Author Topic: 2020 WNFF Fundraiser (Goal met!)  (Read 1336 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
2020 WNFF Fundraiser (Goal met!)
« Topic Start: December 28, 2019, 10:25:24 AM »
For the cost/donations breakdown for 2019 and 2020, please click/scroll down to the following post: https://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=38435.msg2147928#msg2147928

Hey all,

Just copying VaRK's post from last year, but please note that there have been big cost reductions with our host due to the move to a more modern, efficient and cheaper plan this past September.  There was also a slight bit of donation overrun last year, so I'll post back here with exact numbers once I've run them again (should've written them down the first time :?) but long story short:

We only need about $250 $325 this year to cover WNFF for the year.

That's right.  The new plan is only $30/mo!

The time has once again come for all y'all bandwidth hogs and hogettes to chip in.  Given the terrific response we had last year, I'm hoping that we can "sell-out" even faster in 2019.

I'm quoting the pertinent information from previous years.  If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM The Chief :)

Quote from: The Chief on January 06, 2014, 12:33:33 PM

Some of you may recall that I held a fund drive a couple of years ago to help pay for WNFF's expenses for the year (the original thread is here: http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=25283.0).  It was a great success and the show of support from everyone was very much appreciated.  Furthermore, I have decided to link the forum's billing to a PayPal account, and will be accepting donations year-round going forward (Chief's clarification note Dec 2019 - please note that any donations over what is needed for the current year will simply roll over to succeeding years).  All donations will be left in PayPal and automatically applied to WNFF's monthly invoice.

You are free to donate as little or as much as you'd like.  This is and always will be a free site, and contributing is completely voluntary. All donations will be used to pay for hosting costs, domain renewal, and any other fees that apply directly to running the site.  I greatly appreciate donations of any amount.  You are not required to donate, so only give what you are willing and able to provide.

Total cost for 2018 was $925.80

The Chief will let us know if the 2019 cost is different.

UPDATE 1/3/19

Total cost estimate for 2019 is: $930.17

75.90 USD / month for the hosting service
20.17 USD / year for the domain name service

HOW TO DONATE

Under your forum profile settings, you'll see an "Actions" subsection with a "Paid Subscriptions" option, as shown below.  Simply choose a payment option from the drop-down list and click "order", then "order with PayPal", at which point you'll be taken to PayPal to enter your information and payment method (a PayPal account is NOT required, but they'll try to talk you into signing up for one if you use the "guest" option.  Feel free to ignore them).

You can make multiple donations if none of the dollar amounts in the list fit the exact amount you wanted to donate.

The day/week/month/year and subscription length don't mean anything, so just ignore them.  These are one-time payments ONLY.  Once you've completed the payment process at PayPal, your "subscription" will show as "active"

Thanks...

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Re: 2020 WNFF Fundraiser (cost changes, please read!)
« Reply #1: December 28, 2019, 11:49:06 AM »
donation sent.  Thanks as always for all that you do.

Offline wj73

« Reply #2: December 28, 2019, 01:39:52 PM »
Happy to send in my contribution. Thanks for all the good work you do.  :clap: :clap:

Offline Greg_SRT

• Fun while it lasted
« Reply #3: December 28, 2019, 05:33:34 PM »
Yes I just sent one

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #4: December 28, 2019, 06:35:58 PM »
Just paid- thanks for doing this

Offline The Chief

« Reply #5: December 28, 2019, 07:24:34 PM »
Already halfway there, thanks everyone!

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #6: December 28, 2019, 09:26:33 PM »
Before I give, I want to know how much JCA is being paid to combine threads? Seems like a smart place to cut costs.  :money:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #7: December 28, 2019, 10:22:37 PM »
:clap:
Before I give, I want to know how much JCA is being paid to combine threads? Seems like a smart place to cut costs.  :money:

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #8: December 29, 2019, 11:50:23 AM »
done.  The month of June shall be renamed "JCA" because the freakin' Junii dared cross Caesar.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #9: December 29, 2019, 01:24:55 PM »
Done. And this should put you over the top.  Keep in mind that I'm a retiree on Medicare. :mg:

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Gave in honor of the many people who hooked me up with tickets during playoff watch parties and have offered tickets for regular season games this season and in ones past.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Yes. You tell us at every opportunity. :D
Done. And this should put you over the top.  Keep in mind that I'm a retiree on Medicare. :mg:

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
So am I.  So what ?

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
So am I.  So what ?

So ante up you cheap bastard.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
I take great pride in being known as a cheap bastard.  So I don't express if/when I give to anyone

So ante up you cheap bastard.

Offline aBaltoNat

Trying to decide if I should donate here or answer one of the 10 texts I get from Trumplicans each day.

;-)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Trying to decide if I should donate here or answer one of the 10 texts I get from Trumplicans each day.

;-)

you gave your cell # to DC? :)

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
you gave your cell # to DC? :)

Wouldn't matter since I have him on ignore.  :crackup:

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
Done - only $10, but every little bit helps.  Not sure why the options jump from $5 to $20?  Never seen that before.

Offline The Chief

Done - only $10, but every little bit helps.  Not sure why the options jump from $5 to $20?  Never seen that before.

Thanks!  And there were only 4 choices by default, so I spread them out a bit.  Adding more options or a manual input would've been more complicated.  As you discovered it's possible to make two donations of 5.  It's also possible to just send me whatever you want directly once my PayPal address is revealed :)

Offline The Chief

And now as promised, the breakdown:

https://www.wnff.net/gdayimgs/2019-wnff-donations.gif (just click the link to view - I didn't bother posting it as an image because it doesn't scale well)

Short version - total donations last year were either 910.00 or 875.46 depending on whether you count by what's sent or by what I receive after PayPal's fees.  For the record I have always counted by what is sent (also the $20 discrepancy in the figures above are because of one mail-in donation).

Total operating costs in 2019 were 835.32, breakdown here:

75.90 Jan
75.90 Feb
75.90 Mar
87.29 Apr (yet another price increase for legacy plan which is what prompted me to move us to a newer plan)
87.29 May
87.29 Jun
87.29 Jul
87.29 Aug
31.00 Aug (new plan)
30.00 Sep
30.00 Oct
30.00 Nov
30.00 Dec
20.17 (legacy "nationalsforum.net" domain renewal)**

Expected costs for 2020 are 380.17:

30/mo for plan
20.17 for the year for "nationalsforum.net" domain

Subtract the surplus 54.68 from 2019 and that leaves us with a bottom line of:

$325.49 needed for 2020.

So far there have been 375.00 in donations sent

Offline The Chief

Feel free to double-check my numbers, and apologies that the original post has become such a hot mess :lol:

As always thanks to everyone who helps keep the lights on and to all members who make this site what it is :thumbs: :clap:

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Done! Thanks as always, Chief :thumbs:

Online aspenbubba

Check is in the mail. Thanks Chief for all that you do.Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family.

Offline The Chief

$325.49 needed for 2020.

So far there have been 375.00 in donations sent

We're set for 2020 and then some, thanks to all! :clap: :thumbs: