know who usually has extremely accurate information said the following.

It’s a bad Me Too situation involving team cheerleaders, coaches, players, and front office staff. This follows stories of payouts by season ticket holders for services involving cheerleaders from a number of years ago. If these new allegations are true, there is no way Snyder can be permitted to retain ownership of the franchise. I can see why Schar/Smith are seeking to sell out their team shares and distance themselves from Snyder. The team name change will be reduced to the back pages when this story hits.

Offline ajcartwright

up for consideration:
Washington Dukes
Washington Carvers
Washington Irvings
Washington Grovers
Washington Denzels
Washington Booker T's
Washington Georges

Offline UMDNats

The cheerleader story got like no traction. I don't see that re-hashing of an old story forcing him to sell the team. There would have to be a lot more, or some like legit human trafficking or prostitution ring where Snyder is directly running it.

Offline 1995hoo

up for consideration:
Washington Dukes

Heh. The people in College Park would go nuts at that: Washington Duke was the father of the men who founded Duke University. (The revisionists wouldn't like it either because he owned at least one slave.)

Offline HalfSmokes

The cheerleader story got like no traction. I don't see that re-hashing of an old story forcing him to sell the team. There would have to be a lot more, or some like legit human trafficking or prostitution ring where Snyder is directly running it.

unless there are underage girls involved, me too isn't taking down Snyder. Cheerleaders having sex with players and executives isn't exactly going to shock anyone

Offline Natsinpwc

Yea. Kraft still has a team.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
for that, you got to give him a hand. Or somebody does. Just not on camera placed by a legitimate warrant.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

did they find human trafficking where Kraft was?

Offline HalfSmokes

did they find human trafficking where Kraft was?

They found sex workers who only spoke Mandarin who they sent to ICE - make of that what you will. I can’t find any article that followed up

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

Kraft and Snyder aren't  in the same league. Well They are, but you know what I mean.

Offline 1995hoo

So if I'm Alex Smith, and discovery or testimony or some kind of facts indicate that:
1. The RB who missed the block that led to the end of my career, my near death, my disfigurement and permanently impaired leg, immense pain and suffering, and compromised life was in the game because
2. the RB who was supposed to be in the game, and was perfectly healthy and available, was not, because
3. he screwed the same team employee that the head coach was screwing and was therefore benched for petty, personal, non football reasons,
4. and that the culture of the team was hyper sexualized,
5. and that Dan Snyder was part of all that,

then I'm thinking how many hundreds of millions do I sue for?

https://virginia.sportswar.com/mid/13941768/board/football/  :shock:

Offline Natsinpwc

Kraft and Snyder aren't  in the same league. Well They are, but you know what I mean.
My impression is that Snyder has some influence as an owner even if his team is bad. And his lover Jerruh will have his back. Literally.

Offline HalfSmokes

My impression is that Snyder has some influence as an owner even if his team is bad. And his lover Jerruh will have his back. Literally.

I view Snyder as Jones weasel like crony

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
up for consideration:
Washington Dukes
Washington Carvers
Washington Irvings
Washington Grovers
Washington Denzels
Washington Booker T's
Washington Georges

I'm good with Irvings.

What about D.C. Washingtons in honor of this guy:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/the-go-to-man-for-the-national-anthem-on-giving-proof-through-the-night/2016/05/25/86db4072-116f-11e6-8967-7ac733c56f12_story.html

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
I view Snyder as Jones weasel like crony

Jones would throw his weasly sycophant under the bus in a heartbeat.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
They found sex workers who only spoke Mandarin who they sent to ICE - make of that what you will. I can’t find any article that followed up

I'd be very curious where you read that, that's not what this article says.

https://deadspin.com/when-the-robert-kraft-case-fell-apart-the-women-were-l-1834857778

Law enforcement made “a pronouncement that most of these women in their experience are not citizens and don’t have residency cards, and so they’re afraid to talk to law enforcement, because they’re afraid of being deported,” Kudman said. “Well, at [Orchids of Asia], every [masseuse] was not only either a resident or a citizen, but they were in their 30s and 40s. These were not children. These were women who held multiple massage and cosmetology licenses. [The truth] couldn’t have been further from the stereotype that they were trying to paint when this case first occurred.”

Prosecutor Greg Kridos spoke up to offer some answers, telling the court: “There is no human trafficking that arises out of this investigation.” Kridos did try to couch that, saying the case when it first arose “had all the appearances of human trafficking” but, he said, after going through dozens of boxes of evidence, authorities had “no evidence to charge anybody with human trafficking.”

everyone who's ever naged about overzealous police and prosecutors should read about this case, what a waste of resources. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
case is in question because the key evidence that led to Kraft was from photos obtained with an improper warrant.

Offline HalfSmokes

I'd be very curious where you read that, that's not what this article says.

https://deadspin.com/when-the-robert-kraft-case-fell-apart-the-women-were-l-1834857778

everyone who's ever naged about overzealous police and prosecutors should read about this case, what a waste of resources. 

While Kraft’s legal team fights to have the charges against him dismissed, one of the alleged sex workers arrested in the raids, Lei Chen, remains in ICE custody. Under civil forfeiture proceedings, the state seized her J.P. Morgan Chase account, which held $2,900. Until August 21, when she was transferred to another immigration facility, Chen was held at the detention center in West Palm Beach, a half mile from a strip club where Stormy Daniels performed, and across from the Trump International Golf Club.

Another alleged sex worker, Yaping Ren, was also held for five months, waiting to be handed over to ICE, before being released in July. Her status remains uncertain: Her attorney told me that he has been unable to determine whether she is going to be deported. The county has only two court-certified Mandarin interpreters, who charge $400 an hour—a prohibitively high fee for his clients.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/10/the-disturbing-saga-of-robert-kraft

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

Offline HalfSmokes

If the cheerleaders didn’t sink Snyder, this won’t have either- he’s a pos, ashburn is toxic, nothing new

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Seems like run of the mill harassment, which while vile, is not commiserate with the buildup, which made you think you were looking at human trafficking or rape.

Offline Natsinpwc

If the cheerleaders didn’t sink Snyder, this won’t have either- he’s a pos, ashburn is toxic, nothing new
I would be that almost every NFL team has stuff like that going on.  Lots of testosterone.