Author Topic: 2020 WNFF Fundraiser (Goal met!)  (Read 1337 times)

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Re: 2020 WNFF Fundraiser (Goal met!)
« Reply #25: January 19, 2020, 11:12:23 AM »
We're set for 2020 and then some, thanks to all! :clap: :thumbs:

I want a refund then. An Amazon gift card would be acceptable. ;)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #26: January 19, 2020, 12:20:15 PM »
I thought boomers didn't believe in Amazon :stir:

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #27: January 19, 2020, 02:10:20 PM »
I thought boomers didn't believe in Amazon :stir:

In this day and age you have boomers that are retired along with their parents. In my case my mom is still kicking down in Florida. It’s my parents generation that still gets a morning newspaper, watches the news on TV and goes to stores to shop. I’d say most boomers are on board with e commerce. The amazon truck stops at my house quite a bit.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #28: January 19, 2020, 07:51:42 PM »
Refund ?  How anal do you have to be today ?

I want a refund then. An Amazon gift card would be acceptable. ;)

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #29: January 19, 2020, 09:03:54 PM »
Refund ?  How anal do you have to be today ?

:crackup:

Offline dracnal

« Reply #30: January 20, 2020, 12:23:49 AM »
In this day and age you have boomers that are retired along with their parents. In my case my mom is still kicking down in Florida. It’s my parents generation that still gets a morning newspaper, watches the news on TV and goes to stores to shop. I’d say most boomers are on board with e commerce. The amazon truck stops at my house quite a bit.

Yeah, the generational boundaries are a bit weird. My Dad was born in '41. He's okay with computers, email, preparing electronic tax returns for others as a public service, running accounting software, etc. But the idea of setting up SONOS or his Bluetooth hearing aids was pretty much the limit. I help him with a lot of basic computer repair services and such. And I'm sure he still gets a paper post and doesn't order off Amazon. To be fair, I highly doubt he shops for gifts ever, except for my MiL.

*edit: That said, he did learn to do the dishes some time around age 60.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #31: January 21, 2020, 12:40:51 PM »
I'm 60.

1. I subscribe to paper delivery, but really should just do the digital subscription.
2. I Amazon like crazy.
3. Love Bluetooth.
4. No issues with computers or wireless, or streaming, or running cable.
5. Android.
6. We watch the NewsHour nightly. Well, less during this administration, but I'll pick up again after Trump is out of office.
7. I don't Insta/Snap/whatever. Because that's for children.

Yeah, the generational boundaries are a bit weird. My Dad was born in '41. He's okay with computers, email, preparing electronic tax returns for others as a public service, running accounting software, etc. But the idea of setting up SONOS or his Bluetooth hearing aids was pretty much the limit. I help him with a lot of basic computer repair services and such. And I'm sure he still gets a paper post and doesn't order off Amazon. To be fair, I highly doubt he shops for gifts ever, except for my MiL.

*edit: That said, he did learn to do the dishes some time around age 60.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #32: January 21, 2020, 04:01:23 PM »
I'm 60.

1. I subscribe to paper delivery, but really should just do the digital subscription.
2. I Amazon like crazy.
3. Love Bluetooth.
4. No issues with computers or wireless, or streaming, or running cable.
5. Android.
6. We watch the NewsHour nightly. Well, less during this administration, but I'll pick up again after Trump is out of office.
7. I don't Insta/Snap/whatever. Because that's for children.

1. I don't, but I prefer a paper, especially when I have time.  I like finding articles I would not ordinarily click on.  I think I broaden my knowledge that way.
2.  I don't, but I don't buy much for myself.   Although I've bought 2 things from competivecyclist.com in the past month - a new tail light I love, and a highly rated Smith helmet with MIPS at a nice price. May give up my free prime membership except I've finally (after several attempts) got it to work at whole foods.
3.  Don't like anything receiving / transmitting near my brain.
4. Probably should be more open minded.
5. Likewise, but I'm not addicted to my phone.
6.  Meh, I watch MSNBC until somebody says something I know is not true.
7. Zuckerberg schmuckerberg.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #33: January 21, 2020, 04:11:13 PM »

2.  I don't, but I don't buy much for myself.   Although I've bought 2 things from competivecyclist.com in the past month - a new tail light I love, and a highly rated Smith helmet with MIPS at a nice price. May give up my free prime membership except I've finally (after several attempts) got it to work at whole foods.

you should give wiggle a shot- European prices (even with shipping) still beat US with MSRP. I just wish I lived close enough for Whole Foods delivery